News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 2 - AGP Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 29, 2023, 01:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 05:39:55 PM
Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:40:43 PM
Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 03:38:51 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:36:08 PM
Why the **** do we bother going here??? Just leave this event to F1's & stay at home!

I'm loving it. Supercars getting a taste of their own medicine. Now they might feel the pain that support categories get at their events.
I have no problems with support categories getting cut.. They are there to support & the race program must be written to the main event.. I just don't think Supercars needs to be a support category..

If the support categories keep getting screwed over and cut, they will eventually stop coming and where will that leave supercars? Pretty lonely as the only category or with such 💩 support categories that people stop going to events or cutting their expensive pay tv subscriptions.

The supports need to start being treated as partners and not an inconvenience to the main game..
You're being saying that for 20+ years & the end didn't come!!

At the end of the day, there is only so may light hours in the day & if you dont have support categories stopped short, then they need to biuld bigger breaks (& less support categories) to each race meeting. Then you get people complaining not enough race time on track.. Can't have it both ways.. You either cut them short or have less of them with bigger gaps between race action for most of the time.. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of a story

**or get rid of the excessive gaps that already exist and use the time in a better fashion... there is NO need for any race to go 'time certain' on a SC weekend.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Joe5619

Quote from: Wrighty05 on April 02, 2023, 01:12:02 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on April 02, 2023, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: Ospif1 on April 02, 2023, 10:51:27 AM
I don't get why teams keep drivers out for so long when the timing proves they are losing time to those who stopped early.
Because they need to change to hards & that would make them even slower.

Dare I bring up parity? I think the Mustangs need a bit more..

I agree.

At the track the last couple of days, I'm not sure it's an aero tweak though. Not convinced they have engine parity yet...
Read on Facebook.. Ford teams meet during the weekend to talk parity & it was engine parity.. Seems they feel they are missing something up high, which wasn't as evident in Newcastle.. Hopefully it doesn't become into a **** fight & they get an adjustment BEFORE the next event

Joe5619

Quote from: Sonic on April 02, 2023, 01:58:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 05:39:55 PM
Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:40:43 PM
Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 03:38:51 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:36:08 PM
Why the **** do we bother going here??? Just leave this event to F1's & stay at home!

I'm loving it. Supercars getting a taste of their own medicine. Now they might feel the pain that support categories get at their events.
I have no problems with support categories getting cut.. They are there to support & the race program must be written to the main event.. I just don't think Supercars needs to be a support category..

If the support categories keep getting screwed over and cut, they will eventually stop coming and where will that leave supercars? Pretty lonely as the only category or with such 💩 support categories that people stop going to events or cutting their expensive pay tv subscriptions.

The supports need to start being treated as partners and not an inconvenience to the main game..
You're being saying that for 20+ years & the end didn't come!!

At the end of the day, there is only so may light hours in the day & if you dont have support categories stopped short, then they need to biuld bigger breaks (& less support categories) to each race meeting. Then you get people complaining not enough race time on track.. Can't have it both ways.. You either cut them short or have less of them with bigger gaps between race action for most of the time.. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of a story

**or get rid of the excessive gaps that already exist and use the time in a better fashion... there is NO need for any race to go 'time certain' on a SC weekend.
I'm no expert, but from what I see when I'm at the track, there isn't any bigger gaps between races already.. We also have to give Marshalls a break too.. And to be fair to Supercars, they cut their own races short too, so it's not like it's just support categories

Ospif1

I don't get why teams keep drivers out for so long when the timing proves they are losing time to those who stopped early.

? Didn't make the drivers who switched to them earlier slower, you know the ones who were behind yet finished comfortably ahead...

v8man11

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 02, 2023, 04:50:46 PM

? Didn't make the drivers who switched to them earlier slower, you know the ones who were behind yet finished comfortably ahead...

You mean the drivers who started on the hards and switched to the super softs after one racing lap, the hards are a much slower tyre to the super softs

Joe5619

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 02, 2023, 04:50:46 PM

Someone has already answered your question, but I will too! Everyone who started on Hards, did lap 1 on hards & then changed to softs. Everyone who started on softs did every lap on the softs & then on the last lap changed to Hards.

Is was a dumb setup for the weekend by Supercars..

Bloopy

Quote from: fordman on March 31, 2023, 04:32:01 PM
Does a time certain race negate the 75% completed laps??? did they get to 75%?

The 75% rule applies to a driver laps down relative to the no. of laps completed by the winner. There's a 50% rule for red flagged races (which possibly they only discovered they needed after the pileup in Tassie). But if say a 20 lap race was shortened to 9 laps with no red flags, it probably still counts.

mikeamerica84

I can only guess that with the hand they were holding and having to go to hards, they were hoping for the safety car to intervene?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

LG

For F1 discussion please use https://www.v8central.com/index.php?topic=278.0 and not clutter the Supercars thread.

skaifeman

It must be said, Kostecki has been the big surprise packet. We knew he could drive, and reasonably consistently, but now he's FAST.
Le Brocq has also been great, finishing no worse than 9th (apart from his one DNF).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Joe5619

Quote from: skaifeman on April 03, 2023, 08:47:52 AM
It must be said, Kostecki has been the big surprise packet. We knew he could drive, and reasonably consistently, but now he's FAST.
Le Brocq has also been great, finishing no worse than 9th (apart from his one DNF).
Agree.. I want to hate on them as I don't like Erebus, but it's hard to deny both drivers & the team are doing a very good job!

mikeamerica84

I thought I had one too many beers when I saw Jack Smith passing Chaz in Race 4 on the same tyre strategy.

Later I realized that Chaz has blistered a tyre badly, but still.....  What a strange round.  But it is what it is and it was what it was.  I am just glad I did not have to pay for any damages or admission to any of these races.  I'll take a seat in the Sun at Barbagallo next round over this any day.

I do agree that the mandatory tyre changes should be given the boot.  In fact, I would be fine with starting each sprint race with a rolling start.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: AlbertM on March 29, 2023, 06:48:36 PM
Trev might be on to something.
My favorite post of the thread.  Rare moments on V8 Central!

Sorry, Albert, but I had to give you an "Applaud" for that one.  Please do not hold it against me!  :)

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on March 29, 2023, 03:20:35 AM
I won't be watching but a 888 clean sweep for sure, so why bother

How did that prediction go?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN