News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 2 - AGP Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 29, 2023, 01:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

DJR cars seem closer to the pace but it's only first practice.

skaifeman

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 30, 2023, 01:14:01 PM
WOW, these cars don't look like they crush well... Can't believe Giz's cars isn't ready for P2.

Slade still may not yet make the race! Update: Car wasn't ready for qualifying.

Race 3:
de Pasquale
Kostecki
SVG
Mostert
Waters

Race 4:
SVG
Brown
Feeney
Kostecki
Winterbottom
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Joe5619

Shane's just too good.. I wish he'd move overseas so we could have a better championship.

Missed the practice session for Super softs & yet still put it on pole in the qualifying session for Super soft

SetonFan

They could do with bringing in the concrete wall where SVG went in to avoid a spin on the grass like that

AlbertM

Ripper save from SVG. Picked up the throttle to stop it going in hard backwards. Went for another spin but that burnt off the speed.
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on March 30, 2023, 12:53:31 PM
SVG with a major moment in P1, nudging the walls with both front and rear.
Listen to him on and off the throttle as he tries to spin away from the wall. Not sure if it helped, the second rotation seemed much faster than the first.

Good to see the cars getting out of shape at what was previously flat out corners. Update: He actually put a wheel in the grass.

Any other driver would have wrote it off.

Doing all the talking on the track! P3 and pole, brilliant.

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 30, 2023, 06:41:24 PM

Every other driver (except Slade) managed to keep it off the wall in the first place.  ;D
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on March 30, 2023, 10:51:04 PM

Every other driver (except Slade) managed to keep it off the wall in the first place.  ;D

Every other driver has not crossed the line 1st in ,3 from 3 races this year either.

Good to see Chaz and Walkinshaw leading the ford charge when others are struggling again.

Also good to see that the homologation teams clearly have no advantage on the others

Bloopy

What a golden line from Barry Ryan: "Adrian gave us verbal permission and we know that's powerful" ;D ;D

Trevor

Quote from: skaifeman on March 30, 2023, 01:33:15 PM

Race 4:
SVG
Brown
Feeney
Kostecki
Winterbottom
no surprise at the top, but a few below

Joe5619

What are people's thought on the loop whole that allowed teams to just swap 2 soft?

I'm in 2 minds.. Part of me says "good on them", the other says "what are you celebrating (particularly the BJR cars), you used a loop whole to get undeservingly up the grid"

And quite possibly, I'm a little bitter T18 stuff up Frosty's strategy so much it went the other way.. I might have felt different if T18 had thought of it!!

fordman

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 09:47:19 AM
What are people's thought on the loop whole that allowed teams to just swap 2 soft?

I'm in 2 minds.. Part of me says "good on them", the other says "what are you celebrating (particularly the BJR cars), you used a loop whole to get undeservingly up the grid"

And quite possibly, I'm a little bitter T18 stuff up Frosty's strategy so much it went the other way.. I might have felt different if T18 had thought of it!!

I am surprised they ALL didn't twigg??? T8 knew the situation when the call was made they were debating to use 2 softs or not ie dig into their few sets left.

loop hole well its there for all question will they close it???? seems like the SS last a while so they will go long I think and hards used for the last lap???? we will see today

mikeamerica84

Quote from: LG on March 30, 2023, 01:31:59 PM
DJR cars seem closer to the pace but it's only first practice.
DJR has closed the gap it looks like, LG.  Good for the series.

I cannot beLIEVE that only a FEW teams picked up on the wet track/tyre issue.

Hats off to those who did.

Race 2 tomorrow.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

madbugger

My thoughts on loophole. It's 💩 and needs to be closed.

Supposed to take on 4 tyres and use 2 compounds. Whether it is declared a wet race or not shouldn't negate that, though clearly it does. It needs to be changed before the next race.

Nearly every team played by the spirit of the rules, those that didn't are verging on being cheats.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on March 30, 2023, 11:59:24 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 30, 2023, 10:51:04 PM

Every other driver has not crossed the line 1st in ,3 from 3 races this year either.

Every other team at least had legal cars for on of the 3 😁  ;D
Ford Faithful