News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 2 - AGP Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, March 29, 2023, 01:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ospif1

Yeah why even bother with pitstops in these short races?  They're just a mess that we don't need.

fordman

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on April 01, 2023, 06:20:34 PM
With Kostecki under investigation as well we could end up with the whole podium being changed.

having seen the replay they'd be hard pushed to get an unsafe release for that. both cars behind him momentarily stopped when Kos was released. all good for me.

I am more interested in seeing if car 888 gets a penalty for the placement of the rear tyre that Davo hit. The rear tyre was almost out in the fast lane. If it was placed near the car it would not have been hit. I would think a team penalty for that one should be issued (although if the race had continued no doubt it would have been a drive through)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

That was my first thought too Sonic, that the tyre was left in a dangerous position. Isn't there a specific line that they have to be within?

Davo then ran into Fullwood, I'd assume that's what his penalty was for, rather than whacking the wheel?

The big loss here is... if Fullwood just halted for a second to merge behind Fraser, there's no way that Kostecki gets in front! Fullwood would've come out in the lead!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on April 01, 2023, 07:37:57 PM
That was my first thought too Sonic, that the tyre was left in a dangerous position. Isn't there a specific line that they have to be within?

Davo then ran into Fullwood, I'd assume that's what his penalty was for, rather than whacking the wheel?

The big loss here is... if Fullwood just halted for a second to merge behind Fraser, there's no way that Kostecki gets in front! Fullwood would've come out in the lead!

don't know. if anyone knows how to put up a screen grab in here the difference of where the rear wheel of the 97 is on the ground compared to the front (and the vision of all the other teams in pit lane at that time) is massive. for mine it needs to be addressed as we were fortunate that it bounced to driver's left and the pit lane and not to driver's right and taking out service crew

Trevor

Interesting reading Frosty's comment on his accident - he said "these cars are so fragile" - what the ****!!!!!!, have they designed a piss poor car AGAIN - it sounds like it.  It might be safe for the driver but what about the repair bills.  I thought Gen 3 was supposed to be cheaper for the teams
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

murph_fan51

Quote from: Trevor on April 02, 2023, 05:17:19 AM
Interesting reading Frosty's comment on his accident - he said "these cars are so fragile" - what the ****!!!!!!, have they designed a piss poor car AGAIN - it sounds like it.  It might be safe for the driver but what about the repair bills.  I thought Gen 3 was supposed to be cheaper for the teams
How much damage to his car? Frosty said a day ago "thankfully the car is straight".

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/winterbottom-podium-lost-in-turn-1-incident/
debris debris debris

fordman

Seems like they want to do a rolling start to address the fire situation???

How does a standing start cause a fire??? more like an attempt to calm the race down a bit to get a full race in, how many green flag racing has there been?

Kytabu

Quote from: fordman on April 02, 2023, 07:37:58 AM
Seems like they want to do a rolling start to address the fire situation???

How does a standing start cause a fire??? more like an attempt to calm the race down a bit to get a full race in, how many green flag racing has there been?
The cars generate a lot of heat standing still on the grid, which can cause a component to fail and then start a fire later in the lap. We've seen chaos on rolling starts in the past so it's not a ploy to get a full race in. Although, I find it interesting that there were no issues in Newcastle where it was much hotter.

Between the podiums being changed by penalties, the wet race declaration affecting the pit stop requirements, and the ongoing issues with Gen3, it's been one absolute shambles of a weekend.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Ospif1

I don't get why teams keep drivers out for so long when the timing proves they are losing time to those who stopped early.

Joe5619

Quote from: Ospif1 on April 02, 2023, 10:51:27 AM
I don't get why teams keep drivers out for so long when the timing proves they are losing time to those who stopped early.
Because they need to change to hards & that would make them even slower.

Dare I bring up parity? I think the Mustangs need a bit more..

Wrighty05

Quote from: Joe5619 on April 02, 2023, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: Ospif1 on April 02, 2023, 10:51:27 AM
Because they need to change to hards & that would make them even slower.

Dare I bring up parity? I think the Mustangs need a bit more..

I agree.

At the track the last couple of days, I'm not sure it's an aero tweak though. Not convinced they have engine parity yet...

Sonic

Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:40:43 PM
Quote from: madbugger on March 31, 2023, 03:38:51 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 31, 2023, 03:36:08 PM
Why the **** do we bother going here??? Just leave this event to F1's & stay at home!

I'm loving it. Supercars getting a taste of their own medicine. Now they might feel the pain that support categories get at their events.
I have no problems with support categories getting cut.. They are there to support & the race program must be written to the main event.. I just don't think Supercars needs to be a support category..

If the support categories keep getting screwed over and cut, they will eventually stop coming and where will that leave supercars? Pretty lonely as the only category or with such 💩 support categories that people stop going to events or cutting their expensive pay tv subscriptions.

The supports need to start being treated as partners and not an inconvenience to the main game..

that is how they lost Phillip Island off the schedule... main game plus one national series and then 2 *mashups*... who will pay full price for half a show?