News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2024

Started by skaifeman, May 03, 2023, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

I am not concerned that Newcastle is gone.

There are too many street circuits contributing nothing to development of racing and driver training.

IF there are any government money (read ours) lying around, I would prefer it be used in a longer-term community benefit.

Surely there are several licensed tracks that would be suitable, and I would prefer one of them to another street circuit round at Bathurst.

let Supercars support the owners of tracks that support motor sport.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

stevo qld

Thinking back, I am not in favour of Brown leaving Erebus. They have given him so many opportunities and assistance.

I feel he should have honored his contract. It is a matter of integrity.

I understand why he is doing it and I understand why Betty has let him go.

Too many drivers chase contracts and then do not honour them. One is particular is famous for breaking contracts with multiple teams.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

muz

I don't disagree with this, but in saying that - what does he owe Erebus?

They promised him a seat, at the same time he didn't go and chase another seat.

They supported him and brought him into the main game, he won races for them.

They delivered a new car, he won even more races and is top 5 in the championship and has put Erebus at front of the Teams Championship.

I would say they have got what they paid for, and some.

It's a shame to leave the contract early, but the team knocking have been at the top of the championship since 2005 when Lowndes claimed 2nd - in fact they have had a driver at least top 3 in the championship every year since (off the top of my head).

The biggest shame is that Erebus went and got JLB and did not go shopping for a different top tier driver.

skaifeman

Agree on JLB. He's got some boots to fill, the car is certainly under him.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

skaifeman

Hazelwood is out of a full-time drive:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/hazelwood-confirms-loss-of-full-time-supercars-seat/

I'd be straight on the phone to drive with Waters or one of the DJR boys. Even a seat with Heimgartner, Erebus or Grove wouldn't go astray.
(I'm assuming 888 and WAU are locked up already).

stevo qld

I would not be surprised if he ends back at MSR for the co-drive.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Does Tim Edwards slot in for Burgess next year as Head of Motorsport?

stevo qld

Burgess is tipped as a possible recruit to Team 18.

If some of the comments ON THIS FORUM thar he useless or worse are correct: then team 18 will go backward. Ford teams should be pleased.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

muz

Quote from: skaifeman on November 16, 2023, 07:02:38 PMDoes Tim Edwards slot in for Burgess next year as Head of Motorsport?

1 championship and 2 Bathurst wins in 15yrs or so at Tickford? Slim pickings if so. HoM should be someone like Jeromy Moore

mikeamerica84

Quote from: muz on November 18, 2023, 01:20:26 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on November 16, 2023, 07:02:38 PMDoes Tim Edwards slot in for Burgess next year as Head of Motorsport?

1 championship and 2 Bathurst wins in 15yrs or so at Tickford? Slim pickings if so. HoM should be someone like Jeromy Moore
I have seen mediocre & inept workers get promoted up the ladder my entire professional career.  This would be no different.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

AlbertM

Quote from: muz on November 18, 2023, 01:20:26 AM

Depends on what is required. For all of Burgess' success, still got it wrong.
Ford Faithful