News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2024

Started by skaifeman, May 03, 2023, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetonFan

Quote from: stevo qld on January 31, 2024, 10:40:55 PMPS: it was not a Speedcafe scoop. In fact, their report was well behind the daily newspaper report.

Not that it really matters, but unless it was in the print version of the papers, the Speedcafe article at 11.30 is the earliest I can see online - with NewsCorp at 1.30pm.

fordman

sadly its the bad thing about media, hear a rumble rush to print get everyone guessing and then finding out there is another reason for the situation, had they waited we would have had the truth rather then hyping everyone up over what's simply not the case. The pressure to be "first" with so called "breaking" news can make fools of outlets.

LG

mikeamerica84

Well, it is either fake news or Brodie "will not be driving for Erebus this year."

You gotta "love" the media, eh fordman?   ::)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

AlbertM

Biggest clue so far that it's an internal dispute.

Erebus seems to be jinxed with drivers from the beginning. Started when SVG faked mental illness to get out.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 01, 2024, 10:30:50 AMWell, it is either fake news or Brodie "will not be driving for Erebus this year."

We know what is happening. We and the media are just foaming at the mouth to find out, why?  :D
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 01, 2024, 10:30:50 AMWell, it is either fake news or Brodie "will not be driving for Erebus this year."

yeh gotta love em....................not. don't get me started  >:(

fordman

Quote from: LG on February 01, 2024, 08:39:24 AM

From what I have seen regarding AI we wont be able to trust ANYTHING soon. wont be able to tell the difference between real and AI. :(

TheArrow

Quote from: LG on February 01, 2024, 08:39:24 AM
That is probably a reference to the Oscar Piastri/Alpine/McLaren saga from a few years back.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: fordman on February 01, 2024, 10:58:33 AMFrom what I have seen regarding AI we wont be able to trust ANYTHING soon. wont be able to tell the difference between real and AI. :(
And THAT'S why we have the V8 Central Fantasy League!  No AI interference THERE!  Only the TRUE facts and reporting of the series!

Sign-up will be coming soon.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

murph_fan51

Quote from: LG on January 31, 2024, 07:06:29 AMIt seems to me that Barry Ryan strikes again.
During the season there was a couple of quiet rumours of unrest but the fact that both drivers were going really well sort of scuppered them.
It appears that Will was the smart one negotiating his release to join 888 Racing.
I don't think Brodie will end up anywhere else, certainly not this year.
It seems everyone is blaming Barry? I like his no bull**** hard man approach to sport, if it was that bad neither driver would have won the championship last year. And Betty would have sorted it out anyway.
Will going to T8 was simply opportunity. Anyone would take it.
Reynolds leaving was probably sponsor related.
debris debris debris

LG

Quote from: murph_fan51 on February 01, 2024, 04:36:19 PM
Quote from: LG on January 31, 2024, 07:06:29 AMIt seems to me that Barry Ryan strikes again.
During the season there was a couple of quiet rumours of unrest but the fact that both drivers were going really well sort of scuppered them.
It appears that Will was the smart one negotiating his release to join 888 Racing.
I don't think Brodie will end up anywhere else, certainly not this year.
It seems everyone is blaming Barry? I like his no bull**** hard man approach to sport, if it was that bad neither driver would have won the championship last year. And Betty would have sorted it out anyway.
Reynolds leaving was probably sponsor related.

If it isn't Barry Ryan then who is it?

AlbertM

It's either Barry or Betty. They are the owners.

Coca Cola and other sponsors would have to be pleased with what's going on.  ???
Ford Faithful

Bloopy

Quote from: murph_fan51 on February 01, 2024, 04:36:19 PMIt seems everyone is blaming Barry? I like his no bull**** hard man approach to sport, if it was that bad neither driver would have won the championship last year. And Betty would have sorted it out anyway.
Someone in the Speedcafe comments suggested Brodie found out he was Triple Eight's first choice for poaching, so now he's bitter because Erebus held him back and then treated Will's career differently. Betty was involved in those decisions.

It's a shame to have all this speculation out there though, and I wanna believe there's a more legitimate reason. Otherwise, surely Brodie could've shown he was the honourable one and fulfilled the contract he signed, and more importantly: try to beat Triple Eight again! Then live and learn for next career decision etc.

stevo qld

We don't yet have any comment from Brodie. There may just be illness or personal reasons he is unavailable for this one race meeting. My concern is for Brodie's wellbeing.

I have serious doubts about the above post by twitter twits. I thought twitter was dead.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN