News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2024

Started by skaifeman, May 03, 2023, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Surely Erebus have got to come out and address this issue. Speculation is going to hammer them if they don't
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

AlbertM

"My way or the highway" has never served anyone well. I can understand keeping fans in the dark to pretend they have a strong united front. But Sponsors paying the bills should know why last years champion is AWOL.

Sponsor leaving put it beyond doubt this is more than just a personal (Brodie) issue.
Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on February 05, 2024, 03:18:40 PM"My way or the highway" has never served anyone well. I can understand keeping fans in the dark to pretend they have a strong united front. But Sponsors paying the bills should know why last years champion is AWOL.

Sponsor leaving put it beyond doubt this is more than just a personal (Brodie) issue.

I had hoped it was a personal issue, but now coca cola has bailed I think its not so, if it was pretty sure CC would have stayed.

The longer this goes the worse its gunna get

murph_fan51

We'll find out when the season starts or maybe if lucky just before it.
debris debris debris

CP

Is it entirely possible that Erebus found a trick to get a performance advantage out their car that wasn't exactly kosher, but not actually outside the rules?

stevo qld

Quote from: CP on February 05, 2024, 05:15:21 PMIs it entirely possible that Erebus found a trick to get a performance advantage out their car that wasn't exactly kosher, but not actually outside the rules?

Anything is possible, but is there any evidence of such a trick?

Quote from: madbugger on February 05, 2024, 02:58:25 PMSurely Erebus have got to come out and address this issue. Speculation is going to hammer them if they don't

Erebus did come out and address the situation and that only muddled it further,
Now, millions of dollars of sponsorship are walking away as quickly as they can.

I wonder if Coca Cola will turn up with another team, possibly single car as there are a few unnamed back cars.

Some sources suggest that "Erebus is the God of the underworld". Is it personified in the team?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

muz

Erebus have lost control of the narrative.

Other drivers and sponsors are talking for them.

Supercars has made a mess of it.

This is a brilliant example of how not to do crisis communications. A world exists where they kept their sponsors and addressed the issue and everyone moved on.

What they have done is amateur.

Alan59

Quote from: madbugger on February 05, 2024, 02:58:25 PMSurely Erebus have got to come out and address this issue. Speculation is going to hammer them if they don't
Absolutely.After a week of not addressing the issue properly we are now at the point where cheating their way to a Championship is gaining traction.
I have no idea what the true story might be but someone needs to come out and tell it yesterday.

Troy01505

Sponsors walking paint a picture and that picture is not a driver with some petty issue or mental health concern. Pretty soon there will be a cut price championship winning team up for grabs. They won't let adderton buy a team but they let ****wits like this stay in the sport!

The drivers may be forced to keep their mouth shut to those out of the sport but it will hurt the team when they share their stories amongst the paddock. Hopefully their days in the sport are done pretty soon.

CP

Quote from: Alan59 on February 05, 2024, 07:52:10 PM
Absolutely.After a week of not addressing the issue properly we are now at the point where cheating their way to a Championship is gaining traction.
I have no idea what the true story might be but someone needs to come out and tell it yesterday.

If there was alleged naughtiness going on with the cars, then how did they get through all 12 rounds of scruitineering, and parc ferme without anything suss being picked up?

Bloopy

Latest believable explanation I saw was that working for the team was too toxic. Though I'd kinda have to be in the team to even imagine it. Must be a really extreme case with bullying and so on, given you kinda expect motor racing to be a high pressure environment with people working long hours and tempers fraying etc. Drivers also have the luxury of that buffer where they don't normally even interact with anyone other than their engineer while they're doing their most important work.

AlbertM

Quote from: CP on February 05, 2024, 09:11:58 PM
Quote from: Alan59 on February 05, 2024, 07:52:10 PM

If there was alleged naughtiness going on with the cars, then how did they get through all 12 rounds of scruitineering, and parc ferme without anything suss being picked up?

Wouldn't be the first time Supercars have been hush-hush about cheating.

Can't see that being the case with Brodie leaving though. It would also big new in the paddock.  I think Erebus screwed over Brodie in some way.
Ford Faithful

Mechz

Errorbus now refunding memberships and no doubt have the incinerator running 24x7 on all the merch they printed already.

In any other business the CEO would fall on their sword to save the company.

AlbertM

That's crazy. It sounds like they have no intention of reconciliation.
Ford Faithful

Mechz

I would be surprised if they're still solvent in a few months.