News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2024

Started by skaifeman, May 03, 2023, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CP

Is there truth to the speculation that the end of season celebrations got a bit out of hand?

AlbertM

Quote from: WarrenK on February 07, 2024, 01:35:06 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on February 06, 2024, 08:24:35 PMThe number is for the winning driver. Not the team.
Until there is anything official, BK is still the driver of the No1 Erebus Chev, so running No 1 today is OK.

It is official. BK will not be driving an Erebus Chev until further notice. Pretty sure that was Hazelwood's name on the car. As far as I know he didn't win the championship last year.

It's Brodie Kostecki's number not Erebus'
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: AlbertM on August 04, 2023, 07:48:15 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 03, 2023, 09:32:53 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on August 03, 2023, 07:37:40 PMThat will depend if Erebus lets him go. Is he in the middle of a contract or does he have a new one for 2024 like SVG?

Betty has always said contract or not the drivers are free to do as they feel. To never hold back someone who wants to be elsewhere.

I reckon if he went to her and said he had a Nascar offer she'd be cheering him on.

All true. Although Brodie is in with a shot at taking the Championship. Should he pull it off, contracts and sponsors might say something different when the time comes.
And that time is now.

Early pages in this thread make for some interesting reading. Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. LOL!
Ford Faithful

Bloopy

Quote from: Mechz on February 07, 2024, 01:33:11 PM
Quote from: LG on February 07, 2024, 09:46:27 AMOne could say that Supercars are partly responsible for the situation.
If they knew about the toxic conditions within Erebus and allowed it to continue then they are remiss with their WHS conditions.

Sorry LG but unless you can point to a clause in the agreement between SC & the teams saying they have power to resolve these things, then I doubt it exists.

The only power they would have is if the team or driver brought the sport into disrepute, and SC do that to themselves better than any team ever could.
I laughed, but I think the teams would have a far more difficult time getting Supercars convicted for disrepute rather than the other way around. Supercars is the one who books the circuits, so they most likely also have the power to get someone trespassed from their events. Maybe all the other teams would need to agree to remove Erebus entirely though.

muz

Quote from: CP on February 07, 2024, 05:46:41 PMIs there truth to the speculation that the end of season celebrations got a bit out of hand?

Well the above quoted article speculates that Barry Ryan was also fired and re-hired, but unsure if that is recent or not.

Would be a shame for a party to divide a team.

Mechz

Quote from: Bloopy on February 07, 2024, 06:28:43 PM
Quote from: Mechz on February 07, 2024, 01:33:11 PM
Quote from: LG on February 07, 2024, 09:46:27 AMOne could say that Supercars are partly responsible for the situation.
If they knew about the toxic conditions within Erebus and allowed it to continue then they are remiss with their WHS conditions.

Sorry LG but unless you can point to a clause in the agreement between SC & the teams saying they have power to resolve these things, then I doubt it exists.

The only power they would have is if the team or driver brought the sport into disrepute, and SC do that to themselves better than any team ever could.
I laughed, but I think the teams would have a far more difficult time getting Supercars convicted for disrepute rather than the other way around. Supercars is the one who books the circuits, so they most likely also have the power to get someone trespassed from their events. Maybe all the other teams would need to agree to remove Erebus entirely though.

SC so impotent they'd need a dead body laid out in front of the Wiggles before they took a REC away(or whatever they call them now).

AlbertM

Quote from: drivexby on February 07, 2024, 03:50:01 PMLooks like the lawyers have been called in -

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/under-siege-team-boss-breaks-silence-on-driver-fiasco/ar-BB1hTK1Q?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=67c9f07230c04f9a91635bcfdc032936&ei=9

Article suggests Barry Ryan was let go, then rehired. I wonder if that rehire is what broke Brodie.

No matter what now, Brodie won't be driving for Erebus for 2024. If forced back he won't be in the state of mind to race safely. You can't force a person to work in a toxic workplace. All that is left is to negotiate a release and that it will probably involve gardening leave for Brodie. It has been suggested Erebus have already scuppered a plan to put Brodie in another car.
Ford Faithful

TheArrow

Quote from: muz on February 07, 2024, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: CP on February 07, 2024, 05:46:41 PMIs there truth to the speculation that the end of season celebrations got a bit out of hand?

Well the above quoted article speculates that Barry Ryan was also fired and re-hired, but unsure if that is recent or not.

That's a pretty big allegation to just gloss over in that article!

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Wrighty05

That's what I heard

CP

Quote from: muz on February 07, 2024, 06:39:04 PM

There is a post on the former Erebus Army Facebook page suggesting exactly that.

muz

Pure speculation...what if Kostecki ends up in the 3rd T8 wildcard car and puts a full focus on winning bathurst, and then runs the car at a few other rounds too?

Win your first bathurst, do it with Craig Lowndes...would be a big story.

madbugger

Quote from: muz on February 08, 2024, 07:12:57 AMPure speculation...what if Kostecki ends up in the 3rd T8 wildcard car and puts a full focus on winning bathurst, and then runs the car at a few other rounds too?

Does anyone really think that after the ****storm that has gone down that Erebus will allow Brodie to drive anywhere else before his contract is finished without massive compensation coming to Erebus?
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Quote from: AlbertM on February 07, 2024, 05:56:38 PM
Quote from: WarrenK on February 07, 2024, 01:35:06 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on February 06, 2024, 08:24:35 PMThe number is for the winning driver. Not the team.
Until there is anything official, BK is still the driver of the No1 Erebus Chev, so running No 1 today is OK.

It is official. BK will not be driving an Erebus Chev until further notice. Pretty sure that was Hazelwood's name on the car. As far as I know he didn't win the championship last year.

It's Brodie Kostecki's number not Erebus'
Being a test day, I think the rules are murky re actual repercussions. It's more a question of integrity/sporting behaviour. Jeff Grech didn't mince his words:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/supercars/supercars-2024-erebus-motorsport-makes-disgusting-move-amid-brodie-kostecki-exit-news-latest-update/news-story/8493b63635c0185e2a1b8d61e521ce52

It's always a funny one. The team all won that Championship too, but the circumstance has put the spotlight as Erebus v Brodie and his rights around that.
I'd like to think the organisation as a whole decided to run the #1, not just a single figure.

What's interesting, is that no one else in the team has moved on. If it's so toxic, surely (at least) Commins and Moore would be highly sought after, and would also jump ship? Is it just a driver issue?
If the msn report above is correct and Barry left and returned, it could be a straight up Barry/Brodie issue, as Albert suggests.

Just for the sake of the comparison, as it was brought up.
When DJR did it, they didn't break the #1 regs as outlined in an earlier post, they were running #17/#18. They did break the number layout/sizing rules of Schedule K at the time. Different circumstances and different regs broken.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

skaifeman

Quote from: madbugger on February 08, 2024, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: muz on February 08, 2024, 07:12:57 AMPure speculation...what if Kostecki ends up in the 3rd T8 wildcard car and puts a full focus on winning bathurst, and then runs the car at a few other rounds too?

Does anyone really think that after the ****storm that has gone down that Erebus will allow Brodie to drive anywhere else before his contract is finished without massive compensation coming to Erebus?
Obviously depending on the compensation figure, it would build massive exposure for a brand (say... Supercheap) to pay that and get Brodie out there. Might just be worth the figure.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977