News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2024

Started by skaifeman, May 03, 2023, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: fordman on February 05, 2024, 03:24:51 PMI had hoped it was a personal issue, but now coca cola has bailed.....
Back to Erebus and Coca-Cola:  Did I miss it in a previous round?  Coca-Cola is now on the bonnet of Fullwood's Middy's car.  Still on Randle's rear panels, too.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

muz

Coca Cola has been on the BJR cars for quite a few years.

Mechz

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 27, 2024, 11:54:53 PM
Quote from: fordman on February 05, 2024, 03:24:51 PMI had hoped it was a personal issue, but now coca cola has bailed.....
Back to Erebus and Coca-Cola:  Did I miss it in a previous round?  Coca-Cola is now on the bonnet of Fullwood's Middy's car.  Still on Randle's rear panels, too.

Randle is Tickford who has Monster which is distributed by Coke. Easy brand co-op for them.

skaifeman

Kostecki in the seat for Taupo. Interestingly, he's quoted as saying he needed time to "prioritise my health."
I feel like, if it was the ****show as rumoured, why would Erebus or Brodie even go down that path of saying that? Why poke the bear again?

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

muz

This team has shown they make very poor communication errors to create a desired image.

The sponsors didn't walk over a health issue.

Bloopy

If the antics of his bosses drove him to insanity then I suppose it's not wrong to call it a health issue. Anyway, to those in the know it reads as Brodie being the more mature person in the situation and getting on with things. It'll just be great to see him driving.

stevo qld

Quote from: muz on April 08, 2024, 12:29:47 PMThis team has shown they make very poor communication errors to create a desired image.

The sponsors didn't walk over a health issue.
I have been wondering about the sponsor issues.

Coke has been switching contracts in and out of teams for years including current recipient BJR, so I see nothing unusual about that.

I have always associated Shaw and Partners with Will Brown and Jack Perkins and they had both departed.

The third sponsor was so insignificant that I have already forgotten them.

Maybe it was just a normal end of season sponsor rearrangement.

I wonder if Todds sponsor TFH will continue with a Toddless Erebus and just sponsor his TA2?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Brazen

Brodie to PremiAir next year is my guess.

I think the most accurate story is Brodie deciding to go to Prem in 2025 and letting Barry know which triggered a temper tantrum that led to the physical altercation that's been rumoured so Brodie was benched by Barry as a get square, brodie calls his bluff and goes fine f you and walks out.

Coke and other sponsors walk in response.

Both parties refuse to talk and the stalemate continued until after AGP.

I'd be very interested to know who offered the olive branch.

Bloopy

I read the physical alteration was about Barry not allowing Will Brown to join in the celebrations in Adelaide for winning the teams championship. Of course, maybe there was more than one...

skaifeman

For anyone not up to date with Pete Adderton's socials, Brodie won't be racing with Boost Mobile sponsorship.
It would seem Erebus have outlined Boost cannot sponsor Brodie personally. Could we take it as a telco coming in as sponsorship for Erebus?

There's more to the story here though, he calls out Brodie and Paul Morris, not just Erebus. He's been put offside by all parties.

...and to further add, Shannen from Erebus has now taken a role within Coca-Cola:
https://speedcafe.com/ex-erebus-md-joins-coca-cola/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

muz

The whole helmet sponsor thing is weird.

This whole situation is super weird.

skaifeman

Quote from: muz on April 09, 2024, 01:55:15 PMThe whole helmet sponsor thing is weird.

This whole situation is super weird.

Definitely. We've seen teams massively explode in the past, but never implode like this.

stevo qld

I don't think that personal sponsorships should conflict with the team sponsorship.

e.g. Would Mostert be able to wear Boost signage and drive an Optus sponsored car?
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: stevo qld on April 10, 2024, 09:54:23 AMI don't think that personal sponsorships should conflict with the team sponsorship.

e.g. Would Mostert be able to wear Boost signage and drive an Optus sponsored car?
I'd expect contracts between teams & drivers would have clauses about that. Including that if a team obtained a new sponsor that clashed with an existing personal sponsor, the team would have to buy out the personal sponsor.

V8fan12

Quote from: stevo qld on April 10, 2024, 09:54:23 AMI don't think that personal sponsorships should conflict with the team sponsorship.

Well 888 made Feeney drop Boost Mobile as a personal sponsor because they are sponsored by Vodafone (which pissed off Adderton it seems) so I guess not.