News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 5 - Darwin Triple Crown

Started by skaifeman, June 19, 2023, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

No spoilers needed :).

Good to be back, let's chat Darwin. Great looking cars, surprise results. Was awesome to see Frosty crack a win!
Parity needs adjusting, even comments that it's aero as well now.

Feeney is starting to seem like a dark horse for the title. There's a bit of Rick Kelly about him, in terms of fast and consistent. SVG, Brown and Kostecki all have their dramas and he just plugs away.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

If ever the question of parity needed to be answered, there it is right there.

2 teams that have never won a race win in Camaros and Frosty who hasn't won since 2017? as well as Jack Le Broq who has only won one race previously.

Middling to back marker teams from last year beating championship winning Ford teams with ease.

Blind Freddy can see there is a problem, regardless of what Supercars secret data says.

First 9 places in race 14 filled by Camaros, something not seen since the days of the A9X torana.

If changes aren't made then this series may very well become a 1 make series.

I don't expect absolute equality as far as podiums, race wins, etc, there is always going to be 1 team/driver/brand that is a standout, but what is happening now is an absolute joke. It is becoming very hard to watch.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Joe5619

Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 12:08:14 PM
2 teams that have never won a race win in Camaros and Frosty who hasn't won since 2017? as well as Jack Le Broq who has only won one race previously.

First up, I HATE this logic for a parity adjusted.. Both teams beat all other Camaros, give credit where it's due for a job well done...

2nd, **** yeah, Frosty won!!

And lastly, I normally stay out of the parity debate as much as possible because I believe 80% of the time is just whinging, but blind Freddy could see a few rounds back we had a problem & something needed to be done.. The fact we didn't have any changes for NT was ridiculous. And now we near the parity mechanism was hit 6-7 races ago.. Heads need to role at Supercars because this is ridiculous!! They have completely pissed of 50% of the fan base & quite possibly destroyed their relationship with Ford..  SO bad on many levels

Trevor

If Supercars are serious about saving the series, then they need to boot Skaife off the board, he is a liability, maybe he owns more shares than is publicly known, why else would you keep him there, his time is done, time for some fresh blood who have their ears to ground better than he does.  And talk about a conflict of interest a board member in a commentary team talking about parity, it is a laughing stock

Trevor

oh yea good to see Frosty and le Broq have a win

now, where were all the Mustangs?

madbugger

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 19, 2023, 12:33:41 PM
Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 12:08:14 PM

First up, I HATE this logic for a parity adjusted.. Both teams beat all other Camaros, give credit where it's due for a job well done...

My point with those two examples is that also ran back of the pack teams that are competing with a Camaro are beating championship winning teams that are using a Mustang. When that is happening it is as plain as day that there is a massive problem with the Mustang.

They nobbled the crap out of the Mustang a few years ago when only 1 driver was dominating, hell even his team mate in an identical car couldn't blow wind up his ass. Not seeing anything like that now that it is a Camaro that is dominating.

I was really looking forward to Camaro coming into the series, I'm finding myself now watching more and more Indy car races, and less and less Supercars. Just waiting to hear the results and watching it back on Kayo if it sounded like a good race. Position 1-9 of the one make of car, regardless of which brand, is not a good thing at all.

Supercars as a brand is going to lose half of its fan base very quickly if they don't sort this out very quickly
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Joe5619

Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 01:54:19 PMMy point with those two examples is that also ran back of the pack teams that are competing with a Camaro are beating championship winning teams that are using a Mustang. When that is happening it is as plain as day that there is a massive problem with the Mustang.

Don't agree is my point.. This is 100% wrong & not the bases for a parity adjustment!!

They beat last years championship winning team & driver with the same car.

And when was the last time these Ford "championship winning teams" won the championship? Tickford last won with the driver you are putting down, WAU was last decade (or was it last century!!), Grove has never & DJR have been the weakest Ford team all year!

Lets be real, if we had parity in NT, the only 2 Fords that would have been able to compete with these "back of the pack" teams in the said 2 races would have be #6 & #17. The other Fords had no chance even with parity they just weren't good enough. And lets not forget #6 went up in flames, which didnt help

But yes, I agree Mustang needs an adjust, just not for the reason you are giving. I'll give full credit to T18 & MSR for beating every Camero & most Mustang on merit.  Weather they could have beaten #6 & #17 is up for debate..

madbugger

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 19, 2023, 02:43:17 PM
Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 01:54:19 PMMy point with those two examples is that also ran back of the pack teams that are competing with a Camaro are beating championship winning teams that are using a Mustang. When that is happening it is as plain as day that there is a massive problem with the Mustang.

Don't agree is my point.. This is 100% wrong & not the bases for a parity adjustment!!

And when was the last time these Ford "championship winning teams" won the championship? Tickford last won with the driver you are putting down, WAU was last decade (or was it last century!!), Grove has never & DJR have been the weakest Ford team all year!

Lets be real, if we had parity in NT, the only 2 Fords that would have been able to compete with these "back of the pack" teams in the said 2 races would have be #6 & #17. The other Fords had no chance even with parity they just weren't good enough. And lets not forget #6 went up in flames, which didnt help

But yes, I agree Mustang needs an adjust, just not for the reason you are giving. I'll give full credit to T18 & MSR for beating every Camero & most Mustang on merit.  Weather they could have beaten #6 & #17 is up for debate..

ok I will use small words and type slowly.

Kim Jones' ol mate out the back could jump in a Camaro and beat the Mustang

comprende?

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on June 19, 2023, 01:11:24 PM

best was on fire at t1 :'(

Cam was in the box seat to slam them all in that first race. Still wouldn't have equalled parity I reckon but was at least proof that when it goes right it goes pretty good.

really is a shame that they don't make it a 50/50 series for the makes
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Joe5619

Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 06:23:04 PM

comprende?
Type as slow & use as small words as you want, you're the one that doesn't comprende.

And for Kim Jones to win, he would still have to beat every other Camaro driver in the same car (that's 2/3rds of the field).. And the team who have dominated the sport for 10-20 years (T888) & the team that is dominating this year (Erebus) using the same car.

To suggest that T18 & MSR only won because they have a Camaro is stupid! This also implys Ford must won every single race, which is also illogical.

AlbertM

Supercars has a conflict of interest.

Supercars, bought the intellectual property for the Camaro to be used in Supercars. Roland Dane as the GM homologation team, brokered the deal. 888 did all the chassis work of Gen 3 based on introducing the Camaro.

Supercars can't let Ford undermine their investment. So they introduce delays to introducing changes, keep data hidden away to prevent any scrutiny of the results of testing.

Some like to say the Ford teams need to do better. The reality is they can only do so much before they hit a wall placed by Supercars. Engines, aero and suspension are all controlled by Supercars. If a solution is found, any changes are delayed for 28 days.

Funny how all this tightening up of the parity process is always detrimental to Ford teams.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on June 19, 2023, 06:35:24 PM
Quote from: Trevor on June 19, 2023, 01:11:24 PM

best was on fire at t1 :'(

Cam was in the box seat to slam them all in that first race. Still wouldn't have equalled parity I reckon but was at least proof that when it goes right it goes pretty good.

really is a shame that they don't make it a 50/50 series for the makes

Cam went out on lap 3 before any pit stops or significant tyre wear. No proof of anything.

As the weekend went on, the cars got dialed in, Camaro's swamped the Mustangs.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on June 19, 2023, 06:38:35 PM
Type as slow & use as small words as you want, you're the one that doesn't comprende.

And for Kim Jones to win, he would still have to beat every other Camaro driver in the same car (that's 2/3rds of the field).. And the team who have dominated the sport for 10-20 years (T888) & the team that is dominating this year (Erebus) using the same car.

To suggest that T18 & MSR only won because they have a Camaro is stupid! This also implys Ford must won every single race, which is also illogical.
That's not what madbugger is suggesting.
Ford Faithful

madbugger

Quote from: madbugger on June 19, 2023, 06:23:04 PM

comprende?

what I do comprende is that I shouldn't argue with an idiot, they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on June 19, 2023, 07:02:31 PM

That's not what madbugger is suggesting.
It's exactly what his saying... He said "because T18 & MSR beat every Mustang on the grid we must have a parity issue".. It's in black & white on my screen in the 2nd post of the topic!

The sad part, I agree we have a parity issue.. The issue is that 8-9 Camaros are beating most Mustang, most races.. Not because 2 teams that are small & haven't done a lot of winning beat every Mustang in one race..

In the drivers championship race, there are 2 Mustangs in front of Jack & 4 Mustangs in front of Frosty! In the teams championship, 3 of the 4 Fords teams are ahead of both T18 & MSR..