News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Upcoming SMP Round - spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, July 22, 2023, 06:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

No spoliers here.  I'll leave that to someone else to start that thread.

What tweaks to the Fords are we to expect from Supercars for the round? 

Anyone in the know?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 22, 2023, 06:42:06 AMNo spoliers here.  I'll leave that to someone else to start that thread.

What tweaks to the Fords are we to expect from Supercars for the round? 

Anyone in the know?

From everything I've read, it looks like they're possibly going to run a smaller throttle body to help with driveability.

djr18fan

Looking forward to this round. Shame the Saturday race clashes with the All Blacks v Wallabies.
But while there's a clear favorite for that game, it's harder to pick a winner for SMP than has been the case in supercar racing for years. Instead of a choice between McLaughlin & SVG. Or SVG and no one - IMHO, either Erebus driver, either T8 driver, either DJR driver, Waters and Mostert all now have equal chances. And there are several.more close behind.

I don't recall it ever being so hard to pick a favorite.

fordman

I just hope they have fixed the parity and the mustangs get to show something

SetonFan

Quote from: djr18fan on July 22, 2023, 06:06:59 PMLooking forward to this round. Shame the Saturday race clashes with the All Blacks v Wallabies.

It also clashes with a potentially decisive 5th Test of the Ashes - not the best weekend to schedule the only night race for the year. At least they avoided the Matildas matches.

djr18fan

Quote from: SetonFan on July 23, 2023, 02:13:50 PM
Quote from: djr18fan on July 22, 2023, 06:06:59 PMLooking forward to this round. Shame the Saturday race clashes with the All Blacks v Wallabies.

It also clashes with a potentially decisive 5th Test of the Ashes - not the best weekend to schedule the only night race for the year. At least they avoided the Matildas matches.
The other sports should be scheduling their matches to avoid a clash.

skaifeman

May as well throw the spoilers tag on this thread, Mike.

I must say, the lights that were on and in the cars back in 2018 made for a better show.

Cam and Barry Ryan fired up (separate incidents).
Shame for Davison and Heimgartner, was really hoping to see what a one stop would yield.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

SetonFan

Agree - the race was shaping up very well until the safety car so it was a shame not to see if Heimgartner could hold on. Overall a good race though and plenty of heat that's for sure

muz

Agreed with the above. Did not need the safety car to make this one more entertaining, it was shaping up nicely!

How good are the Erebus boys going?! Love to see it.

Gotta say with Cam Waters, he was hot under the collar there. Unfortunately for him it was an unsafe release. You can't pull out on a car entering their pit box. Probably half a second earlier and he would have been fine.

Mostert...love it. This guy is racing smart with the tools he has.

madbugger

While I think the penalty for SVG was warranted, I also think that on top of last races decision by the team to unfairly make him hand over a position to Feeney will only hasten his decision to move onto Nascar. If he has another good race at Indianapolis and has teams knocking on his door, this year might be the last we see him in Supercars.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

Looks like Cam had a dummy spit. I didn't see the race, we are in outback Queensland and no TV service

WarrenK

Quote from: muz on July 30, 2023, 02:43:01 AMGotta say with Cam Waters, he was hot under the collar there. Unfortunately for him it was an unsafe release. You can't pull out on a car entering their pit box. Probably half a second earlier and he would have been fine.

It is only an unsafe release is 888 weren't the team releasing their car into traffic.
From a video circulating a few sites today.  From about 1.30 into the video.  No consistency with the stewards, especially when 888 is involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMiSPaFwhQw

muz

That's a good find, indeed precedent from a few years ago supports Waters.

I guess the test now is how evenly the penalty is applied moving forward.

stp01

Quote from: WarrenK on July 30, 2023, 12:39:36 PMIt is only an unsafe release is 888 weren't the team releasing their car into traffic.
From a video circulating a few sites today.  From about 1.30 into the video.  No consistency with the stewards, especially when 888 is involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMiSPaFwhQw

The rules have been re-written since that incident. With the current rules, Whincup would have been penalised.

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on July 29, 2023, 08:23:14 PMMay as well throw the spoilers tag on this thread, Mike.

Yeah, I see that.  I also saw where someone changed the title of the thread.   ;D

I countered by lining out part of the first post.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life