News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 8 - The Bend *Spoilers*

Started by skaifeman, August 19, 2023, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Brodie with the pole and the win.
9 Mustang's in the top 15 and probably had a proper shot at the win had Randle and Mostert not battled for 2nd for so long.

Supercars already showing their inconsistency with Waters tapping SVG around the rear wheel and not needing to redress.
Nonetheless SVG didn't have pace for him.

Waters also unhappy with the team call. "Won't do it again." The next SVG? - it's good to see contrasting the bromance over at Erebus.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Woodzy

I think today was more a case of the Mustang achieving its potential. If they get it right they'll be pushing for podiums but if a Camaro put's it together they'll still be too strong.

The main difference with today's incident was the contact was side to side even though Cam was pretty far back. If SVG didn't turn down on him he would have been on the inside for the next corner anyway.

It was good to see some close racing though between the brands. It's just a shame it's taken this long for the Mustang drivers to have the chance to compete.

mikeamerica84

I still have a hard time following the course and as to where the cars are at times.  There is not much visual aid, other than the fake graphics/billboards.  Those actually HELPED for once.

What a nice spot for Tickford to be in finally.  Two drivers vying for the podium.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Sunday quali looks something like this:
Mustang's v Kostecki.

Tickford have a good car around here, we'll done to Randle to piece it all together.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

SetonFan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 20, 2023, 08:16:19 AMI still have a hard time following the course and as to where the cars are at times.  There is not much visual aid, other than the fake graphics/billboards.  Those actually HELPED for once.

Agree - the circuit needs better camera angles. There are some good corners out the back that are hard to get perspective on.

Sonic

Seems the inconsistency in penalties continues with Giz not getting a drive-thru penalty time added to his race?

I haven't seen the incident as I was driving back from the Island during R3, anyone who has seen it confirm it matches previous PLPs for the same thing?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on August 21, 2023, 08:05:29 AMSeems the inconsistency in penalties continues with Giz not getting a drive-thru penalty time added to his race?

I haven't seen the incident as I was driving back from the Island during R3, anyone who has seen it confirm it matches previous PLPs for the same thing?
I was thinking the same, apparently it's inline with what's been done this year:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/triple-eight-pinged-for-pitstop-infringement/

I'm also confused about the Reynolds penalty... he seemed further up than Waters/SVG the day before? Difference was a car ended in the sand.
The stewards the day before suggested that if any overlap was established you can't turn down.

Trevor

mikeamerica84

Okay.  So LAST round Crompo and the boys were all over who had the fastest lap in each race at SMP.  A two race round.  The rules for the extra five points somehow CHANGED for that "Supersprint", or lack OF Supersprint round.

THIS round, three races and a definite Supersprint round with five extra points given for each race for the fastest lap.  Do you think anyone would mention who garnished these points?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........!

These guys are killing me.  Who cares who won, Trev.  I have my own fish to fry.

Good on for Brodie.  Nice kamikaze imitation by Jack LeBrocq.  As Muz stated in a different thread, Erebus has set the bar low for 2024.

djr18fan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 21, 2023, 10:42:18 AMOkay.  So LAST round Crompo and the boys were all over who had the fastest lap in each race at SMP.  A two race round.  The rules for the extra five points somehow CHANGED for that "Supersprint", or lack OF Supersprint round.

THIS round, three races and a definite Supersprint round with five extra points given for each race for the fastest lap.  Do you think anyone would mention who garnished these points?

These guys are killing me.  Who cares who won, Trev.  I have my own fish to fry.

Good on for Brodie.  Nice kamikaze imitation by Jack LeBrocq.  As Muz stated in a different thread, Erebus has set the bar low for 2024.
I heard the commentators mention who had set the fastest laps and the extra points awarded. Discussed during the 3rd race at least.

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on August 21, 2023, 10:42:18 AMOkay.  So LAST round Crompo and the boys were all over who had the fastest lap in each race at SMP.  A two race round.  The rules for the extra five points somehow CHANGED for that "Supersprint", or lack OF Supersprint round.

Details will be available at natsoft website Mike. Will try to get that info for you tonight.

Sonic

Okay... if I have read this correctly Natsoft says...

R20 James Courtney with a 1:51.7349 (which was also lap record)
R21 Brodie Kostecki with a 1:52.1069
R22 Cameron Waters with a 1:52.3477

Hope that helps Mike!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on August 21, 2023, 06:57:23 PMOkay... if I have read this correctly Natsoft says...

R20 James Courtney with a 1:51.7349 (which was also lap record)
R21 Brodie Kostecki with a 1:52.1069
R22 Cameron Waters with a 1:52.3477

Hope that helps Mike!
Yeah, I see that, Sonic.  It just tweaks me that they were so on it at SMP - over and over again.  This round,  djr18 noted that they mentioned it, but I never heard it.

What a round for Kostecki and Randle, eh?

skaifeman

I'm with DJR18, I did hear them bring it up in regards to Kostecki.
They should have a similar fastest lap marker on the totem per F1.

Roland is also critical of the commentary:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/08/23/rolands-view-my-blueprint-for-maximising-gen3-supercars/

We honestly need Ingall back, someone who isn't a part of the love-fest. Where's Marcos gone?
Skaife's tech knowledge and driver insight is second to none and welcome, but his general 'calling' the race is overworded and uninspiring.

muz

I see the point of suggesting Ingall, but this guy goes too far the other way for me.

He is always overtly negative to the establishment, he is actively seeking love and support from jaded fans who like it better how it used to be, or who think the grass is greener somewhere else.

He isn't objective, he is just hard the other way and revels in rebellion and outrage. That is equally not good for the sport, just like the love fest is not.

Ingall, what a character driving, but he is a divider, not a uniter.