News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 9 - Sandown 500 *Spoilers*

Started by skaifeman, September 07, 2023, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

SVG has walled it in their pre-enduro test.

Loose line fitting on the caliper the reason: https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/05/dutton-outlines-cause-of-van-gisbergen-crash/

Fixed at the track and Stanaway got some laps in at the end.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Bloopy

A setback for SVG is often good motivation for him to bounce back and win things. ;)

Sonic

Reports varied on the day as to how bad it was. From reports it was a brake issue that took him to the fence.

Initial stories said that was it for the day but then I read he was back out later so media doing its thing perhaps there putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 14.

Interesting news today that there is no longer a minimum amount of stops for Sandown (and Bathurst)

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/07/no-compulsory-pit-stops-for-sandown-500-bathurst-1000/
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

SetonFan

Great decision to get rid of the minimum stops - hopefully will see some interesting strategy variation and looking forward to the longer stints with the new fuel/tanks.

mikeamerica84

Had to do a quick double-take.  I thought we might have been racing THIS weekend.

You gave me the grabber, skaifeman!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 08, 2023, 11:13:25 AMHad to do a quick double-take.  I thought we might have been racing THIS weekend.

there is racing this weekend at Sandown Mike but it is the Shannons Series. sadly lacking in entries :'(

weather today was bad. rained most of the morning and the wind never really let up all day. took me ages to warm up.

long range forecast gives us mid 20s next weekend all 3 days (mid 70s F)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on September 08, 2023, 08:56:17 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 08, 2023, 11:13:25 AMHad to do a quick double-take.  I thought we might have been racing THIS weekend.

there is racing this weekend at Sandown Mike but it is the Shannons Series. sadly lacking in entries :'(

weather today was bad. rained most of the morning and the wind never really let up all day. took me ages to warm up.

Yeah, I had it marked on my calendar.  I'll watch TCR.  Seems like last time you were at Sandown you got soaked, too.

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 08, 2023, 10:58:54 PM
Quote from: Sonic on September 08, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Yeah, I had it marked on my calendar.  I'll watch TCR.  Seems like last time you were at Sandown you got soaked, too.

if you have anything else to do... like maybe grow your nails? that could be a better use of your time for this weekend's action sadly. there have been a few good battles in some of the categories but so far it has been sadly lacking due to the numbers (and there have been retirements too due to contact etc which hasn't helped any)

Sonic

nothing but blue skies in Melbourne this morning (I work about 15 mins from Sandown)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on September 15, 2023, 08:51:20 AMnothing but blue skies in Melbourne this morning (I work about 15 mins from Sandown)
When you are not working AT Sandown!  We'll look for you, Sonic!

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 15, 2023, 09:01:49 AM
Quote from: Sonic on September 15, 2023, 08:51:20 AMnothing but blue skies in Melbourne this morning (I work about 15 mins from Sandown)
When you are not working AT Sandown!  We'll look for you, Sonic!

You won't spy me this weekend Mike. I was not given accreditation so I am working at Winton instead. Truck racing!!

Bloopy

Qualifying sets up a fun Sunday for the #97 & #25 who'll need to pass a lot of cars. Almost as if Shane's brain was already elsewhere.

Sonic

did anything interesting happen in any of the categories today? monster day at Winton so I haven't seen/heard anything

Troy01505

Wonder if the Ford's can convert thier one lap pace to consistent pace

Sonic

Quote from: Troy01505 on September 16, 2023, 09:16:25 PMWonder if the Ford's can convert thier one lap pace to consistent pace

hope so.

just watched the shootout replay. cool to see the Erebus front row. always got a soft spot for Betty and glad to see the team doing well.

hopefully the Fords are on the money tomorrow, last thing the show needs now is a Camaro lockout.

may the best team win!