News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Ford IN for one more year

Started by skaifeman, September 20, 2023, 09:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/19/exclusive-ford-commits-amid-parity-turmoil/

Contrary to many readings in the Speedcafe and Facebook comments, Ford will stick around for at least another year. Good.

Supercars need to sort their stuff out, and keep them beyond this.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Supercars is a small organisation.

FORD is a large organisation.
 If they are really serious about fixing parity, they could use their resources to provide Supercars with a proper shopping list of potential fixes.

Also, FORD could easily fly a Mustang and a Camaro to the USA or Europe for wind tunnel testing. I am sure 888 would lend them a spare car in the off season.  They could then add results to the shopping list to Supercars.,
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

meha

Quote from: stevo qld on September 20, 2023, 12:07:05 PMAlso, FORD could easily fly a Mustang and a Camaro to the USA or Europe for wind tunnel testing. I am sure 888 would lend them a spare car in the off season.  They could then add results to the shopping list to Supercars.,

Cannot see 888 lending a car when they have an advantage. There is no benefit to helping your competitors

stevo qld

Quote from: meha on September 20, 2023, 12:26:53 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on September 20, 2023, 12:07:05 PMAlso, FORD could easily fly a Mustang and a Camaro to the USA or Europe for wind tunnel testing. I am sure 888 would lend them a spare car in the off season.  They could then add results to the shopping list to Supercars.,

Cannot see 888 lending a car when they have an advantage. There is no benefit to helping your competitors

Well, if 888 doesn't, Supercars have Camaro they can lend them.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

I take it as a warning shot, subtle one, fix it for 2024 or ...............

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on September 20, 2023, 12:07:05 PMSupercars is a small organisation.

If they are really serious about fixing parity, they could use their resources to provide Supercars with a proper shopping list of potential fixes.

Also, FORD could easily fly a Mustang and a Camaro to the USA or Europe for wind tunnel testing. I am sure 888 would lend them a spare car in the off season.  They could then add results to the shopping list to Supercars.,

Except. It is Supercars call to make changes. Ford could bring all resources to bear, however Supercars has the final say.

For example, word is that Ford have had a new front ready to use to even up their aero balance for some time. Supercar has obviously refused to approve it.
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

There's certainly a lot of "word is" from Ford fans this year  :(

I can't remember a year of so much sulking since maybe 2009 (pink Hogs logo replacing the Blue Oval and announcement of T8 going to Holden)
debris debris debris

AlbertM

2009 is pretty good. We only have to go back to 2019 for the Bowtie babies biggest whinge.

Word is Whincup had lost his ****  that Ford will get this new front for Bathurst.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on September 20, 2023, 05:20:01 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on September 20, 2023, 12:07:05 PMSupercars is a small organisation.

Except. It is Supercars call to make changes. Ford could bring all resources to bear, however Supercars has the final say.

For example, word is that Ford have had a new front ready to use to even up their aero balance for some time. Supercar has obviously refused to approve it.
I have seen no reports of a new front end being tested. Therefore it's obvious it hasn't been. Or just as obvious it doesn't exist.

skaifeman

Quote from: djr18fan on September 21, 2023, 04:35:41 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on September 20, 2023, 05:20:01 PM

I have seen no reports of a new front end being tested. Therefore it's obvious it hasn't been. Or just as obvious it doesn't exist.

Not to undo you, but Albert's loose 'word' is correct:
https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/ford-lobbying-bathurst-aero-change/10520846/

And would we really expect Whincup to say anything else? They've done everything right and asked of them, Supercars are the ones who have mishandled this from the get-go. Especially on the eve of the big one.

Supercars now sit on an extremely fine line of needing to get it right before Bathurst. Too far one way and it'll be chaos, do nothing, chaos.

If they are to make any changes, I dare say it'll have to be an open test with all parties - DJR, 888, Supercars - overseeing it?
If it doesn't affect whatever Supercars zone of measureables are, how are Supercars to say no?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

djr18fan

Interesting.
Would trialing of different aero bits have to be done with supercars approval? It would amount to testing non-homologated parts which may Oor may not he allowed. I don't know.
If tested without supercars involvement then couldn't be approved for use surely? 
I wouldn't be happy if Triple 8 asked supercars to approve the use of a part based on T8's own claimed test results.

But if tested under supercars supervision, then perhaps there was no gain, or too much of a gain. Who knows.

Open tests and data freely available to all would be better.

skaifeman

It does set a dangerous possibility though.
Ford could come out and have an aero kit, specifically, for Bathurst.

Do they want to be quick in a straight line or across the top - they now decide.
Obviously it has to be within the parity window, but they can edge wherever they want with one goal - Bathurst.

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on September 21, 2023, 11:09:23 AMbut not Tim Edwards...

The ticktack between himself and the media has been laughable now this has come out.
They must've caught him at the wrong time.