News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2023 Boost Mobile Gold Coast - discussion & spoilers

Started by Trevor, October 24, 2023, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Good god, I can't farken stand listening to Skaife dribble so much 888 stuff and giving Feeney a verbal reach-around. Makes me wunna puke

Westfield

Lucky the parity is working. Top ten shows no brand has an advantage.

Alan59

Quote from: Trevor on October 28, 2023, 12:30:50 PMGood god, I can't farken stand listening to Skaife dribble so much 888 stuff and giving Feeney a verbal reach-around. Makes me wunna puke
I will resume watching Supercars on TV when he is no longer in the commentary team.That probably means never.
At least at the track when they put the TV commentary on the PA the cars tend to drown him out.

Woodzy

The lack of straight line speed is going to hurt the Mustang's in this race.

LG

Well we're on the second last meeting of the year and a Mustang has finally won a race properly.
Wonders will never cease...   ;D

SetonFan

Excellent race - very pleased that Waters held on

v8man11

Quote from: Trevor on October 28, 2023, 12:30:50 PMGood god, I can't farken stand listening to Skaife dribble so much 888 stuff and giving Feeney a verbal reach-around. Makes me wunna puke
Yes, it was sickening to listen to him cheer Cam on to hang on and win the race today ;D

Sonic

from the lack of discussion I guess it was a pretty boring day (except for the Fordies getting a win)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

Quote from: LG on October 28, 2023, 06:53:52 PMWell we're on the second last meeting of the year and a Mustang has finally won a race properly.
it will be nobbled before the last race, don't stress

Trevor

Quote from: v8man11 on October 28, 2023, 09:42:41 PMYes, it was sickening to listen to him cheer Cam on to hang on and win the race today ;D
if you look at the timing of my comments, they were before the race started - apologies accepted when you are ready

murph_fan51

While we didn't hear Skaife say "it's on for young and old" we did hear Crompo say "he's that close he can read the part number"  ::)

And Cam didn't sulk for a change   8)
debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

I wish they could resolve the first chicane on the initial start of the race.  Start them somewhere else on the track, like a standing start AFTER the first chicane complex.

Not boring at all, Sonic mate.  There was some good strategy and at the end, if might quote out favorite commentator, it was on for young and old.  ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

It did become very obvious that Skaife is not even across the race sup regs.

He rattled on about a gentleman's agreement that the foremost car at 100 metres before one of the chicanes gets the lead into the chicane.

After a number of Skaifes repeat comments, Crompton corrected him pointing out that it is actually the 150 metre mark and it is enforced and verified by track sensors.

Maybe some of the drivers should also read the Driver's Notes.

But it is hard to judge 150 metres when zapping along at over 200 kmh.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Quote from: Trevor on October 29, 2023, 04:31:34 AM
Quote from: LG on October 28, 2023, 06:53:52 PMWell we're on the second last meeting of the year and a Mustang has finally won a race properly.
it will be nobbled before the last race, don't stress
Can't happen, won't have triggered the parity review, don't stress

These drivers are professional race drivers, they know well who is in the lead at the 150m mark.
debris debris debris