News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

One Hand on the Trophy

Started by skaifeman, November 07, 2023, 09:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on November 21, 2023, 09:06:08 AMSVG looked like a bull who saw red around Adelaide last year - to his own detriment.
Well, if history holds true, with my V8 Central Fantasy League team roster moves, Chaz and Broc will dominate, skaifeman.

You called it! 
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on November 20, 2023, 10:22:29 AM
Quote from: muz on November 19, 2023, 07:12:33 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on November 19, 2023, 02:11:16 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on November 14, 2023, 04:13:53 PMI reckon they'll fade as the cream rises into the Gen3 regs.

With one sentence, you've proven my point.

Isn't your point that SVG has been stronger than Brodie this year, and that Brodie has been more akin to Ingall and Rick Kelly in how they won championships?

:)

Moving goal posts.

Not at all. I didn't compare Brodie to Ingall or Kelly. I compare this years championship win to '06. The system failed with the points in 2006, just like it failed this year with parity.  :P  8)

And I still maintain SVG has been that bit stronger this year than Brodie. So the posts are right where they need to be.  Try again sunshine.  :)
Ford Faithful

muz

Subjectively you are absolutely correct Albert!

murph_fan51

Only 4 times in history has the (my wording is poor) chaser who is 2nd coming into the final weekend beaten the driver that was leading, out of 55 championships I think it was. Listen to the V8 Sleuth podcast. SVG has the odds against him based on history.
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Quote from: muz on November 22, 2023, 04:13:11 PMSubjectively you are absolutely correct Albert!

LOL! Saying SVG would be leading the championship if not for the R1 DSQ is not subjective. The race was run and won.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Nice of Barry in an interview to give credit to the commentary team, including Skaife, for supporting & encouraging erebus through the year. 

Troy01505

Well done to Erebus, massive gamble on 2 barely experienced young guys with potential. They mentored and coached them with patience perfectly and it paid off very quickly.

Kytabu

Quote from: AlbertM on November 26, 2023, 11:26:53 AMhttps://www.speedcafe.com/2023/11/26/erebus-motorsport-championship-next-goal-win-by-150-points/

Barry has the same concerns that I do.
They should want to win by 168 points as Brodie would have been 18 points worse off (5th instead of 3rd in Race 1) in addition to SVG having an extra 150.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

AlbertM

323 points clear, Brodie and Erebus has thumped SVG and 888 in the end.  The cruel twist is Brodies final score, 2,888.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on November 26, 2023, 06:39:15 PM323 points clear, Brodie and Erebus has thumped SVG and 888 in the end.  The cruel twist is Brodies final score, 2,888.

HAHA!!! So 888 got up there anyway :P

How good was the vision of Betty :)

And Brodie ALMOST taking out the trophy during his burnout too
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

If in the real world, an organization (promoter) of a competition advertises a prize, in actuality or by long standing tradition, then the winner can reasonably expect to win that prize.

But that is in the real world. In the world of Supercars, in a very short time before the conclusion of the competition, they can simply remove the prize that the winner has worked so hard for all year.

Betty's Erebus won the teams championship, but stiff ****, Supercars say that the yearlong number one pit position, so enthusiastically prize by previous winners, is reneged upon.

Betty Klimenko and team very rightly have a good reason to be pissed off with Supercar management (or should that be mismanagement). >:(
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

muz

Kind of a strange thing at the end. Kostecki did his burnouts, parked next to the trophy and was about to have a highly emotional and exciting moment grabbing the trophy in front of the crowd...

...and then Supercars got involved because it wasn't how they wanted him to celebrate. Lost a very cool moment there.

Anyway. Two hands on the trophy now, and he got to make the most of that moment when they let him celebrate when they wanted.

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on November 26, 2023, 11:19:09 PMIf in the real world, an organization (promoter) of a competition advertises a prize, in actuality or by long standing tradition, then the winner can reasonably expect to win that prize.

But that is in the real world. In the world of Supercars, in a very short time before the conclusion of the competition, they can simply remove the prize that the winner has worked so hard for all year.

Betty's Erebus won the teams championship, but stiff ****, Supercars say that the yearlong number one pit position, so enthusiastically prize by previous winners, is reneged upon.

Betty Klimenko and team very rightly have a good reason to be pissed off with Supercar management (or should that be mismanagement). >:(

Is this about the live pit lane order next year? Only ask because Barry was all for it earlier this year.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Quote from: AlbertM on November 26, 2023, 06:39:15 PM323 points clear, Brodie and Erebus has thumped SVG and 888 in the end.  The cruel twist is Brodies final score, 2,888.

Would you say... on merit? 8)
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977