News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2024 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, January 18, 2024, 08:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArrow

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 28, 2024, 04:51:06 AM
Quote from: TheArrow on February 27, 2024, 08:15:41 PMOh man... Another long season...
Always the optimist you are!

Cam had a terrible weekend, so did Will Davo and Andre.  Plenty of time to stir the mix up and get back in it.
Haha look if I start the season as a pessimist, when the team performs better it exceeds my expectations.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

mikeamerica84

Quote from: TheArrow on February 28, 2024, 10:05:34 AMHaha look if I start the season as a pessimist, when the team performs better it exceeds my expectations.
Well, you know what they say, Arrow - The sooner you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up.   :)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Getting back together here for the AGP Round and the first round of the V8CFL Tournament, the only appetizer I can bring to the table is there will be five bonus points awarded for the fastest lap in each of the four sprint races.

mikeamerica84

AGP Results are posted.  A plethora of races and points, but overall, TGI Racing is stretching their lead.

Round 1 Podium:
1 Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry
2 TGI Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro
3 Bundaberg Rum Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro

Round 2 Podium:
1 Bundaberg Rum Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro
2 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3 Ecurie SCarGo / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro

Round 3 Podium:
1 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2 R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
3 TGI Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro

Round 4 Podium
1 TGI Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro
2 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT
3 Kalyara Racing Team / Kytabu / Ford Focus ST

Next up is Taupo and over to New Zealand.  A few weeks off.

skaifeman

Am I right in reading the rules that the changing of rosters is loosened up a little this year?
We can make 4 changes Groups A-D, and all 4 changes can be within the same group should one want to?
And we can make multiple changes between weekends, last year was limited to one?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on March 25, 2024, 11:33:24 AMAm I right in reading the rules that the changing of rosters is loosened up a little this year?
We can make 4 changes Groups A-D, and all 4 changes can be within the same group should one want to?
And we can make multiple changes between weekends, last year was limited to one?
You are allowed four changes total for Groups A-D.  Any combination of group changes is allowed.  Four total.
Yes, I loosened up the change requirements this year.  Multiple changes per weekend are allowed.  No limit.

Helix

i need to make some changes, the top is ok the bottom is dire lol

TheArrow

I've heard on the grape vine that there will be some major changes to The Arrow Motorsport prior to the Taupō race coming up...

mikeamerica84

Quote from: TheArrow on April 03, 2024, 03:42:05 PMI've heard on the grape vine that there will be some major changes to The Arrow Motorsport prior to the Taupō race coming up...

Not that I am directing you in one way or another, Arrow, but I made a couple of changes prior to the next round and discovered that with only ten members this season, it is quite easy to make changes and then realize that you have an identical team as someone else, with the exception of the tie-breaking group.

Just a heads up for you and all the rest.

Troy01505

Quote from: Helix on February 22, 2024, 05:00:01 PMi was sooooooooo close to changing brands also im prob about 2/3rds complete of a dodge hellcat supercar, i was going to bring dodge into the fray but then i found a great image of the dark horse mustang and i said yeah im a ford guy lol

The current Mustang is one of the best looking Ford's since it became the V8 only series. I still love the AUs and have many in my 1:18 collection

skaifeman

The fantasy league seems to be the only forum moving!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Well, it is the down time between races.  I'll take that as a compliment, though.   ;D

Full eclipse tomorrow here in the Midwest!  We'll be drinking beers and looking upwards at 1500 hours local time.  And yes..... we will have those 3D looking glasses.

Amazing that we are on different sides of the Earth but still see the same Moon and Sun at different times.  You guys are in the southern hemisphere of the globe.  Upside down.  When I was a little guy I was always wondering how you do not fall off. :D

mikeamerica84

I do have to add that TheArrow not only has some cool liveries, but his place of taking the pictures of them is second to none.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on April 08, 2024, 10:15:47 AMThe fantasy league seems to be the only forum moving!
Well, skaifeman, we spoke too soon!  With the recent announcement that Brodie Kostecki is returning to his seat at Erebus, the switchboards have been lighting up on the forum!

Announcement to all:  The V8CFL rules state that you choose the car - whoever is driving it at that time.  Car 99 is now Car 1.  Same team, different driver, different number.  I have amended the car selection thread to reflect this.  Car 1 will remain in Group B with whoever is driving it.  Car 99 is off the selection thread. 

The only odd thing about this is that no one had Car 99 (Hazelwood) on their roster.  So to get Brodie Kostecki on your roster you have to make a change in Group B. 

mikeamerica84

There are about 24 hours left for roster changes prior to the NZ round.  As of right now we have six teams making 12 roster changes.  That has to be a record for one round.

Format for this round is two 60 lap races with qually and Top Ten Shootouts for both.

For everyone making changes this round, please double check me for accuracy on the Approved Teams thread.