News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2024 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, January 18, 2024, 08:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

The window for changes prior to the New Zealand round has closed, men.  All rosters are now locked in.  We have had seven teams making roster changes:

Ain't Care Motorsports
Shogun Autosport
Bundaberg Rum Racing
R&K Motorsports
The Arrow Motorsport
Super Seven Racing Aotearoa
Kalyara Racing Team

Good luck to all.  I will see you on the other side of the checkers.

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Helix

hahaha that's bloody typical, i get rid of Andre from my team and he wins lol, all my other drivers were in incidents all over the place, ill be lucky if i get 100 points lol

mikeamerica84

Taupo done.  However, I am still awaiting a Stewards Summary from Race 2. 

As for Race 1, all should heed this:  Both the 87 car and the 25 car received 30 point team penalties post Race 1 for pit lane/wheel changing infringements - lost center nut (87 car) and wheel loss (25 car).  These penalties will be recognized by the V8CFL per our rules.

Once the Race 2 Stewards Summary is published we will proceed with the points tally.

https://www.camsjac.com/images/VSC/2024/Race7.pdf

mikeamerica84

Okay, boys.  The Taupo Results are posted.  A HUGE shakeup in the table.  TGI Racing and The Professor still lead but everything below them, including the gap to first, has been scrambled after this round.

In Race 1 (Race 7 for the Supercars) the 87 Car and the 25 Car were both penalised post race 30 team points.  The former for a loose wheel nut in pit lane and the latter for losing the wheel during the race on course.  Team point penalties are recognised by the V8CFL and therefore noted in the points tally for the aforementioned cars.

As for the Stewards Summary, everything else seems to have been dealt with in the races - time penalties.  HOWEVER, I cannot find a Stewards Summary for Race 2 (Race 8 for the Supercars).  The current Stewards Summary has not been updated with Race 2 (Race 8 for the Supercars).  So the results are tentative.  They might change.  I will keep my ear to the ground for the update if and when it comes.  Kye?  Any help here?

Race 1 Podium:
1 Ecurie SCarGo / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro
2 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Chevrolet Camaro
3 TAA Performance / Jetpac013 / Ford Mustang V6 TT

Race 2 Podium:
1 Bundaberg Rum Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro
2 Ecurie SCarGo / stevo qld / Chevrolet Camaro
3 Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX

As for The V8CFL Tournament, all have raced two races.  If you notice the tables in each division I have included the tiebreakers for all W-L records.  The tiebreakers themselves are noted at the bottom of the first post of the thread.  So from here on out I will keep all abreast of the actual placements within our two divisions.

Next up, WA.

Helix

MAN!!! i got absolutely flogged lol, well hopefully that's all my bad luck for the year in one race.

mikeamerica84

Well, let's see..... a lot of us picked up Percat (thanks, skaifeman).  He tanked this weekend.  At the expense of picking him up, most dropped Golding.  He had his best round,

Then comes Andre who was tossed for Brodie and Payne (myself).  Andre won Race 1.

David Reynolds was also a hot pickup prior to the round.  He wound up being a pinball and had an absolutely dismal NZ weekend.

So the moral of the story is, if all of us in the V8CFL got together and decided who to pickup and drop each round, we could actually determine the 2024 Supercars Champion.  Just go against what we picked and success will be had.

Inverse karma and the jinx.  Absolutely amazing how it works.

Helix

this was such a random weekend, all the usual suspects will get back tho. Gee those 888 cars dodge your voodoo tho Mike lol

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Helix on April 23, 2024, 08:38:39 PMGee those 888 cars dodge your voodoo tho Mike lol
Just another example of them being in a class of their own.  Maybe it is time to address success ballast?

mikeamerica84

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on April 23, 2024, 01:25:26 AMAs for the Stewards Summary, everything else seems to have been dealt with in the races - time penalties.  HOWEVER, I cannot find a Stewards Summary for Race 2 (Race 8 for the Supercars).  The current Stewards Summary has not been updated with Race 2 (Race 8 for the Supercars).  So the results are tentative.  They might change.  I will keep my ear to the ground for the update if and when it comes.
Stewards Summary has been updated.  The V8CFL points/results are official with no changes.  There were no penalties levied in Race 2 other than the time penalties issued during the race itself.  Nothing post race.

https://www.camsjac.com/images/VSC/2024/Race7.pdf

Thank you for your patience.  I can now relax and fire up my BBQ grill.  :)