News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Thrifty Bathurst 500 -may contain spoilers

Started by Trevor, February 20, 2024, 05:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Anyone going or is anyone watching from home

I gotta say doing the 12 Hour then staying the week for the 500 is attractive, but I am retired  :D

Trevor

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on February 21, 2024, 05:14:47 PMPeople must be excited

totally...

I was at VicState this weekend just gone so didn't even get to see any of B12 but if I could get up for only 1 weekend it would have been B12 over the crumbs this weekend....

oh, and if I had 2 weeks off and able to stay for both meetings I'd still only go for B12 and then do something else

if time permits I might watch some of the coming weekend on tv
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Saw WAU's and Team 18's transporters go through town yesterday. Gave a little boost to the excitement.
Ford Faithful

Bloopy

Excited enough to watch at some point and see who'll be the king out of all these young drivers. Still not excited enough to try and schedule my life around the sport and watch live any more though.

mikeamerica84

I actually watched the whole 12 hours.  Gotta love the internet, eh?

Looking forward to watch the Supercars, with one eye on the parody issue.  The other eye is looking ahead to see if it will have to be tweaked again and if so, when.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

madbugger

I have a weekend full of mowing lawns, cutting / splitting / stacking firewood and other essential activities. Superfarce is very low on the list of priorities. May duck in here to get an update Sunday night.

IF its the same sh1tshow that last year was I won't bother to log into Kayo to watch any of it.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

muz

I'll be watching. Eager to see who is fast with the last 4 champions out of the sport, DJR without Ludo, Mostert without DeBorre.

Could be a good shake up.

TheArrow

Penrite/Groves are the only team who's two drivers won their last Supercars race starts.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

djr18fan

Certainly will be watching all sessions. Keen to see how the championship winning team go with 2 new drivers. No reason their new cars won't be fast. Same engineers. Money shouldn't be an issue.
Plenty of other teams with new drivers. Nulon racing on the up perhaps. Fords the equal of the Chevs in theory. 
And the opening round is on the Bathurst street circuit. Live and ad free on Sky Now.

skaifeman

Coverage starts tomorrow and it'll be on.
Apparently we're in for some weather!

You're there Albert?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

I'm an hour away, on the highway that leads to Bathurst for the Southern teams.
Ford Faithful

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on February 22, 2024, 04:15:14 PMCoverage starts tomorrow and it'll be on.
Apparently we're in for some weather!
I was actually hoping for clear skies and a fast track all weekend long - just to see how the parody is going to play out.  A wet track will throw everything off when trying to compare, but it will be what it will be.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

I tell ya, the idea of attending the 12 Hour then staying over for the 500 is appealing

skaifeman

The mountain has bit a few this morning.
Mason Kelly in the Super2, Andrew Fisher in TCM, Ryal Harris in the SuperUte.

Stanaway has now met the wall.

Raining for Practice 2.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977