News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Two on Three Ain't Bad (cite REM)

Started by skaifeman, February 22, 2024, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Some older V8 Central residents would remember back in 2010 or so, REM started a topic on the chances of the Blue sides Championship.
Back then it was Frosty and Courtney (2) against Whincup, Lowndes and either Tander/Davo (3).
...we all know how that ended :).

It was shaping up to be a similar year this year, with Kostecki, Brown and Feeney against Chaz and Waters.
Seems to be 2 on 2 now, with Kostecki an early out. I wouldn't count on him a round (at least) down.
I'd even go as far to say, that it may still be 2 on 3, with AdP potentially joining the list.

Assuming (...yeah) that we're all even, I think Chaz and Waters are serious contenders. Waters particularly had a hot finish to the year. He'd be my favourite, being a betting man.
Brown still feels a little mistake prone. They do say it's better to be fast and figure out the crashes, than slow and straight.
Feeney is about a year away I think. He'll be taking wins for sure though.

AdP as a smokey. There's no argument that DJR have been on a slide since Penske left, but they do have the pieces and the driver. Davo just lacks that X-factor.

Heimgartner will lead BJR, but it'll be hot and cold. Maybe a win?

Grove's? Payne was seriously fast and was probably the form driver for the back half of the year. The Bend onwards certainly opened some eyes. Stanaway a big unknown.

So who have we got as our favourites?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

I'll echo your picks. I'll add Reynolds with Team 18 to jag a podium or two. I wish he stayed at Grove.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

I predict race lap speeds will be so close this year that the championship will be decided by qualifying well throughout the year.
So Waters, Feeney, Brown, Stanaway, Mostert, Payne, Anton, Davison, Le Broc, in that order.
Stanaway jumps a few places due to assumption of wet weather at a couple of rounds. Mostert a little higher for the same reason. I hope the DJR lads do better than I predict but they need to improve a lot on last year & be consistent all season  and I'm not confident of that.
Co drivers at the enduros could have an impact though and I haven't factored that in.

mikeamerica84

I think you all are on the right track with who will be at the pointy end this year.  The only exception is I would soft pedal on Reynolds and Team 18 (sorry Albert).  I mean, it was not like Scott Pye set the world on fire last year and now the Camaros should be reeled in a bit more.  But we'll see.

My eye will be on DJR.  If they can hit the setups like in years' past, this could put two more horses in the race.  Don't count Will Davison out just yet.

I also want to see what Jaxon Evans can accomplish for BJR.  He is a good wheelman.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

AlbertM

Reynolds doing alright. My mistake was thinking the Fords were going to have a chance.
Ford Faithful

Yamarocket630

Im gunna take the safe bet and say Macca will be P-nowhere all year.