News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

MSS Security Melbourne SuperSprint - may contain spoilers

Started by Trevor, March 18, 2024, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ospif1

Two perfect opportunities for Ford wins and once again they ruin it for themselves and their fans.

Zel

I am puzzled by the 5sec, 15sec, and 30sec penalties. Chaz hits Payne and gets 5s. Fullwood hits Payne, who drops to near the rear and gets 5s penalty. Wood hits Hill (yes he ends in the kitty litter) but he gets 30s penalty. If I recall yesterday, someone punted another driver and receives a 15s penalty.

muz

Ryan Wood is pretty loose. I think he has had damage or been in incidents in all 6 races this year?

Kinda feels like WAU wanted to find the next Feeney or Payne and got a 70% finished product.

Percat was great today. He must be very relieved to be out of WAU.

And Ford drivers...couldn't win a race if every Chev retired.

Brazen

Ryan Wood has the talent but it's definitely still being corrupted by lack of maturity

Bloopy

Quote from: Zel on March 24, 2024, 12:59:57 PMIf I recall yesterday, someone punted another driver and receives a 15s penalty.
That was Randle on Hill in Friday's race. A lockup at the same corner as Chaz on Payne, except that unlike Chaz, Randle effectively lost no positions (while Hill spun and lost more than Payne did). Given Fullwood's penalty, it's almost as if tapping a corner of a car (ie. not quite avoiding) was treated differently to hitting a car square in the middle of the bumper as Randle did.

Trevor

Saturday
1. Chev
2. Chev
3. Ford

Sunday
1. Chev
2. Chev
3. Chev

muz

And both days could have been:

1. Ford
2. Ford
3. Chev

Hard to say it's a write off when there has been a tonne of driver error.

Joe5619

Quote from: Trevor on March 25, 2024, 05:43:26 AMSaturday
1. Chev
2. Chev
3. Ford

Sunday
1. Chev
2. Chev
3. Chev

Clearly didn't watch the race!!!!!!

fordman

Only watched what FTA channel 10 showed  :(

Racing very tight, one little error by any driver cost them place. Qually was everything.
Parity was hard to pick as it appeared very close and driver errors prevented any parity issues being obvious, but to me I think Ford are closer than 2023. 

Trevor

Quote from: fordman on March 25, 2024, 12:48:22 PMOnly watched what FTA channel 10 showed  :(

Racing very tight, one little error by any driver cost them place. Qually was everything.
Parity was hard to pick as it appeared very close and driver errors prevented any parity issues being obvious, but to me I think Ford are closer than 2023. 

I couldn't be bothered trying to work out what Ch 10 was showing, every time I turned it on there were a panel of heads talking, so I found other things to do

I need to confess that most open wheelers bore the shyte out of me, as do pissant support categories, you know the ones they put in just as fillers, the ones where people turn their backs to talk about something else, go for a piss or go and get something to eat

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on March 25, 2024, 01:05:16 PM
Quote from: fordman on March 25, 2024, 12:48:22 PMOnly watched what FTA channel 10 showed  :(

I couldn't be bothered trying to work out what Ch 10 was showing, every time I turned it on there were a panel of heads talking, so I found other things to do

I need to confess that most open wheelers bore the shyte out of me, as do pissant support categories, you know the ones they put in just as fillers, the ones where people turn their backs to talk about something else, go for a piss or go and get something to eat

yeah got sck f hearing the same story over and over, coverage was ordinary when nothing on track

stevo qld

I record and fast forward over the talking heads and repeats of repeats of repeats of interviews.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

really was disappointing as far as the blues go... sadly nobody to blame but their own friendly (or unfriendly) fire that took them out of contention.

the Chevs may have taken the bikkies home but it really was Fords doing that made it happen that way
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Don't forget to vote in the EXCELLENVCE AWARDS, guys.  Not much else going on right now post AGP.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life