News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

MSS Security Melbourne SuperSprint - may contain spoilers

Started by Trevor, March 18, 2024, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

so, which Chev is gonna win this weekend, does anyone care?

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on March 18, 2024, 05:02:54 PMso, which Chev is gonna win this weekend, does anyone care?

just love for a blue oval to win for the hell of it so we can come back to this post on Monday... :P

but no, don't particularly care. might watch some of it. apparently there is an F1 race there also (which I also have little interest in... crazy for someone who goes to so many motorsport events!)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

I did see where they are giving five bonus points for the fastest lap in each race.  Very important for the V8CFL.   ;)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

Quote from: Sonic on March 18, 2024, 05:20:17 PMjust love for a blue oval to win for the hell of it so we can come back to this post on Monday... :P

but no, don't particularly care. might watch some of it. apparently there is an F1 race there also (which I also have little interest in... crazy for someone who goes to so many motorsport events!)

My motorsport theory Phil, 'if has no mudguards or has less than 4 wheels, I ain't watching it'  ;D  ;D  ;D

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 19, 2024, 01:36:23 AMI did see where they are giving five bonus points for the fastest lap in each race.  Very important for the V8CFL.   ;)
not sure how that will make a Ford win, or even attract more interest from the waning population. Supercars has lost the plot

LG

Quote from: Trevor on March 19, 2024, 05:24:17 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 19, 2024, 01:36:23 AMI did see where they are giving five bonus points for the fastest lap in each race.  Very important for the V8CFL.   ;)
not sure how that will make a Ford win, or even attract more interest from the waning population. Supercars has lost the plot

Apparently there's massive turmoil inside RACE.

mikeamerica84

Beloved Australian GP series declares 'we deserve better' after alarming F1 demotions
Story by Jamie Woodhouse

The Supercars Championship is evaluating its future on the F1 Australian GP schedule after losing access to the pit lane and fans.

The Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne's Albert Park serves as one of the most iconic stops on the Formula 1 calendar, but ahead of the 2024 staging Australia's signature Supercars Championship has been left feeling uneasy over their treatment.

It is a stacked support-race bill for the 2024 Australian Grand Prix with Formula 2 and Formula 3 in action, which has seen Supercars booted out of the second pit lane to make way for F2, leaving Supercars personnel in tents behind the facility with fans not given access to the area.

It also means there will be no pit stops at this SuperSprint round.
And this has led chief executive Shane Howard to make it clear that the situation must be discussed with a new deal required to keep Supercars on the Australian Grand Prix schedule beyond 2024.

"This year will be a big change for us and we are working through that with the Australian Grand Prix Corporation," Howard told the Herald Sun.

"We would like to be in the pit lane ... but we acknowledge that Formula 2 is Formula 1's primary support.

"I understand their process in regard to it not being a general admission area because when you are trying to move race cars and lots of people in that area, it's a recipe for a problem.

"But we have been working very closely with [AGPC chief executive] Travis Auld and his team and Travis has made it very clear that he wants us there and he will look to try and do everything we can to improve what we have so we can put on a good show.

"But we need to rectify this situation with the fans. It is very important for our fans to be able to get access to our drivers and our teams. Unfortunately, we won't be able to fix it this year but we are going to work together and see if we can fix this [for the future].

"We want to be back but we will need to address those areas.

"We'll need to work with the corporation to deliver on everybody's expectations, be that our own being a championship round, being in a remote paddock and giving the fans what they want – good racing and access to our category.

"We will need to sit down together and just see what we can do and then once we have debriefed with everybody then we can make a calculated decision.

"It's a world-class event and we want to be part of it but, as I have said, it has to work for everybody."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/beloved-australian-gp-series-declares-we-deserve-better-after-alarming-f1-demotions/ar-BB1k6MLH?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=DCTS&cvid=94e8c33d238d458ab4b7665301bbcae3&ei=16
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

so the F1 bosses are waking up to Supercars hahahahahaha

and @LG, there should be no surprise in that

For years and years Supercars has raped and pillaged their way across Australia and beyond, now it is their turn to be screwed

muz

I'm with you Trev. I love seeing people get what they deserve. Where do I sign up?

skaifeman

Quote from: Trevor on March 20, 2024, 05:02:17 AMso the F1 bosses are waking up to Supercars hahahahahaha

For years and years Supercars has raped and pillaged their way across Australia and beyond, now it is their turn to be screwed

Screwed by the bigger fish. F1 do the same, this is no different, but that's the show everyone goes to see.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

muz

Quote from: skaifeman on March 20, 2024, 02:47:40 PM
Quote from: Trevor on March 20, 2024, 05:02:17 AMso the F1 bosses are waking up to Supercars hahahahahaha

Screwed by the bigger fish. F1 do the same, this is no different, but that's the show everyone goes to see.

Exactly.

Sonic

Quote from: muz on March 20, 2024, 03:41:38 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on March 20, 2024, 02:47:40 PM

Exactly.

but is the fish as big as it is telling itself that it is?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

murph_fan51

Quote from: Trevor on March 18, 2024, 05:02:54 PMso, which Chev is gonna win this weekend, does anyone care?
Hopefully an Erebus Chev.
debris debris debris

Trevor

skaifeman

Zak Brown just suggested he'd love to goto Newcastle to watch the Supercars... guess he'll be waiting a while.
Jess Yates didn't even correct him. Annoys me when interviewers don't do that, to save the interviewee any embarrassment. I'd argue that they're there to inform the viewer, not appease whoever is getting interviewed.

Quali 3:
88 - Chev
11 - Ford
25 - Ford
87 - Chev
19 - Ford
10 - Chev
6 - Ford
26 - Ford
14 - Chev
99 - Chev

Advantage Ford. Suggest aero and engine are bang on around here. Certainly no mid/top end difference.
Taupo should fill us in for the slow speed off the corner stuff - which is where the issue has been said to lie.

Quali 4:
6 - Ford
87 - Chev
88 - Chev
18 - Chev
19 - Ford
11 - Ford
9 - Chev
17 - Ford
25 - Ford
26 - Ford
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977