News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ITM Taupō Super400 (Spoilers)

Started by skaifeman, April 08, 2024, 10:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

muz

I want to see Matt Payne clean sweep the weekend at toe-paw.

mikeamerica84

Supercars will use the full circuit, correct?  I was googling the track.  It kind of reminds me of SMP from a topical view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taupo_International_Motorsport_Park
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

djr18fan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on April 16, 2024, 11:08:53 PMSupercars will use the full circuit, correct?  I was googling the track.  It kind of reminds me of SMP from a topical view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taupo_International_Motorsport_Park

Yes. It's got a decent straight but many slow corners that flow into each other resulting in a slow average lap speed. Lap times probably high 1.20's?

skaifeman

Watched the first practice.
The track poses an interesting mix of 'new' and old surface. Tyre deg is massive.
It'll be a great weekend of racing.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

hsv8fan

Quote from: skaifeman on April 19, 2024, 04:10:25 PMWatched the first practice.
The track poses an interesting mix of 'new' and old surface. Tyre deg is massive.
It'll be a great weekend of racing.

Lucky SVG isn't there racing, He'd be complaining about putting around having to manage his tyres

Mechz

60 laps in the wet with multiple safety cars.

It's going to be dark before this race finishes.

murph_fan51

It finished an hour or so before it got dark.

I was there all day, great that they made it you can walk around the entire track in the spectator area.

Lots of people walking out the gate after the Top 10 due to the rain.
debris debris debris

djr18fan

Good race. Plenty of action and  overtaking all race. Lucky in those conditions that damage was fairly minimal. Good supply of slicks on hand for tomorrow. 

Sonic

want good racing? just add water.

hope tomorrow is its equal

happy for BJR

gutted for Chaz

Sonic

wow. no talk at all about today?

didn't get to watch any of it but saw that Anton took home the cookies with the JR trophy. nice for DJR to have a good weekend.

watched some of the early supports. the FFord race was a ripper. and I did see the fight a few laps from the end of the 2 Bulls. that was entertaining.

nothing else worth talking about?

Zel

I was thinking the same - very quiet with no comments. It was good to see someone else win in Saturday, but Sunday was same old same old. I thought it was telling when Larko showed the pit stop of Red Bull. They were slick and crisp. Chaz came in and lost positions with a slow stop. Red Bull could drive Reliant Robins and still be competitive. I struggle to understand how THEY, can roll out regularly and be up the pointy end (Yes I know they were not so good Saturday), while other teams do not have that consistency. Sadly, It becomes boring. I reflect on a comment Mike made, parity is now an issue of Red Bull v all other teams.

madbugger

My interest for this series has waned so much I wasn't even aware there were races this weekend.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

muz

I thought both races were great.

It was awesome watching the Red Bulls on Sunday. Matt Payne was outstanding with his speed and making up positions at the end.

Chaz was up and down like a yo-yo and very interesting to watch.

Andre was blazing at the end to try and win the JR trophy.

There were little battles all the way through the field.

Was it the most outstanding weekend? Not really. But it was really solid and nice to see a permanent circuit throw up the entertainment.

Big question for me is if Rockford will be back in the hunt anytime soon??

One other point - Stanaway is 4th in the points, just quietly chipping away at consistent strong finishes. That is really cool.