News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ospif1

The kelly engine couldn't even have the butterflies tuned on the car and there was already a noticeable gain in a simple intake design tweak. For guys so highly praised for their engineering prowess it's odd how poor some of their design decisions were.

The recent results for Grove a no fluke, it's really just the new team improving a lot of issues and finding the true potential of the car.

Makes you wonder what could have been achieved with the Nissan in better hands.

skaifeman

Dave said it best after his qualifying performance - "Groves have invested a lot this year."
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Feeney was a big gamble for the 2022 season but in my opinion he is doing great.

Even exceeded his own expectations apparently.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/20/feeney-exceeding-own-expectations-in-rookie-season/

What's everyone else's thoughts?

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Troy01505 on April 20, 2022, 11:10:48 AM
Feeney was a big gamble for the 2022 season but in my opinion he is doing great.

Even exceeded his own expectations apparently.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/20/feeney-exceeding-own-expectations-in-rookie-season/

What's everyone else's thoughts?
No knock on Broc, but I could exceed my expectations in a TER car. 

Now put me or him in a BJR car and see how far our "exceedence" goes....
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Bloopy

I reckon Feeney was barely a gamble at all. T8 being fairly certain to pick a kid they can rely on to rise to their standards.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Bloopy on April 20, 2022, 09:53:36 PM
I reckon Feeney was barely a gamble at all. T8 being fairly certain to pick a kid they can rely on to rise to their standards.
Agree, Bloops.

skaifeman

Quote from: Bloopy on April 20, 2022, 09:53:36 PM

Especially whilst the other side of the garage keeps the sponsors happy.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

V8SuperRiley

It's good to see young Zak Best get a crack with a wildcard entry.

skaifeman

Speedcafe all but confirming a wildcard for Lowndes:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/27/co-driver-clarity-at-top-end-of-town/

Fraser or Hill likely to get a pretty good gig!

Troy01505

Quote from: murph_fan51 on May 02, 2022, 08:12:54 PM
https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/doubts-new-zealand-supercars-round/10262115/

That's a kick in the guts for NZ fans. Kiwis have dominated the sport for the last 5 years so they deserve some races

There are enough tracks suitable over there to do 3-4 rounds running just as this did SMP last year.

mikeamerica84

NZ was held up high in front of the world for their COVID response and success.  It is much easier to do for an island country.  Now shipping, freight, and supply issues are rearing their heads.  It is much harder to do for an island country.

Yin and Yang.

the undertaker

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 07, 2022, 08:11:13 PM
NZ was held up high in front of the world for their COVID response and success.

I'm glad you added the word "was", coz it sure isn't now. This current bunch of lefties has all but destroyed small business' in New Zealand.

Good luck to the ozzies should they be so unfortunate in 2 weeks time.

It certainly is a kick in the teeth for us here, especially as Pukekohe is my home town now.

fordman

geeezus what would any of us be doing if we were CEO of SC  atm?

stevo qld

Quote from: fordman on May 08, 2022, 04:08:21 PM
geeezus what would any of us be doing if we were CEO of SC  atm?

I would choose to retire with a huge golden handshake. ;D 8)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN