News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: the undertaker on May 08, 2022, 07:52:25 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 07, 2022, 08:11:13 PM
NZ was held up high in front of the world for their COVID response and success.

I'm glad you added the word "was", coz it sure isn't now. This current bunch of lefties has all but destroyed small business' in New Zealand.

Good luck to the ozzies should they be so unfortunate in 2 weeks time.

It certainly is a kick in the teeth for us here, especially as Pukekohe is my home town now.
I don't/didn't mean to knock the NZ government with my post.  They were top shelf in their health safety.  Over here in the States the debate amongst the masses was always health safety v. economical hits.  No government could have covered both bases.  It is just an unfortunate turn of events if NZ starts having economic strife, which subsequently could include a Supercars round.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on May 10, 2022, 09:22:03 AM
Payne and Campbell confirmed at Grove for the enduros: https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/10/grove-racing-confirms-bathurst-1000-driver-pairings/

Ojeda to race at Winton and Hidden Valley: https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/10/ojeda-seals-walkinshaw-andretti-united-debut/

plus I also saw that Winton was going to get another wildcard in Jordan Boys.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Quote from: the undertaker on May 08, 2022, 07:52:25 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 07, 2022, 08:11:13 PM
NZ was held up high in front of the world for their COVID response and success.

I'm glad you added the word "was", coz it sure isn't now. This current bunch of lefties has all but destroyed small business' in New Zealand.

Good luck to the ozzies should they be so unfortunate in 2 weeks time.

It certainly is a kick in the teeth for us here, especially as Pukekohe is my home town now.

Sure would love to send ScoMo, Barnaby and Dutto over to you folks.... we won't miss em at all.... ;)

djr18fan

Small businesses in NZ are, on average, doing quite well. Of course those that rely on international tourists have suffered, as they have around the world as people chose not to travel - even if they could.
Many sectors are actually booming.

Freight issues putting the NZ supercars round at risk are a global issue.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/small-business-sales-lifted-jobs-added-in-march-despite-omicron-cases-peaking/QO7J7WN5X6K23NDYBAWCKPZDXY/

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: djr18fan on May 12, 2022, 05:09:00 AM
Small businesses in NZ are, on average, doing quite well. Of course those that rely on international tourists have suffered, as they have around the world as people chose not to travel - even if they could.
Many sectors are actually booming.

Freight issues putting the NZ supercars round at risk are a global issue.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/small-business-sales-lifted-jobs-added-in-march-despite-omicron-cases-peaking/QO7J7WN5X6K23NDYBAWCKPZDXY/

Don't get me started on freight issues.. It doesn't seem to matter lately if it's international or domestic, it's been a thorn in my side through work haha.

I'm hoping that we can get a NZ round in, as it's a great track!

skaifeman

Scotty won't be returning for the 1000:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/13/exclusive-mclaughlins-bathurst-1000-return-ruled-out/

Listening to him on Enforcer and the Dude recently, it became pretty clear that he'd likely be busy with IndyCar. He certainly didn't sound certain.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

I know it is unlikely, but as Scotty is now a Chevrolet driver, how about a wildcard with Craig Lowndes. ;D

Maybe next year in a Camaro. ::)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

CP

Quote from: skaifeman on May 13, 2022, 02:33:49 PM
Scotty won't be returning for the 1000:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/13/exclusive-mclaughlins-bathurst-1000-return-ruled-out/

Listening to him on Enforcer and the Dude recently, it became pretty clear that he'd likely be busy with IndyCar. He certainly didn't sound certain.

Won't happen next year or the year after either.

It's hardly surprising news.

I suspect that next year's reasoning could be a Porsche LMDh drive at Petit Le Man's instead.

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on May 13, 2022, 03:52:17 PM
I know it is unlikely, but as Scotty is now a Chevrolet driver, how about a wildcard with Craig Lowndes. ;D

Maybe next year in a Camaro. ::)

He's a Penske driver first and foremost- check out what they run in NASCAR.....and it's fair to say that Roger ain't all that enamoured with either Supercars and even less so, RD and 888.....  ;-)

Zac

RD has moved on, V8 Supercars was sold last year to new owners and you don't need to be enamoured of your opposition, so are you saying: "Watch this space"?  :)

REM

Quote from: Zac on May 14, 2022, 08:52:00 AM
RD has moved on, V8 Supercars was sold last year to new owners and you don't need to be enamoured of your opposition, so are you saying: "Watch this space"?  :)
[/quote

Pretty sure he was in the pits recently....Roger was pretty disappointed with the series.....I'd say there's no chance of Scott racing anything Supercars in the next 3-5 years, if ever? Wanna bet? Coffee and a Sandwich at our next TCM meeting?  ;D

Zac

So, we've got five years before whoever loses has to buy that coffee and sandwich? Sounds fair, and I'd say the odds are about even atm. It could well be hybrid or all-electric Supercars by then.
BTW, TCM at SMP in a fortnight - if you like acronyms, well, initialisms actually.

REM

Quote from: Zac on May 14, 2022, 10:06:25 AM
So, we've got five years before whoever loses has to buy that coffee and sandwich? Sounds fair, and I'd say the odds are about even atm. It could well be hybrid or all-electric Supercars by then.
BTW, TCM at SMP in a fortnight - if you like acronyms, well, initialisms actually.

Sounds like a date! Oh, and the 5 years too.....I'll be able to save up! Those SMP sandwiches are crazy expensive hey......

Zac

Are they? I'm pretty sure you've paid on both previous occasions.
Win, lose or draw, it looks like my turn to pay next time.  :(