News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Timmy B confirmed with Slade-dawg!

Troy01505

Gizzy has basically won the championship.

So has me wondering, has Story and co stopped spending at DJR? Is Ludo losing it? It's this life after Penske Money and resources?

murph_fan51

Ludo is back to being race engineer, maybe something he doesn't excel at?? (he did get replaced by Richard Harris for a number of years).

Quote from: Troy01505 on May 23, 2022, 12:15:29 PM
So has me wondering, has Story and co stopped spending at DJR? Is Ludo losing it? It's this life after Penske Money and resources?

debris debris debris

stevo qld

Quote from: REM on May 27, 2022, 08:12:00 AM
Third DJR run Stang confirmed at Bathurst!

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/revealed-the-djr-connected-bathurst-1000-wildcard-team/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2022_NEWS_MAY_26)&mc_cid=a0625f14ac&mc_eid=446bfabc64

DJR don't think so. It is just an old DJR car sold to a new owner.

I hope Anderson has better luck with ex-DJR machinery than Matt Stone did.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

That's great for the sport and Bathurst! Now can we get to 32 cars please?

Well, I suppose it had to be mentioned:

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/infamous-mustang-returns-bathurst-/10310992/
debris debris debris

REM

Seems Stevie might be in the running for Co-driver! Would he have a Super licence?

stevo qld

Quote from: REM on May 28, 2022, 06:00:48 AM
Seems Stevie might be in the running for Co-driver! Would he have a Super licence?

If you mean Stevie Johnson, then he does not have enough sponsor funds to run a TCM car, let alone pay for a Bathurst co-drive.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on May 28, 2022, 11:17:48 AM

If you mean Stevie Johnson, then he does not have enough sponsor funds to run a TCM car, let alone pay for a Bathurst co-drive.

LOL! Sure, sure....how much will Ryan and his father charge him ;)

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on May 28, 2022, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on May 28, 2022, 11:17:48 AM

LOL! Sure, sure....how much will Ryan and his father charge him ;)

I don't think DJR are actually affiliated with the wildcard entry.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Apparently it comes with "minimal technical assistance".

stp01

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

mikeamerica84

The 97 car will be seriously stout, but Broc Feeney has to be completely stoked!  WHAT an OPPORTUNITY!

Remember when Percat was paired up with GT years back and they took the 1000?  Shades of that.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

hsv8fan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 09, 2022, 12:16:18 PM
The 97 car will be seriously stout, but Broc Feeney has to be completely stoked!  WHAT an OPPORTUNITY!

Remember when Percat was paired up with GT years back and they took the 1000?  Shades of that.
Whincup is prone to throw away as many as he has won though!