News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2022

Started by murph_fan51, June 12, 2021, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zac

Whincup's attitude to Bathurst comes from the philosophy of 'Don't die wondering'.

AlbertM

Have to agree with that. Although he left his team wondering why he passed the SC and why won't he listen when he is going to run out of fuel.
Ford Faithful

Yamarocket630

Quote from: AlbertM on June 09, 2022, 10:10:10 PM
Have to agree with that. Although he left his team wondering why he passed the SC and why won't he listen when he is going to run out of fuel.

As my wife would say "I made the best decision I could at the time with the information that I had available"

REM

Brown to DJR still running along....but a real tough one...

Waters to Grove would be a blockbuster...(and I am a Tickford Fan)....but not for a year or two it seems...

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/supercars-driver-market-who-goes-where-in-2023/?fbclid=IwAR1netRlXVFrPiig4IUNBCTaZi9bocwJeWvrheymEdm-VLIpvifTwGQI4Ig

SetonFan

I could see Courtney ending up at Team 18 for a final reunion with Schwerkolt

stevo qld

Quote from: SetonFan on June 10, 2022, 09:55:29 PM
I could see Courtney ending up at Team 18 for a final reunion with Schwerkolt

Not in 2022.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Well the podcast I posted above indicates Frosty is not confirmed for 23......personally, I wouldn't swap him for JC though....

stevo qld

This is 2022. Perhaps this speculation would be better in a 2023 topic.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Kytabu

Jacobson gone from PremiAir. Potentially Goddard or the third Kostecki to take the seat, so this could affect Tickford as both are them were scheduled to be co-drivers for Bathurst.
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/jacobson-out-of-premiair-racing-supercars-seat/
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on June 21, 2022, 04:56:36 PM
Jacobson gone from PremiAir. Potentially Goddard or the third Kostecki to take the seat, so this could affect Tickford as both are them were scheduled to be co-drivers for Bathurst.

When was the last time a driver got kicked mid-season?
Probably sooner than I remember... Davison during covid, but that wasn't 'kicked out' so to speak.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Was this the first round that the owner was able to attend and observe the operation?

Peter Xiberras is personally a driver at the very highest level in Drag Racing world was there for the dual meeting, winning the Top Fuel Championship.

He certainly can't have been impressed with either driver but Coke is paying the bills on the other car.

I know that Subway extended their initial sponsorship, but wonder if this was also their last round.

PS. Since posting, I realised that Subway got magnificent TV time at Darwin. Just think of all the crash replays that featured "Subway". ;D
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Dude was well in contention for Captain Crash......SVG and JC will just have to duke it out now.....

TheArrow

Quote from: Kytabu on June 21, 2022, 04:56:36 PM

Be interesting, certainly. Would you give up a 'plum drive' at the (second) top Ford team for one race and jump in a bottom tier "new" team that has hardly had a positive moment all season...

I guess whichever one pays more...

In all seriousness, it is an interesting conundrum. I feel like the better option, while it might be (significantly) less seat time, would be sticking with Tickford for the enduros.

murph_fan51

What was the notification from Supercars saying a Holden team has changed to Ford mid season?
Once I clicked on it went to the Supercars news page???
debris debris debris

Brazen

Quote from: murph_fan51 on June 21, 2022, 06:08:33 PM
What was the notification from Supercars saying a Holden team has changed to Ford mid season?
Once I clicked on it went to the Supercars news page???

How intriguing... would be interesting to see