News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Started by mikeamerica84, May 25, 2021, 08:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

A little more "getting to know the posters" on here:

37 years ago today, May 25, 1984, I got out of the United States Navy after serving my country for six years.  I can still remember that day walking down the gangplank of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise in Alameda, CA for the last time with my good friend Mitch Gunderson carrying my seabag.  That was a tradition back then - help an old friend off.  One of the greatest days of my life.  I am a patriot, through and through, but military management and myself did not really see eye-to-eye near the end of my run.  I fly the Stars & Bars flag every holiday still.  Memorial Day is next Monday, wherein we honor our fallen.

Too bad you blokes are not here as Sue and I fire up the grill.  I'd toss you a beer.  What would be you beer of choice?  Back in 1984, mine was Stroh's.  Now..... whatever cheap stuff is put in front of me.  Coors Light tonight.

Glad to be on here, boys.  VERY glad.  Thanks for keeping the site going, laser.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trickyonne

firstly thanks for representing the USA and joining the allied forces :)

XXXX beer for me
Paul Murray Live

Sonic

one thing the US does very well (usually) is honour their servicemen/women... that is a task I don't think I could do myself.

no beers for me, I'll just slip past you and grab the Jack or Jim outta the bar cupboard behind you that you're trying to hide :P
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

LG

I've noticed on a lot of TV shows how people, as soon as they find out someone is a veteran, says, "Thank you for your service."

May '84 - we'd just sold our restaurant and were cruising up in Qld for a couple of months.

Bloopy

I'd not long popped outta the womb then given I turned 37 a few months ago. 7 and 3 are my favourite numbers. When I began contemplating that I was gonna turn 37, I started to notice the damn number everywhere, this thread included. Most notably I thoroughly shuffled a deck of 52 oracle cards and drew card #37. The number even showed up just now in a message my Dad wrote while I was typing this post. Make of that what you will. ;D

LG

Quote from: Bloopy on May 25, 2021, 08:33:27 PM
I'd not long popped outta the womb then given I turned 37 a few months ago. 7 and 3 are my favourite numbers. When I began contemplating that I was gonna turn 37, I started to notice the damn number everywhere, this thread included. Most notably I thoroughly shuffled a deck of 52 oracle cards and drew card #37. The number even showed up just now in a message my Dad wrote while I was typing this post. Make of that what you will. ;D

Cue the music...   :D

djr18fan

At the age of 37, I thought I would have been driving through Paris in a sports car with warm wind in my hair.
Instead, I was driving a Mitsubishi Sigma in Dunedin in all sorts of weather.

37 years ago I got married.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Bloopy on May 25, 2021, 08:33:27 PM
Coincidence?  I think NOT!

37 years ago it was '84.  It's my favourite number.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Sounds like you blokes should go and watch "The Number 23" starring Jim Carrey ;).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Bloopy

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 26, 2021, 11:20:50 AM
37 years ago it was '84.  It's my favourite number.

Which is your favourite, 37 or 84? 84 happens to be twice 42, the answer to life, the universe and everything.

madbugger

I did a stint in the RAN as a clearance diver.  Like yourself, upper management and myself didn't see things quite the same through most of my time.

Will be raising a couple of James B Beam's finest in honour of the fallen on Memorial Day (and hopefully a couple more to celebrate a great result from Scotty Mc.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trickyonne

Quote from: madbugger on May 26, 2021, 05:36:48 PM
I did a stint in the RAN as a clearance diver. 

Wow that sounds like a cool job
Paul Murray Live

madbugger

Quote from: Trickyonne on May 26, 2021, 06:16:24 PM
Quote from: madbugger on May 26, 2021, 05:36:48 PM
I did a stint in the RAN as a clearance diver. 

Wow that sounds like a cool job

It did sound cool, however the reality . . . . . ;)
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Bloopy