News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Hidden Valley - Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, June 18, 2021, 09:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Excuse this Yank for butting in and starting the spolier thread.  I just HAD to do it - ONCE!

One race Saturday, two Sunday.  All 38 laps unless...... could it be shortened by time for television?  Weekend schedule below....

https://www.supercars.com/2021-merlin-darwin-triple-crown-schedule-and-results/

Daily weather F-S-S:  32.7°C-32.2°C-31.1°C.  No rain.  Let us hope for no cancellations.

Anyone on the forum going to be there in person?  Me, I'll be at a dirt late model show (super sedans, T-onne) at Plymouth Speedway in Indiana Sunday.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Whincup and Pye at the top. De Pasquale 3rd.
Top 25 cars covered by 1sec in Practice 2, smaller track I know, but still impressive.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

How staged was the Boost bike vs Supercar lap >:(
debris debris debris

Mechz

Wasn't that staged when you consider their lap times from yesterday.

TheArrow

Interesting that the 5 teams who had a horsepower increase are at the top of the field...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Troy01505

Quote from: TheArrow on June 19, 2021, 12:20:13 PM
Interesting that the 5 teams who had a horsepower increase are at the top of the field...

Interesting that the brand who lost their most talented and also their fastest drivers are no longer at the top. One has to wonder how good Penske really were now the cat is out of the bag.

Good to see JDUB up at the top, but it is only in practice

TheArrow

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 19, 2021, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on June 19, 2021, 12:20:13 PM

Interesting that the brand who lost their most talented and also their fastest drivers are no longer at the top. One has to wonder how good Penske really were now the cat is out of the bag.

Good to see JDUB up at the top, but it is only in practice
I wasn't making this a brand thing but sure, go ahead.

Kytabu

What a lap by ADP! Wonder what the time would have been without the mistake at the hairpin.

Awesome lap by Frosty, would love to see him return to the podium today.

Some bad calls in Q1 by some teams to only do one run...shocker for Davison. Would not have expected KGR to fill the back row, either.

Chaz and Cam starting next to each other!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

TheArrow

Scott Pye trying to win the bloody race at the first corner.

skaifeman

I heard someone over the radio say "I've lost power" as the lights went up. Would suggest Frosty.

SVG as aggressive as ever, a great move.
Pye made the same mistake as many before him.

Definitely Frosty, it just cut out on him.
A great day for Team18 turns to a bad one before the first corner.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Quote from: skaifeman on June 19, 2021, 04:02:04 PM
I heard someone over the radio say "I've lost power" as the lights went up. Would suggest Frosty.

SVG as aggressive as ever, a great move.
Pye made the same mistake as many before him.

Definitely Frosty, it just cut out on him.
A great day for Team18 turns to a bad one before the first corner.
At least that wasn't Frosty's fault.

Pye making rookie moves like that is what killed their day.

Edit: easy for Skaife to say de Pasquale made a rookie mistake letting Van Gis in but Van Gis was going in way too hot either way.

Anton avoided one accident (Van Gis taking him out) and was taken out in another accident instead.

Kytabu

That's taken a bit of shine out of the race with three of the top four gone at the first corner.

Anton needed to be glued to the inside line. Never should have let SVG up the inside regardless of what Pye was doing behind.

SetonFan

Really disappointing Frosty loses another big chance of a podium

TheArrow

Quote from: Kytabu on June 19, 2021, 04:10:12 PM
That's taken a bit of shine out of the race with three of the top four gone at the first corner.

Anton needed to be glued to the inside line. Never should have let SVG up the inside regardless of what Pye was doing behind.
Like I said above, Van Gis was going in hot either way. Anton would have been taken out by Van Gis if he was glued to the inside.

The drive through for Pye is a joke of a punishment. He's already a lap down. It's going to have absolutely zero impact on his has result. Unlike the 5 destroyed cars he caused at turn 1.

Kytabu

SVG only went in that hot because Anton opened a gap for him. He wouldn't have had Anton kept the door closed.