News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Hidden Valley - Spoliers

Started by mikeamerica84, June 18, 2021, 09:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetonFan

Was hoping SVG might go full Bottas there and have a 40 hour pitstop

skaifeman

I wouldn't say what de Pasquale did avoided a crash. That's racing, plenty of moves like that before it, and plenty more to come.
I also wouldn't say that it was an amateur mistake, he just got outfoxed by a fantastic move.

Does anyone want to win this race?
SVG done, and now Percat under investigation for tyre pressures.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

if that first corner event happened at any other time than the first lap it would have been a non-event... Giz went in way too hot, ran wide missing the apex by a mile preventing Anton from taking the turn in, and then a brake tap to stay on track backed everyone into each other and carnage was the only thing that could follow when you have the field nose to tail.

it raises a question again of what do you call track limits? why put lines down marking the racing surface if you are permitted to go off it at will?

disappointed to have so much damage to so many cars. that secondary hit on Anton was huge!

for me, Giz was at least in part responsible having braked when everyone else was belting through t1 and backing everyone up so I did feel that the pit issues did at least kinda work like a drive thru penalty... but then a typical hard work drive back through the field by him, good stuff there.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Ospif1

Zero issue with what SVG did, he went for the gap and made a nice move, that's pretty basic motor racing.  What happened behind is 100% on those behind, Pye was simply in too hot and he has put his hand up taking the blame for it (but seems some Supercars fans don't use much common sense).

Feel for Anton, he deserved better after a good weekend to that point.

hsv8fan

I think it's about time to stop drivers exceeding the track design limits.
The idea of putting concrete behind kerbing to allow them to go a full car width off the track is completely bonkers.

Sonic

So Percat's tyre pressure issue seems to have been a puncture on the outlap to the grid and was changed before the start of the race.

if they give him a penalty for low pressure then any time anyone gets a flat while on circuit they MUST get the same penalty.

what a joke! (apparently decision will be made known tomorrow)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

djr18fan

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 19, 2021, 11:37:20 PM
Anton caused that himself.

Partially, although I think he was entitled to tuck in behind SVG after SVG had made that excellent pass. Unfortunately Pye had his nose in there and clipped Antons left year quarter. Was Pye not far enough up? Or should Anton not have changed his line and chopped across the car behind/beside?

Whatever, it's good to see passing attempts. Wouldn't want everyone too scared to attempt to pass would we! Imagine the forum then. Been there!

Ospif1

Percat keeps his podium which is great, but the team loses points due to the error being completely self inflicted.  No puncture was involved.

mikeamerica84

I know I've seen enough to know I've seen too much.  What a bizarre Race 1 - no matter who you want to blame.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

LG

What a difference a day makes!

Will Davo claims both poles and a lap in the 1.04s!

Let's hope the races don't fall foul to any questionable antics.

Troy01505

Quote from: djr18fan on June 20, 2021, 07:13:18 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on June 19, 2021, 11:37:20 PM
Anton caused that himself.

Partially, although I think he was entitled to tuck in behind SVG after SVG had made that excellent pass. Unfortunately Pye had his nose in there and clipped Antons left year quarter. Was Pye not far enough up? Or should Anton not have changed his line and chopped across the car behind/beside?

Whatever, it's good to see passing attempts. Wouldn't want everyone too scared to attempt to pass would we! Imagine the forum then. Been there!

In my opinion Anton should have blocked SVG but he is still learning his craft. He was entitled to slip in behind SVG and Pye should be more aware of what's happening in front of him but that's motor racing.

I agree, great seeing passing attempts and drivers showing a bit of dominance, let's hope they keep it up and it's not overly punished like previous years.

Kytabu

SVG looked like he was cruising in that one. I think that even if Davo had taken the lead into Turn 1 SVG would still have won the race. Awesome battle between JW and Chaz.

How good was the bin lid with Larko and Andre? ;D

It will be interesting to see what tyres everyone has for the final race; Anton should have a couple of decent sets after yesterday.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Ospif1

SvG was spot on regarding the tyres.  They didn't provide the entertainment they were designed to do, so back to the drawing board on that one.

SvG also simply too good, especially on the starts.  I feel that Pole should get to choose where they start though as 2nd on the grid seemed to provide an advantage.

Trickyonne

Definitely a bucket list even this one.

Great drive by SvG once again....best to give him the championship trophy now
Paul Murray Live