News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Archer nas now sold Supercars

Started by stevo qld, June 21, 2021, 08:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CP

Quote from: Roadways6 on October 29, 2021, 03:36:02 PM
Quote from: Westfield on October 28, 2021, 07:14:31 PM
I acknowledge that Morris and Adderton "lost", but it doesn't mean that I don't respect their intentions. A lot of their ideas appear in the final deal anyway....

Until they brought in News Limited, I was all for the Adderton consortium

The mob that have now got it now aren't a positive in my opinion

It's quite a loaded portfolio once you include what Supercars and ARG promote.

On the Supercars side you get Supercars Media, Supercars Events, Supercars, Super 2 and the Toyota 86 Series.

ARG has the Bathurst 6 Hour, Bathurst International, Race Tasmania, Trans Am, TCR, TCM, S5000, Super3 and GT World Challenge.

That's most of the CAMS touring series under the shared umbrella.

skaifeman

Enforcer and the Dude do a pretty good rundown of who's who from the winning bid in their latest episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0DnpRHH30
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Let's hope the new team don't go and do something stupid like multiple rounds back to back at eastern creek.

Hoping we go back to harder cars to drive requiring more driver input and a lower reliance on pit passing, the ZB and Mustang are to on point to create an abundance of exciting racing. Many races now are won on strategy or pace cars.