News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Archer nas now sold Supercars

Started by stevo qld, June 21, 2021, 08:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

Supposedly 3 consortiums looking in to it.
Please don't let the consortium being led by Skaife be the ones.

CP

There was the rumour doing the rounds on Racing Insiders that RD, The Dude and the Sultan of Johor were going to purchase it.

It would be a bit ironic if Peter Adderton and Paul Morris bought it. Mr Boost and Morris Sr were the seorm enemy of said series they may be buying all those years ago.

Roadways6

Not to mention Alan Gow being a part of the alleged consortium too

Kelvin O'Reilly to replace Mr Seamer one would then assume?

Trickyonne

Speedcafe has an article linking Skaife to a rival bid....his ownership of HRT a didn't go well, sure hope he hasn't learnt a bit since then
Paul Murray Live

Troy01505

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 27, 2021, 07:55:59 AM
Speedcafe has an article linking Skaife to a rival bid....his ownership of HRT a didn't go well, sure hope he hasn't learnt a bit since then

Skaife was just the puppet that got swindled!

I'd be happy with Dane, Morris and Adderton teaming up to purchase as long as they sack the CEO

stevo qld

There should be new Supercar owners before 2022, so many of the current Gen 3 management criticisms will hopefully cease to be relevant.

A lot depends on whether the buyout is just Archer or the buyout is complete Archer plus team shares.

Should the new owners,  or alternatively, the new major shareholder plus the minority shareholding teams, decide to leave Gen 3 until 2023, then I would not be surprised to find that there are a lot more cost cutting changes.

The cost cutting issue is very much supported by the majority, at minimum, of the favoured buying group.

QuoteAmong the contenders to have emerged is a consortium between Bathurst 1000 winner Morris, Boost Mobile mogul Peter Adderton, SCT Logistics boss Pete Smith, MotoGP legend Mick Doohan and British Touring Car Championship CEO Alan Gow.

If it happens, former racer and manager in Australia and current BTCC boss Alan Gow would be a superb choice to sort out the Gen 3 debacle and maybe return home a become Supercars CEO. (I live in hope)

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/07/02/morris-breaks-silence-on-supercars-ownership-bid,
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

SetonFan

I'm hoping ARG buy it even though it seems unlikely

CP

Quote from: SetonFan on July 04, 2021, 11:01:10 PM
I'm hoping ARG buy it even though it seems unlikely

Some of the mouth breathers would be up in arms complaining that ARG own everything.

brighty08

Opening bids due by 12pm today... No one knows the mysterious fourth bidder???

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

coyote302

Whoever does buy Supercars needs to shake things up. More car brands are needed, at the moment you can buy a Mustang from a Ford showroom, but you can't by an Opel. Car makers like BMW, Mercedes, Kia (Stinger) need to be wooed. The reason other car makers have not been interested is there was never a level playing field. In the past Mercedes and Volvo were never allowed to be competitive. Holden is dead, the current owners are still feeding of it's stinking corpse!
I live to trigger woke snowflakes

stevo qld

Quote from: brighty08 on July 07, 2021, 08:46:15 PM
Opening bids due by 12pm today... No one knows the mysterious fourth bidder???

Maybe you don't, but others clearly do know.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: coyote302 on July 08, 2021, 09:32:09 AM
Whoever does buy Supercars needs to shake things up. More car brands are needed, at the moment you can buy a Mustang from a Ford showroom, but you can't by an Opel. Car makers like BMW, Mercedes, Kia (Stinger) need to be wooed. The reason other car makers have not been interested is there was never a level playing field. In the past Mercedes and Volvo were never allowed to be competitive. Holden is dead, the current owners are still feeding of it's stinking corpse!

Volvo weren't allowed to be competitive?
Supercars don't allow an electric package, which is why Sweden pulled out. ;)

Their track record screams competitive... in fact... winning pedigree.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

CP

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/07/18/three-supercars-bids-axed

The bids still in play are ARG, the Skaifey/TLA one and a mystery buyer.

The Adderton/Dude/Gow/Smith/Doohan one is out. While Gow, Adderton and Paul Morris are known quantities, I'm unsure what Peter Smith can bring to the table apart from trains and truckloads of cash?

What was Doohans legacy at the helm of Karting Australia?

LG

The Adderton plus plus bid was rejected because they wanted to buy the entire operation which included the teams, 35% stake.