News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

TA2 2021/22

Started by LG, June 21, 2021, 03:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

These cars are awesome - the sound, they're pretty basic and they get around.
There's been some good racing so far particularly with Herne, Seton and Kelly.

Young Junior Johnson Junior cut some laps in one last week at Qld Raceway.
I'm pretty sure he's doing the next meeting.

Sonic

have loved this category since day 1.

SC should have taken it up, added their own stuff to make it their own (probably end up overpriced etc but it's what they do) and they would have had a ripper series ready to go with bugger all investment required from their end.

plus with the $ saved every REC owner could run a 2nd car giving us a much better grid size and the bill would still be much cheaper than our current series!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

LG

Young Jett Johnson has just qualified 2nd behind Nathan Herne at QR for his first ever race in the Mustang.

Troy01505

Jett is a decent steerer, been quite enjoyable watching him and also Setons son develop even though their old mans are Ford heroes.

It's a great development class and hopefully retirees from other categories jump on board

Sonic

The AMRS round has been re-announced (think it is now in August on Champion of Winton weekend) so hoping that the regular AMRS categories including the TA2s will be there.

REM

Well done to Jett Johnson on winning the series- that is bloody awesome!! :)

LG

Some fairly famous surnames out there today - Johnson, Morris, Ellery.

LG

The 2022 round at SMP has just finished and it was dominated by 2 young Queenslanders.
Nash Morris (18yo) was fastest qualifier and won all 4 races.
Jett Johnson (16yo) was 4th fastest qualifier and finished 2nd in all 4 races.

Sonic

Quote from: LG on February 19, 2022, 10:08:10 PM
The 2022 round at SMP has just finished and it was dominated by 2 young Queenslanders.
Nash Morris (18yo) was fastest qualifier and won all 4 races.
Jett Johnson (16yo) was 4th fastest qualifier and finished 2nd in all 4 races.

thanks, was going to do a hunt for some results. might see if I can at least watch the youtube stream from yesterday if it is still available

TheArrow

Getting slightly off topic but the 2022 season has been discussed here so...

Getting pretty tired of Nathan Herne's "I'm never at fault and whatever incident I'm involved in is ALWAYS someone else's fault" attitude. It seems with him nothing is his fault, nothing is a racing incident, and everything is someone else's fault. And its not just this season, he's had this attitude for a while.

LG

TA2s at Winton this weekend for round 3.

Young Jett scored pole, 2nd in race 1 and won races 2, 3 and 4.
Not a bad weekend for the young fella.

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on June 12, 2022, 02:46:49 PM
TA2s at Winton this weekend for round 3.

Young Jett scored pole, 2nd in race 1 and won races 2, 3 and 4.
Not a bad weekend for the young fella.

maybe results like that will earn him a drive in a DJR in Super 2. DJR will have a couple of old Mustangs in the shed at the end of the year.

Meantime: Well done Jett. I am very impressed.

(now 21/22 thread and post OK )
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

it was (*&^%$ COLD at the track Sat/Sun...

an interesting finish to Sat's race with contact coming up to the chequer... one completed on track, one on the grass... believe it was deemed a racing incident.

but they put on a good show in the final especially... safety car got too much work when they were on track.

PVDA

Quote from: Sonic on June 12, 2022, 08:17:20 PMit was (*&^%$ COLD at the track Sat/Sun...

The Ford Rangers have nice heated seats so I only got cold if we had to do something (like the F3 driver extrication on Saturday).

Quote from: Sonic on June 12, 2022, 08:17:20 PMsafety car got too much work when they were on track.

So did the Safety Team.

Sonic

Quote from: PVDA on June 13, 2022, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: Sonic on June 12, 2022, 08:17:20 PMit was (*&^%$ COLD at the track Sat/Sun...

The Ford Rangers have nice heated seats so I only got cold if we had to do something (like the F3 driver extrication on Saturday).

Quote from: Sonic on June 12, 2022, 08:17:20 PMsafety car got too much work when they were on track.

So did the Safety Team.

firstly, you suck ;) :P

and yes, you guys had quite a few tows to do over the weekend. thankfully only 4 cars from damage though (F3 at t2, 2 from Thundersport between 2/3 and a TA2 over at T5/6) that I noted.... actually there was another TA2 I think at the start of one of the races between 2/3 as well but I was a fair way off from that so don't know if it was damage or 'just stopped'