News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Booked my 2 campsites for Bathurst yesterday

Started by Trevor, June 23, 2021, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

not close enough to the track - we tried to get closer, but were after 2 sites and that that stupid ****ed up Ticketek site won't let you buy 2 sites at a time so you have to buy 1 at a time, then of course by the time you try to get the 2nd one its gone

Anyway we got 2 sites together up the top, we still have 2 sites in the Chase on hold from 2019

Trickyonne

cool hoping to camp there myself...maybe we can catch  up ? :)
Paul Murray Live

mikeamerica84

You're killing me Mick.  I am laughing, but you are killing me, mate.

The straw that stirs the drink you are.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

I am living the dream Mike, I can't see T1's posts - it is like heaven

Kytabu

I had the same issue with booking for the 500 in February. It's such a useless system. They need to use the one from the 12 Hour where you could choose all of your sites at once.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Bonlac on June 23, 2021, 03:09:30 PM
I can see his posts, Bon.  I suggest you two get together and just take a few swings at each other.  I bet neither one of you land a good punch.  Then afterwards, have a couple of beers together and you will be mates laughing about your "adventures".

BOTH of you are here because you love this sport and this series.  Get together and stop taunting each other.  You are both to blame for this dust up.

We only go around once in life, boys.  Make friends. 

Bonlac and Trickyonne.... I am asking for a V8Central handshake.  I do not care who offers the right hand first.  I would just like to see you two motorsport fans tip caps to each other as you both have differing opinions and viewpoints and recognize/respect the man across the table from you.

Can I get it?

Trickyonne

Paul Murray Live

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 23, 2021, 03:46:52 PM
i feel a group hug coming on :)
No, just a gentlemen's internet handshake is all I am asking.

Let us bury the hatchet.

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 23, 2021, 03:43:18 PM
I can see his posts, Bon.  I suggest you two get together and just take a few swings at each other.  I bet neither one of you land a good punch.  Then afterwards, have a couple of beers together and you will be mates laughing about your "adventures".

BOTH of you are here because you love this sport and this series.  Get together and stop taunting each other.  You are both to blame for this dust up.

Bonlac and Trickyonne.... I am asking for a V8Central handshake.  I do not care who offers the right hand first.  I would just like to see you two motorsport fans tip caps to each other as you both have differing opinions and viewpoints and recognize/respect the man across the table from you.

Can I get it?

Sorry Mike, but no

Trevor

Trickyonne

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 23, 2021, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: Trickyonne on June 23, 2021, 03:46:52 PM
i feel a group hug coming on :)
No, just a gentlemen's internet handshake is all I am asking.

Let us bury the hatchet.

I'm up for it :)
Paul Murray Live

djr18fan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 23, 2021, 03:43:18 PM

Can I get it?

One of them is not here because he's a motorsport fan. IMHO.

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on June 23, 2021, 03:11:58 PM
I had the same issue with booking for the 500 in February. It's such a useless system. They need to use the one from the 12 Hour where you could choose all of your sites at once.

That forms part of the problem. The whole place would be filled with campers with 3-4 sites.
Many would miss out.

It's not a perfect system (and Ticketek make it harder), but grabbing a site when you're not the rights holder is hard enough when people can only book 1 at a time.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trevor

Quote from: skaifeman on June 23, 2021, 08:54:57 PM
That forms part of the problem. The whole place would be filled with campers with 3-4 sites.
Many would miss out.

It's not a perfect system (and Ticketek make it harder), but grabbing a site when you're not the rights holder is hard enough when people can only book 1 at a time.
a few years ago and stack of us were going and we needed 4 sites, I knew getting them on the top of the hill would be impossible so I tried to grab 4 in The Chase, couldn't do it, so I rang a Ticketek agent who happened to be in Newcastle, she took my details and my credit card number and secured 4 sites side by side for me.  we have since let 2 go, but we still hold 2 in The Chase

The big problem with being in The Chase is that you have to buy their grog, you can't drink your own, so we had to catch a cab back and forwards to the top of the hill each day $35 one way, there was a few of us in a Maxi Taxi so it wasn't that much each, but just inconvenient