News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Mid-Ohio / Independence Day (Spolier)

Started by mikeamerica84, July 05, 2021, 08:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Sue and I were lucky enough to be at Mid-Ohio this afternoon watching the Honda Indy 200 on our Nation's Birthday.  An absolutely one-sided affair in which J-New and Team Penske dominated on a beautiful day weather-wise.

The place was packed.  America has essentially lifted their COVID restrictions coast to coast this week.  And trust me, EVERYONE has come out of their cocoons.  Our campground here is packed as I sit on the porch of our cabin.  Mid-Ohio was packed.  Limaland Motorsports Park dirt speedway Friday night was packed.  We'll see where this all goes coming down the stretch, but right now the American alphabet is down to only 25 letters and the "D" is being passed over.

We may not be perfect, and who is, but we're still standing here after 245 years.  Happy Birthday, America, as the Red, White, and Blue Stars and Bars flags are on every camper in the place this weekend. 

Thanks for letting me chime in, boys.  Everyone has to believe in something.  Right now, I think I'll have another beer.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Say G'Day to the Kiwi from all at V8C :D.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on July 05, 2021, 09:38:22 AM
Say G'Day to the Kiwi from all at V8C :D.
Waved to him on the parade lap when he was atop one of the Honda convertibles, and saw him go by 80 times, but the bloke never got out and said, "Hi, Mike!".  I think he was a little busy and a little off the mark this weekend.  After Power wound up spinning and got drilled, Joe New was the only Penske car that had anything for anyone.  Pagenaud was there, but that was about it.

I had no paddock pass or I would have gone into it and stoked the V8Central angle for us all with Scotty.

Or are we talking Dixon?   ???

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

Quote from: Trevor on July 05, 2021, 02:07:05 PM
Dixon, who is Dixon  ;D ;D ;D ;D

He's a friend of Mason.
They're a couple of Yanks who did something sometime.  ;D ;D ;D

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Bloopy

I'll add this one about a 'Mason Dixon valentine': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioVhi-PkAkM ;D

Just checked out what Scotty Mac had to say about his race on Twitter, and scrolled down to find him talking about eating cheese curd for the first time. It does get served in NZ, at least in poutine. Maybe not on its own.

mikeamerica84

You guys are great!  Give a small bone to a dog and the next thing the couch is being eaten!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason%E2%80%93Dixon_line

Excerpt:  "The largest, east-west portion of the Mason–Dixon line along the southern Pennsylvania border later became known, informally, as the boundary between the Northern free states and Southern slave states."

Anyways, Mason was nowhere to be found Sunday.  Probably got taken out in one of the two early crashes at the end of the backstretch.

madbugger

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 08, 2021, 11:02:46 AM
You guys are great!  Give a small bone to a dog and the next thing the couch is being eaten!

https://youtu.be/Uz4Vayquy-8

;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.