News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Townsville Round 1 with Spoliers

Started by Sonic, July 09, 2021, 08:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Anyone from V8C up there? Doing the double?

Will be interesting for the support categories if they have serious issues on weekend 1 as to how they get the necessary repairs done for weekend 2 with such a tight turnaround.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

LG

Quote from: Sonic on July 09, 2021, 08:35:15 AM
Anyone from V8C up there? Doing the double?

Will be interesting for the support categories if they have serious issues on weekend 1 as to how they get the necessary repairs done for weekend 2 with such a tight turnaround.

There's plenty of workshops up there who would open their doors and use their networks for them.

Sonic

interesting on the intro saying the track is smaller than Winton but doing 250km. so why not the same there with a sprint and mini enduro?

LG

Quote from: Sonic on July 09, 2021, 10:07:07 AM
interesting on the intro saying the track is smaller than Winton but doing 250km. so why not the same there with a sprint and mini enduro?

Maybe it's the size of the Hills Hoist?    ;D ;D ;D

madbugger

Quote from: LG on July 09, 2021, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: Sonic on July 09, 2021, 10:07:07 AM

Maybe it's the size of the Hills Hoist?    ;D ;D ;D

The Hills Hoist has been enlarged since that statement was made ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

I always laugh when that gets regurgitated, a kilometre has been added to the track since Dick said that
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

hsv8fan

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/07/09/triple-eight-dismisses-illegal-tank-talk-as-schoolyard-whinging/?fbclid=IwAR1fscLwBbR2bx2493uXCP8GIfeIKCpLnRfDNgLfeWZfib3aPmqO0t1sfPU

Red Bull Ampol Racing team manager Mark Dutton has dismissed suggestions its refuelling rigs are illegal, labelling rivals' complaints as "schoolyard whinging".

Supercars was approached by at least one team on set-up day at the NTI Townsville 500 with concerns relating to the capacity of the Banyo-based team's refuelling rigs.

Concerns were raised on Thursday when one team spotted the refuelling tank, which appeared to be bulging significantly more than other tanks in the pit lane (see below for a comparison).

Several teams Speedcafe.com spoke to noted the appearance of the tank, one labelling it "clearly illegal" and balloon-like while another said the team was "taking the piss".

It was theorised the team was able to fit more fuel in its rigs, thus creating more head pressure and allowing for a faster fuel flow with the knock-on effect of a faster pit stop.

However, that's been dismissed by Dutton. A Supercars spokesperson also confirmed to Speedcafe.com that the fuel tanks are legal.

"At the start of every season, Supercars calibrate so that everyone's 120-litre drop is the same," Dutton told Speedcafe.com.

"It's not just in millimetres, obviously millimetres relative to the shape of your tanks. Supercars have a record and they have a record to see the last two, three years our tanks haven't changed.

"The tanks haven't changed for this round. They haven't changed for this year. They haven't changed from last year.

"Some teams in the past, apparently, have made tanks. You're not meant to do that. It's a supplied thing. We get it from whoever made them way, way back when. We've had the same ones.

jd

Sonic

anyone with fox able to help out?

what was the song played atthe end of the telecast? they lyrics I heard made me do a double take

did I hear what I heard and what was the song?

what I heard was something like "I don't want to kill you, I just want to burn you alive"??!!

anyone?

Kytabu

Quote from: Sonic on July 09, 2021, 09:39:45 PM
anyone with fox able to help out?

what was the song played atthe end of the telecast? they lyrics I heard made me do a double take

did I hear what I heard and what was the song?

what I heard was something like "I don't want to kill you, I just want to burn you alive"??!!

anyone?
Went back on Kayo and got: "I'm the gas, you're the flame, and we can't help but live in the fire. I don't wanna kill you, I just wanna burn you alive."

Struggling to find a corresponding song on Google.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

AlbertM

Advantage or not, the tanks being measured by sight glass, 888's tank would hold more fuel with the bulges. Question is, why are the 888 tanks bulged out? Looking at the Speedcafe photo the corner gussets are clearly bent. That would have taken some force to do that.
Ford Faithful

madbugger

Dutton saying that it was the way they have been stored.

Have they "stored" them in a manner that would cause them to bulge because they thought it would give them an advantage?
Is it just coincidence?
Would you want a fuel tank that possibly has been compromised, unless you thought it was giving an advantage?
Not questions that we will ever get an answer to I think.

Will probably have to be replaced after the next round so as to appear that every thing is on the up and up, no penalty given, T8 to release statement that in the interests of blah blah blah and the matter will be closed.

(except when it is regurgitated on various forums to point to some kind of cheating as a counter argument from other incidents )  ;D ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

mikeamerica84

I'm a little late on the draw, but why are we having two Townsville weekends?  Is it because Winton is becoming more and more iffy?  I see it is still on the calendar at season's end.

Or is it there to replace the AGP round?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stp01

Quote from: jd on July 09, 2021, 08:22:40 PM
As Larko says the "facts are the facts it would be an advantage....."

https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/larko-breaks-down-fuel-tank-chatter/

Well, maybe. But as they are using the sight glasses (not actual volume) to determine the fuel drop, a fatter tank would be delivering more fuel. So if any increase in pressure gives them a fuel flow advantage, this may be cancelled out by actually delivering more fuel than the other teams.

The only way to be sure is to compare across a few teams the time it takes to dump fuel from one mark on the sight glass to the next.

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion