News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Show us your neck of the woods

Started by Bloopy, July 11, 2021, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloopy

While everyone's rarely travelled beyond their area at times, let alone around the world, perhaps like me you have some photos of your immediate vicinity to share. Prefer to see photos you've taken if possible. Images don't stretch the whole page any more, but I suggest making them about 1024 pixels wide so phone users aren't scrolling across for miles.

I've been temporarily living back where I grew up (Porirua NZ), and walked a bunch of paths I'd barely set foot on, including during sunrise hours, something I haven't always been out and about for thanks to insomnia. Caught some cool lighting in this first one:

Insane path here, 12 zigs and 12 zags:

Trevor

Where I was born:

Where I grew up:

Where I live now:
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

meha

madbugger

Top one looks like Alexandria, bottom one is Shepparton, middle is possibly Mornington peninsula/Phillip Island

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Bloopy

Born under a bridge, banished to an island and now put out to pasture. ;D

Last year I performed the rare action of walking past the building I was born in (Wellington NZ), so took a photo. My spawn point, to use video game terminology:

Trevor

Quote from: madbugger on July 12, 2021, 11:44:02 AM
Top one looks like Alexandria, bottom one is Shepparton, middle is possibly Mornington peninsula/ Phillip Island
very good, although no 'i' after 'r' and before 'a'

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Trevor

Lovely, the view out my office window is similar

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

February 2019.
I'll take a current photo tomorrow.

LG

Yesterday.
We've been in drought for 5 years and we still are.
Technically it's a green drought at the moment.
We have surpassed last year's total rainfall this year but have no idea if that's going to continue.
We're hoping of course.
That dam is just shy of 8m deep in the middle and we still have another metre and a half till it's full.
But at least we have some water I can use.

murph_fan51

How many snakes do you see down by the pond?

This is where I live - if you can work out the town then well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

LG

Quote from: murph_fan51 on July 14, 2021, 06:41:13 PM
How many snakes do you see down by the pond?

This is where I live - if you can work out the town then well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hardly ever see snakes. I could probably count on one hand the number we've seen in the last 8 years.
We have horses and dogs who are always running and jumping all over the place. Snakes don't like the vibrations so tend to stay away.

And judging by the long white clouds in your photo, murph fan 51, it has to be a Kiwi town.   ;D ;D ;D

mikeamerica84

Thanks for this thread and opportunity to share, Bloops.

Every day when I have a chance I go for a walk.  I start out of the peaceful confines of the backyard at V8CFL Headquarters.

If you look real close you can see Dot the Cat, Matriarch of the Yard, low in the grass.

I then go up to the corner and turn left, crossing over Interstate 94.

1.5 hours west to Chicago.  Off to the left and up the berm is actually the back of our backyard.

3 hours east to Detroit

The cars and trucks were actually sounding their horns as I took the pictures.  Maybe they though I was going to jump?

And then down the hill over Hickory Creek and back up the other side.

I thought you guys might like the sign on the right.  :)

Everything else (where the "action" is) is a few km north of here in St. Joseph, Michigan.

The south pier where the St. Joseph River empties into Lake Michigan - one of the five Great Lakes.

The St. Joseph River itself with the Coast Guard Station on the other bank.

Looking south at Silver Beach with Lake Michigan to the right.

A little further upriver at Clementine's on the outdoor patio.  My favorite restaurant.  Is any of you blokes ever get here the fried lake perch and onions rings on a 2 foot pole are on me!  :)

Back south to Stevensville, my home town, looking downhill as we go.

Your true patriotic American town - Stevensville, Michigan.  The WHOLE BLOCK!

Then I come home.....

HOLY SMOKES!  It's a girl, my lord, in a short bed Ford, stopping by to take a look at me! 

Cheers to all, from Stevensville, MI USA.

Mike and Sue
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

OH!  One more you might like.  I did not notice this until after I posted:

Another picture of downtown Stevensville, where Americana THRIVES!

Check out the black and white sign on the left.  Only in America.  We are world's apart, gentlemen, and we deal with this issue every day.

Believe it or not, the guy who owns/runs the gun shop used to work where I work.  He has made quite a good living selling heat to the locals.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life