News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Show us your neck of the woods

Started by Bloopy, July 11, 2021, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

You'd know I spent a little time in the US a few years back, Mike. To think we were once merely 3 hours apart at one stage.
Went for a swim in Lake Michigan (Chicago side) late May... certainly got the nipples hard.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Looking east off my balcony. The bushland is the beautiful Royal National Park in southern Sydney, with the Illawarra line and the Princes Highway in between. That is the Maccas where ScoMo allegedly made a mess of himself.

A couple of shots from Nasho, as we call it:
Looking east from a trail near Loftus, Grays Point in the foreground and Cronulla in the far, far background

Having lunch on the cliffs near Bundeena
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Bloopy

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 15, 2021, 07:38:23 AM
Check out the black and white sign on the left.  Only in America.  We are world's apart, gentlemen, and we deal with this issue every day.

We have gun shops too of course, though surely far less with more restrictions on what you can buy. Not many segments in "gun fails" videos on YouTube will be from down under. Looks like there's about 1 gun shop per 100,000 people around these parts.

There's one not too far from my sister's place in Melbourne. I went in there once just to see what sorts of clothes and other things they had. Some time later there was an armed robbery there, so I figure I have no reason to be in there again. How many guns did they steal? 37;D

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on July 15, 2021, 10:39:47 AM
Having lunch on the cliffs near Bundeena

An absolutely incredible view and lunch, Kye!  I am right there with you with the greens.  This thread is for max sharing!

Once again, Bloopy, thanks HEAPS for this idea!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on July 15, 2021, 08:41:31 AM
You'd know I spent a little time in the US a few years back, Mike. To think we were once merely 3 hours apart at one stage.
Went for a swim in Lake Michigan (Chicago side) late May... certainly got the nipples hard.
I remember that time period.  You were in Nebraska, right?  We never hooked up.  A scar I bear in my motorsport history.

Trevor

love the photos Mike, thanks for sharing
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Quote from: murph_fan51 on July 14, 2021, 06:41:13 PM
How many snakes do you see down by the pond?

This is where I live - if you can work out the town then well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ngongotaha?

PHARK IT!!!!!

djr18fan

Pokeno

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 15, 2021, 12:16:46 PM
I remember that time period.  You were in Nebraska, right?  We never hooked up.  A scar I bear in my motorsport history.

Just a little town called Manhattan... Kansas... :P
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

Quote from: djr18fan on July 16, 2021, 04:16:02 AM

Pokeno
Yep it's Pokeno.
Mike you certainly have shown your area well!
I thought I would add a couple more, I took these photos last year in Level 4 lockdown, a short walk up the road to see... an empty motorway. Very strange.

debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

The motorway pics look like something out of The Twilight Zone, murph.  Amazing how all of this unraveled last year.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on July 16, 2021, 09:02:10 AM

Well, this is just MY opinion, but once you get West of the Mississippi River and into the plains, you can start in Kansas and make the big circle - Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming....... and without state border markings you'd swear you never left Kansas.  But I'll tip my cap the folks out that way.  That is where the crops are grown and harvested.  The backbone of the country.

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 17, 2021, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on July 16, 2021, 09:02:10 AM

Well, this is just MY opinion, but once you get West of the Mississippi River and into the plains, you can start in Kansas and make the big circle - Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming....... and without state border markings you'd swear you never left Kansas.  But I'll tip my cap the folks out that way.  That is where the crops are grown and harvested.  The backbone of the country.

Can't disagree with you. Did the road trip from Kansas to Denver a few times, and later on Kansas to Chicago.

Makes for great windmill spotting.

Bloopy

Quote from: Trevor on July 16, 2021, 02:18:59 AMNgongotaha?

Really weird guess given no sign of the lake in the photo. Coincidentally I was there to see a rock/metal concert on Sat night:

Trevor

Quote from: Bloopy on July 19, 2021, 09:51:14 PM
Quote from: Trevor on July 16, 2021, 02:18:59 AMNgongotaha?

Really weird guess given no sign of the lake in the photo. Coincidentally I was there to see a rock/metal concert on Sat night:

A company I worked for had a branch there, now long gone, I used to travel over about 4 or 5 times a year once upon a time

PHARK IT!!!!!