News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Supercars models

Started by LG, July 12, 2021, 06:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG

My Scott McLaughlin 2019 Adelaide 1:18 model Mustang finally arrived today.

Sonic

I think I only have one model. A small version of the Bathurst rollover car to go with my photos.

Wanted a 1:18 but prices are stupid for a couple of stickers on a car that would otherwise sell for $200
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

LG

The Stang is the only "new" one I have. I've mainly got old ones - Tru Blu, Greens Tuf, Palmer Tube Mills, Lotus Corty and stuff like that.
I didn't know the Stang was coming as my wife ordered it and didn't say anything.

skaifeman

Thanks for starting this LG. I was a bit tardy.
I think I'm at about 50+ models. That's dangerous when you don't even know the amount given their price.

Latest additions:
2019 and 2020 Bathurst winners. Shame the 888 cars are done by Classic, the Mustang is far, far better.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

I haven't bought any more for a few years, this is all I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

skaifeman

The McLaughlin/Perkins car on far left is a rare one.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

CP

I've bought a few over the past few months and now I'm trying recall what they were.

Anyway, I have Willy D's Big Woody in 1:18, and e Norton Altima that ended up on the podium at Bathurst in 2014, in 1:43. The 1968 and 1973 Bathurst winning cars, albeit as retro inspired VF and FGX Supercars. Kinda like the old retro livery threads, but in model form.

I bought two 1:64 scale ones too. One was Chaz's Supercheap Mustang, the other was JCs Boost Mobile Commodore from 2018.

In my collection, I've somehow managed to get every Gen1 Car of The Future car, both the Gen2 Supercars and whatever Falcon and Commodore variants from the Blueprint era.

Troy01505

I got the 1:12 CL 2018 Autobarn and 2018 National storage cars as a late b'day gift today. Going to make a hoist up so they be together on one shelf as they take up a bit more space then the 1:18 cars.

Has anyone ever moved houses with their collection? Took me 7 ****ing hours to get my entire collection into their original boxes!

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on July 29, 2021, 06:02:26 PM
I got the 1:12 CL 2018 Autobarn and 2018 National storage cars as a late b'day gift today. Going to make a hoist up so they be together on one shelf as they take up a bit more space then the 1:18 cars.

Has anyone ever moved houses with their collection? Took me 7 ****ing hours to get my entire collection into their original boxes!

How are the 1:12 cars? Considering getting the JC Townsville Retro... just unsure if it'll look good stalking all my other 1:18's.

Moved house around a year ago, had that all packed and ready to go months before the move to take the stress away.
Wasn't a bad thing, cleaned them all, and let me do a 'stocktake,' and re-evauate my collection. Sold a few and bought a few others.
I find I always digress from my collection and end up with a few cars that don't really fit.

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on July 30, 2021, 09:07:07 AM
Quote from: Troy01505 on July 29, 2021, 06:02:26 PM

How are the 1:12 cars? Considering getting the JC Townsville Retro... just unsure if it'll look good stalking all my other 1:18's.

Moved house around a year ago, had that all packed and ready to go months before the move to take the stress away.
Wasn't a bad thing, cleaned them all, and let me do a 'stocktake,' and re-evauate my collection. Sold a few and bought a few others.
I find I always digress from my collection and end up with a few cars that don't really fit.

1:12 are ok in quality but not great.

I unpacked mine over 2 weeks, spotless again but lost a few mirrors off some old Holden's and fords.

LG

This arrived the other day.
I haven't put it together as I have no more space to do so.
So that means another shelf building exercise before I can display it...

murph_fan51

Quote from: LG on October 28, 2021, 12:15:21 PM
This arrived the other day.
I haven't put it together as I have no more space to do so.
So that means another shelf building exercise before I can display it...

Looks good LG. That is the Bathurst winner? 2019?
debris debris debris

LG

CP

Is it missing the rear wing or is it a separate piece?

LG

Quote from: CP on October 30, 2021, 04:03:40 PM
Is it missing the rear wing or is it a separate piece?

Packed separately as is the trophy and billboard.
As I said, I haven't put it together until I build some new shelving.
I've run out of space.    :D