News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Supercars models

Started by LG, July 12, 2021, 06:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Biante are re-releasing the 2020 Bathurst winner. Classic did the last version, fully sealed and not great.
After receiving my Biante WAU winner, I don't think I'd be rushing for the 2020 upgrade, especially at the price point.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Really don't get the low numbers that they make available.

Sure it's good for collectors I guess who speculate that the investment may increase but it stumps sales when they are in demand.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Quote from: skaifeman on March 07, 2023, 12:18:24 PM
Biante are re-releasing the 2020 Bathurst winner. Classic did the last version, fully sealed and not great.
After receiving my Biante WAU winner, I don't think I'd be rushing for the 2020 upgrade, especially at the price point.

And now the 2015 Winner too. Biante trying to grab fresh sales because the Classic's were so poor.

Quote from: Sonic on March 07, 2023, 01:59:18 PM

Sure it's good for collectors I guess who speculate that the investment may increase but it stumps sales when they are in demand.

Most of the popular ones are released in droves. The 2020 Bathurst Winner had almost 7,000 - driving second hand prices down to around $100 at times.
Anything Brock that gets released has numbers of around 10,000.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on March 23, 2023, 09:31:29 AM

And now the 2015 Winner too. Biante trying to grab fresh sales because the Classic's were so poor.

Most of the popular ones are released in droves. The 2020 Bathurst Winner had almost 7,000 - driving second hand prices down to around $100 at times.

Try to get a 2010 Bathurst Coulthard car :'( I wanted one to go with my pics... asking prices have been around the $2000 mark for a 1:18

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on March 23, 2023, 01:14:08 PM

Try to get a 2010 Bathurst Coulthard car :'( I wanted one to go with my pics... asking prices have been around the $2000 mark for a 1:18

There's always oddity's and that's definitely one of them! Even the 1:64's demand coin.

Same as the 2017 Bathurst winner, it was the first time Authentic Collectables did a Bathurst Winner and essentially didn't have the platform/advertising to let people know! Only produced 2,200.
They essentially released another version, looking as per the car finished, to bulk up the numbers.

LG

Have you thought about contacting the company and telling them the story? You never know your luck.

Sonic

Quote from: LG on March 23, 2023, 01:54:25 PM

Have you thought about contacting the company and telling them the story? You never know your luck.

Couldn't hurt to sob on their shoulder I guess. Worst they can do is say 'tough luck'...

Does anyone know who made the model for that year?

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on March 23, 2023, 02:07:30 PM

Couldn't hurt to sob on their shoulder I guess. Worst they can do is say 'tough luck'...

Biante.

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on March 23, 2023, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: Sonic on March 23, 2023, 02:07:30 PM

Biante.

thank you

skaifeman

The Monster Mustang won't be produced at any scale until further notice:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/no-more-monster-supercars-for-collectors/?fbclid=IwAR2KDRNiKuxiQWEJtcfZaEMhiRlzNklupsyLGNNFnVQmPGAEN3bTqUIeeOs

A shame, I thought they'd at least go a black car and we can add the Monster stickers via a 3rd party, similar to how cigarette sponsorship is done (Marlboro, Camel etc).
We always have said that the Monster car is just black with stickers...

CP

Quote from: skaifeman on June 28, 2023, 01:56:33 PMThe Monster Mustang won't be produced at any scale until further notice:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/no-more-monster-supercars-for-collectors/?fbclid=IwAR2KDRNiKuxiQWEJtcfZaEMhiRlzNklupsyLGNNFnVQmPGAEN3bTqUIeeOs

A shame, I thought they'd at least go a black car and we can add the Monster stickers via a 3rd party, similar to how cigarette sponsorship is done (Marlboro, Camel etc).
We always have said that the Monster car is just black with stickers...

I think it's Coke/ Monster playing hard ball as they aren't doing any Monster NASCAR models either.

murph_fan51

They will wait until years down the track and release them for a much higher cost.
debris debris debris

skaifeman

Biante continue their re-makes of most successful 888 stuff. Now with:
2013 Whincup Championship winner
2014 Bathurst camo cars
2018 Lowndes final car

stevo qld

QuoteThere have been some curiosities to the Monster backing of late, though, due to a crackdown on licensing from the US-based parent company.

Waters merchandise sold by Tickford this year doesn't feature any Monster branding, while Tickford's model car partner Authentic Collectables was forced to discontinue all replicas of the #6 Mustang.

It astounds me that Monster are restricting what is, in effect, free advertising on collector cars, a lot of which are purchased for the Monster demographic.

https://speedcafe.com/monster-tipped-for-bigger-supercars-presence/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN