News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Neil Crompton

Started by Wrighty05, May 11, 2021, 08:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

That Mustang... WOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Trickyonne

Quote from: skaifeman on May 14, 2021, 09:29:08 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 14, 2021, 06:22:25 AM
I've been soft peddling it around this thread contemplating my post here.  I do not wish to steal anyone's thunder or take from the best wishes and prayers offered to Crompo and JB.  Here we go:

We on the forum have good rapport with each other for the most part, and some are good mates.  However, with an arena as such many do not divulge personal issues of themselves.

In June of 2019 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  It was discovered via a blood test in which I will subsequently elaborate on.  After a biopsy wherein 12 tissue samples were taken from my prostate, four were positive for cancer.  At this point I had three options:  Surgery for removal, radiation treatment to shrink and destroy the cancer, or do nothing about it.  The last option was not a good one for me, for I was 59 at the time.  Had I been 99, that might have needed a look.

Sue and I decided for surgery/removal.  I wanted this behind me and done.  Nothing to reoccur.  Prior to the surgery, however, I had a CT scan done to see if there was cancer anywhere else in the vicinity of the prostate.  If allowing to metastasize, cancer can spread to adjacent organs and areas such as the bladder, rectum, lymph tissue, and as my urologist noted, even into the bones.  Mine was only in the prostate.  Had it been elsewhere, radiation treatment would have been the only option.

On October 3, 2019, I had surgery for removal.  The surgery started at 0700 hours.  It was 5.5 hours long and done via robotics - the DaVinci machine.  By 1300 the next day I was at home in a recliner with a few tubes coming out of a few places, but all was well.  I have pictures of my prostate from the pathology lab and after being dissected into many slices I could see the actual cancer cells.  I wanted to see that bastard of a disease before it went off into an incinerator, back to hell where it came from.

My prostate cancer was discovered during a blood test.  I routinely have blood tests for a different reason, but that is not the point.  A PSA test - Prostate Specific Antigen.  It is an enzyme emitted from the prostate.  If there are high levels of it in your blood it is indicative of an abnormal prostate.  My doctor's office noted it, referred me to a urologist, his physical test validated it, and all of the above saved my life.  I am forever grateful to them.

Now, do NOT feel bad for me.  This was just one hurdle in my life.  I have actually had worse things happen to me before.  But as stated earlier by Trevor, it is very survivable.  It is unfortunately also becoming more common.  I had many guys who have had this surgery mentor me.  Guys at work, husbands of ladies at work, etc.  It is not something commonly discussed but a lot of gents have had to go through this.  If any of you have friends or loved ones having to deal with this, I am here 24/7 to talk to them about it.  My e-mail i available though my profile.  I am also this way in person over here should anyone wish to chat face-to-face or by phone.

So guys, have blood work done.  Have your medical provider run a PSA test on it.  It is THAT simple.  It could save you life and make your loved ones not have to deal with worse issues.  If your PSA is abnormally high, go from there with your doctor's recommendation.  This usually happens in blokes as we age, but always remember that cancer does not wait for an invitation.

And lastly, yes men, sex is still possible post prostate removal.  A little more difficult, but still possible.  Whenever you mess with the plumbing down low the fluids and paths become realigned or capped.  Medical review:  Testicles produce sperm.  A vasectomy prevents the transfer of the little guys down the pipe.  The prostate produces semen.  It is directly downstream of the bladder, encompasses the urinary tract, and all sperm passes through it on their way to the beach during party time.  Without the prostate, there is no ejaculation.  That does not prevent orgasm, though.  It might all sound odd to the outsider, but to the insider it is all too real.

Hoping for the best for Crompo, JB, and all of the others having been dealt this hand.

Powerful story Mike.
Great to hear you came out the otherside, and did it in your stride!

Amen to That !!!....you are a good guy Mike mate, and bloody tough too by the sounds of it
Paul Murray Live

mikeamerica84

Quote from: T1 on May 20, 2021, 06:16:23 PM
Amen to That !!!....you are a good guy Mike mate, and bloody tough too by the sounds of it
Ahhh.... I'm not that tough, Mick.  I'm just a regular driver.  My pit crew got me back out without losing a lap.  They get all the credit.  Hopefully Crompo will have the same good fortune.

Glad you are back on the forum, sir.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Dasha

Quote from: Bonlac on May 13, 2021, 10:16:27 PM
Most blokes survive prostate cancer, the chances are much improved if it is diagnosed early, but even late'ish is survivable
Yes that is true mate my brother in law was just diagnosed with prostrate cancer & he had it removed & now is all clear.
Hope they got onto it early & he will be back doing what he does best.

PVDA

Good to see Crompo appear in the Telecast this morning obviously from the studio in Sydney.

murph_fan51

Quote from: PVDA on July 17, 2021, 02:58:15 PM
Good to see Crompo appear in the Telecast this morning obviously from the studio in Sydney.
Yeah absolutely!
debris debris debris

Sonic

feel it was a bit tough giving Jack a penalty for impeding in quali. there were 3 cars dawdling and he was the one with the least vision, if a penalty was given to him it should prob have gone to all 3.

this whole going slow on a race track is a load of bs... either get on the loud pedal or get off the track.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!