News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Looks like covid strikes again new date 4th to 7th November for the great race. Probably a good call but it will be HOT

madbugger

And the best part of this announcement - Scotty should be available to race
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

stevo qld

Quote from: fordman on July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM
Looks like covid strikes again new date 4th to 7th November for the great race. Probably a good call but it will be HOT

9 to 25 degree average but with a high chance of rain, on average, and a lowish humidity.

25 degrees is not hot, let alone HOT.

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/australia/bathurst/climate
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Had a feeling it would move to the Speed Weekend... I guess my leave is already sorted 8).

Good moves by Supercars to ensure the best chance to have fans trackside.
And McLaughlin being able to drive will be good too, add some spice to the weekend. Do we know who he's driving with yet? I have a memory of Davo, but I'd be teaming him with de Pasquale.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman

Quote from: stevo qld on July 30, 2021, 08:23:27 AM
Quote from: fordman on July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

9 to 25 degree average but with a high chance of rain, on average, and a lowish humidity.

25 degrees is not hot, let alone HOT.

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/australia/bathurst/climate

Too far out for any accurate weather prediction been going for 21 years straight even 25 can feel like 30 .

Good news if SM can race. Might give SVG some competition ? 

Trevor

Bloody hell, we have camp spots and tickets, I think the change will be OK for us
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

fantastic... same weekend as Historic Sandown :'(
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

WarrenK

Who really believes this will happen with spectators(maybe NSW residents who are not in lockdown).   In the news today the NSW government said there could be rolling lockdowns into 2022.  If this is the case no state will remove the red zone status of NSW until there are no more lockdowns, and even then there needs to be no community cases for for 4 weeks.  The only way interstate visitors will be there are those who are wiling to pay for 2 weeks quarantine on their return.

fordman

One thing I have worked out is do not listen to negative predictions. It is a nightmare for anyone trying to run a national series atm be it footy Alf soccer etc . They would have to be sure they can get teams in and out of new to run a 2020 style event and Sydney would have be clear for that to happen as Bathurst is a bit close. Let's all hope it is over by then if not welllll  no 2021 Bathurst?

Sonic

perhaps if they did a state by state thing rather than bouncing between them it would be more workable for the series.

start in state A (serve any required time) and then go back home and repeat...

means some time away from home at times depending on where you are from but if the category works together it could almost be a rolling hub.

it is doable if they want to.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

murph_fan51

Revised 2021 Repco Supercars Championship calendar

Event   Date
Repco Mt Panorama 500*   February 26-28
Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint   March 20-21
Beaurepaires Tasmania SuperSprint   April 17-18
OTR SuperSprint   May 8-9
Merlin Darwin Triple Crown   June 18-20
NTI Townsville 500*   July 9-11
WD-40 Townsville SuperSprint*   July 17-18
Winton SuperSprint*   October 2-3
TBA   October 23-24
Repco Bathurst 1000*   November 4-7
Beaurepaires Sydney SuperNight   November 19-21
Boost Mobile Gold Coast 500*   December 3-5

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/supercars-unveils-revised-2021-calendar/

2 years no Supercars in NZ...I was hoping to take my son, he was 2 weeks old when they were last here but didn't take him then.

At least they could move Bathurst. I remember going there in 1999 and it was hot (for us anyway).
debris debris debris

Roadways6

Fourth time in the 24 year history of the event that it has been run in November, pretty good move.

I reckon they'll allow spectators, I doubt any will be from the greater Sydney area though

SetonFan

To minimise risk of border crossings, Winton/PI and Bathurst/SMP should be on back to back weekends.

Considering they must hit 12 rounds for the TV deal they aren't leaving much margin either before the end of the year.

Troy01505

Quote from: SetonFan on July 30, 2021, 11:01:46 PM
To minimise risk of border crossings, Winton/PI and Bathurst/SMP should be on back to back weekends.

Considering they must hit 12 rounds for the TV deal they aren't leaving much margin either before the end of the year.

Worse case scenario is running without fans, pretty sure this is currently being negotiated with state leaders.

Trevor

Maybe they should just allow people in from Green zones as a way of knocking the heads together of Gvmts
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!