News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarrenK

Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2021, 06:13:46 AM
Maybe they should just allow people in from Green zones as a way of knocking the heads together of Gvmts
If NSW is still a red zone(which it will be)  why would someone from a green zone want to go there as on their return to the green zone they would need to isolate at a quarantine hotel at their expense for 2 weeks.

fordman

Quote from: WarrenK on August 01, 2021, 10:41:12 AM
Maybe they should just allow people in from Green zones as a way of knocking the heads together of Gvmts
If NSW is still a red zone(which it will be)  why would someone from a green zone want to go there as on their return to the green zone they would need to isolate at a quarantine hotel at their expense for 2 weeks.

May only be NSW spectators only??? bit like last year?

stevo qld

Quote from: fordman on August 01, 2021, 11:36:13 AM

the way it is going, it could be country NSW only, or even Country NSW plus interstate and greater Sydney banned.

But, Bathurst isn't all that far from greater Sydney if some idiot decides he wants a pie at Pit Stop Pies.

We may have shortages of one type of vaccine, but we have no shortage of selfish idiots. >:(
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

Quote from: stevo qld on August 01, 2021, 01:24:27 PM
Quote from: fordman on August 01, 2021, 11:36:13 AM

the way it is going, it could be country NSW only, or even Country NSW plus interstate and greater Sydney banned.

But, Bathurst isn't all that far from greater Sydney if some idiot decides he wants a pie at Pit Stop Pies.

We may have shortages of one type of vaccine, but we have no shortage of selfish idiots. >:(

the key number is how many infectious in the community last three days has seen it DROP that,s good. plus reports of NSW reaching 70% vaccinated by mid Sept which if achieved will mean less lockdowns and vaccine passports allowing attendance at sporting events and alike, means by Nov race date LESS chance of it being effected by Covid.

I prefer to think positive rather than all the negative the media is spewing

Wrighty05

Needed to push it back further than that if they want a crowd

fordman

Quote from: Wrighty05 on August 03, 2021, 10:56:13 PM
Needed to push it back further than that if they want a crowd

I hope not, but suspect they will have alternate plans in consideration. could be a move to December??? any later could be NO bathurst or 2 events in same year???

Joe5619

By Nov 3rd-4th NSW is on track to be 70% double vaccinated. Even if it's a 100% NSW crowd, it will have crowds in my opinion with very few restrictions on caps.

fordman

Quote from: Joe5619 on August 04, 2021, 03:08:46 PM
By Nov 3-4 NSW is on track to by 70% double vaccinated. Even if it's a 100% NSW crowd, it will have crowds in my opinion with very few restrictions on caps.

That's what I believe will happen.

Trevor

By Nov 3rd-4th NSW is on track to be 70% double vaccinated. Even if it's a 100% NSW crowd, it will have crowds in my opinion with very few restrictions on caps.

won't happen, the Freedom Fighters will make sure of it
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on August 06, 2021, 06:31:40 AM

freedom fighters will only make up the 10% who don't want it. I believe we will get the 70% and a incentive of a passport will convince those holding out to go and get it. Supercars will have to wait until I believe 1st Oct to make a call on Bathurst. If numbers look promising it will go ahaead, if not plan B.

Again I am looking positive if 200k a day getting the jab is kept up and NSW ploughs aahead as well we will get there [ Bathurst]

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on August 06, 2021, 06:31:40 AM

They have their right to not vaccinate just like we have our right to vaccinate. We should be able to choose where and when we go places and the panic police are the reason we can't.

Bathurst without fans will be no different for me this year as I can't attend anyway but will be a shame to miss all the cheers over the top when CL clocks up his retirement victory

WarrenK

It doesn't matter how you look at NSW will be locked at of the rest of Australia to well after christmas unless they (and the rest of the states as well)can get  up to 80% vaccination rates. Relistically that won't happen due to the number of people having their right not to vaccinate.  The trouble is, do the interstate teams want to go to Bathurst?  If they did, they then could travel freely to the next event in NSW.  Now for every team to be able go to QLD for the last event it will be impossible.  The transporters might be able to clear the borders with the right paperwork, but every member of every team will need to quarintine at a quarintine hotel for $3000 per week per person. Alot of money for the teams to fork out.  Then onced quarintine is finished they can go to Surfers, but sadly to late as the race date was the previous weekend.

fordman

Quote from: WarrenK on August 07, 2021, 01:16:03 PM
It doesn't matter how you look at NSW will be locked at of the rest of Australia to well after christmas unless they (and the rest of the states as well)can get  up to 80% vaccination rates. Relistically that won't happen due to the number of people having their right not to vaccinate.  The trouble is, do the interstate teams want to go to Bathurst?  If they did, they then could travel freely to the next event in NSW.  Now for every team to be able go to QLD for the last event it will be impossible.  The transporters might be able to clear the borders with the right paperwork, but every member of every team will need to quarintine at a quarintine hotel for $3000 per week per person. Alot of money for the teams to fork out.  Then onced quarintine is finished they can go to Surfers, but sadly to late as the race date was the previous weekend.

If we keep up the 200k a day we have for the past month we will get there, those holding out do not number 5 million. Vaccine passports will come in and are already coming in, NSW workers [fully vaccinated CAN now work in Sydney LGA currently locked down. This  will motivate those holding back for sure.  the number thats critical is NOT the number of cases it the number of cases in the community before being diagnosed, its been hovering around the 50 mark for a few days if that FALLs thats good.

Bathurst is some time off yet, plenty can happen [ good or bad] given other states are having flair ups they too could force supercars hands as quarantining becomes a real issue. At the moment its not looking good but too early to go to plan B re-asses 1st Sept.

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on August 07, 2021, 06:35:17 PM
the number thats critical is NOT the number of cases it the number of cases in the community before being diagnosed, its been hovering around the 50 mark for a few days if that FALLs thats good.

It's not 50. It's been over half the daily case numbers and climbing.

Ford Faithful

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 07, 2021, 08:00:01 PM
Quote from: fordman on August 07, 2021, 06:35:17 PM
the number thats critical is NOT the number of cases it the number of cases in the community before being diagnosed, its been hovering around the 50 mark for a few days if that FALLs thats good.

It's not 50. It's been over half the daily case numbers and climbing.

Not sure what number you are looking at, the one I have which is broadcast everyday has been relatively stable, you maybe confusing those still to be determined rather than the ones that were in the community the whole time before being diagnosed? [ that is high] and given they must be found to be ok as they do not carry over into the next days numbers, if they were found to be out in the community they would carry them over as that is the number we want to drop.

Me thinks many of these were at the protest and didn't tell the contact tracers they were for fear of coping a fine? as the time line matches.

I think Supercars have until mid september to make a call on Bathurst.