News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on September 05, 2021, 03:11:09 PM
Quote from: Sonic on September 04, 2021, 09:42:46 PM
As for a NSW triple header, don't mind that as long as they don't use the same SMP track twice. Run the normal track one weekend and the short track the 2nd. Short and sharp and make them push!
I wish they had done this last year! I think it would have been great for the night race.

How about a joker lap using the short track? :P

that would be cool!! a shame to not be workable with the speed difference
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Sonic

about bloody time!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/08/supercars-tcr-could-share-bill-for-bathurst-festival/

Australia has needed a proper motorsport festival and most of us who attend are already there for a week anyway so a few extra days will work I think for most of us.

6 days of racing at Bathurst? YES PLEASE!!!!!!

Trevor

if I can bloody get out of Shepp  :o :o :o
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on September 08, 2021, 07:56:41 PM
if I can bloody get out of Shepp  :o :o :o

a show like that might almost convince me to risk my health with that bloody double shot of trouble!

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Interesting

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/08/supercars-tcr-could-share-bill-for-bathurst-festival/?fbclid=IwAR07zGzEPmZIzf7wLndNtSfNacZspov3d21oY3TzYgGgaTeVTmaRvd2VWus

My question will be what will happen to the ticket holders/campers [ if its allowed] tickets for the regular bathurst event?

will they be given first option at getting the Tuesday/Wednesday tickets? or will they find themselves in different seats for Tue/Wed and Thur-Sun ?

I would go to the six day event.

Roadways6

I find it hard to believe a Supercheap sponsored event would combine with a Repco sponsored event

Why would they cheapen the 1000 by combining it with an as yet non-existent event? And how would Supercheap like supporting a support race for a Repco sponsored 1000?

fordman

Quote from: Roadways6 on September 09, 2021, 12:28:56 PM
I find it hard to believe a Supercheap sponsored event would combine with a Repco sponsored event

Why would they cheapen the 1000 by combining it with an as yet non-existent event? And how would Supercheap like supporting a support race for a Repco sponsored 1000?

yeah that would be an interesting situation to handle eh ;D

Trevor

and seeing how anal Supercars are with their sponsors , I would categorically say it won't happen

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

What if say, the first 3 or 4 days was the Repco Bathurst 1000 and the next couple were the Supercheap whatever.
Sort of 2 meetings back to back.

fordman

Quote from: LG on September 09, 2021, 05:00:54 PM
What if say, the first 3 or 4 days was the Repco Bathurst 1000 and the next couple were the Supercheap whatever.

how would they decide on gate takings etc and any fees paid by vendors etc it could fall apart in the splitting of the money no doubt there will be a fight.

Sonic

only way I could see something like this being a working thing would be to start the lower categories early on with 2 prac sessions and quali on Tue/Wed, 'higher' categories to start prac/quali Thu/Fri along with races for the lowers, and the TCR 500 Sat afternoon and the 1000 on Sun.

both major categories would demand the biggest air time

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on September 09, 2021, 06:05:51 PM

how would they decide on gate takings etc and any fees paid by vendors etc it could fall apart in the splitting of the money no doubt there will be a fight.
Easy, boot everyone out and people buy a ticket to the next event.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

As long as it is on FTA TV, it will thoroughly satisfy this rapidly aging fan. I will not be attending, along with the vast majority of Bathurst followers.

I gave up camping at Bathurst when drunken riots endangered life, limb, and particularly cars which were frequently burnt.

Supposedly this is no longer the case, but I won't be chancing it.

On the happy side, that leaves more room for those who wish to attend.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

Quote from: AlbertM on September 09, 2021, 07:03:38 PM
Quote from: fordman on September 09, 2021, 06:05:51 PM

Easy, boot everyone out and people buy a ticket to the next event.

Only would work if the event was totally separate events separate programme etc you buy a ticket for each event if they mix the programme it wouldn't work.