News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Bathurst shift

Started by fordman, July 30, 2021, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

The Covid shuffle may have stopped the Boost NZ wildcard.

QuoteNew Zealand motor racing legend Greg Murphy says there's little chance of him driving at this year's Bathurst 1000, despite Supercars yesterday including him on a confirmed list of entrants.

The four-time winner of The Great Race had been looking to pair up with fellow Kiwi Richie Stanaway in a wildcard entry for Boost Mobile Erebus Racing.

However, Murphy says he and Stanaway have struggled to secure MIQ (managed isolation) spots to return to New Zealand and he can't see himself being involved in this year's Bathurst 1000, which takes place on December 5.

"I don't have any ability to get back into New Zealand," Murphy told Stuff.

"I would have pulled out by now, but everyone wants to hang onto the bitter end and get rid of any possible scenario.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/supercars-legend-set-to-abandon-bathurst-1000/ar-AAQyBsk?ocid=msedgntp
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

I purchased my ticket for Bathurst yesterday, seemed a bit cheap - I got a 4 day pass for $138 from memory

No questions about being vaxxed or anything, which I expected
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on November 17, 2021, 06:02:31 AM
I purchased my ticket for Bathurst yesterday, seemed a bit cheap - I got a 4 day pass for $138 from memory

Think the 6 day pass with pits is about $240.

While it'll hurt the pocket for folk who go as a family entry price really is very good value at $40 a day for 'entertainment'. Where else would you get it that cheap?

Of course, the cost of everything inside the gate is obnoxious but that is another story.

See you up there Trev. I get there Monday night.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

were the crowds at SMP required to be Vaccinated?

as for the ticket prices cannot attack SC for it very impressed camping is great value under 300 for the WHOLE week, and got my grandstand ticket upgraded to the whole week at no extra costs [ Tue/Wed] pretty good value for a WEEK worth of fun

Kytabu

Quote from: fordman on November 17, 2021, 09:55:49 AM

Yep, that is being checked for the SMP rounds.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

fordman

Quote from: Kytabu on November 17, 2021, 10:02:23 AM

Thanks, I suspect the same for Bathurst, I wonder if SC should make some sort of announcement about what's happening at Bathurst? just in case someone has bought tickets and is not fully compliant?

I wonder how they will handle camping and QR codes? I suppose check into campground then check out when you leave the ground and check into the track upon entry and visa versa???

Kytabu

At the 500 in February we had to scan a QR code every time we went through an entry gate. We never checked out when traversing between the top and the bottom.

I assume vaccination checks will also be done at the same time.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Roadways6

Quote from: fordman on November 17, 2021, 10:55:03 AM

Thanks, I suspect the same for Bathurst, I wonder if SC should make some sort of announcement about what's happening at Bathurst? just in case someone has bought tickets and is not fully compliant?

I wonder how they will handle camping and QR codes? I suppose check into campground then check out when you leave the ground and check into the track upon entry and visa versa???

Given that any freedoms for the unvaxxed don't come into effect until December 15, there is no need for Supercars to make any announcement. Unvaxxed people cannot attend

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on November 17, 2021, 08:35:06 AM

Think the 6 day pass with pits is about $240.

While it'll hurt the pocket for folk who go as a family entry price really is very good value at $40 a day for 'entertainment'. Where else would you get it that cheap?

Of course, the cost of everything inside the gate is obnoxious but that is another story.

See you up there Trev. I get there Monday night.

What's the go with the paddock pass? Is it just access to the supports, or will Supercars open up their area?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman

Quote from: Roadways6 on November 17, 2021, 06:04:45 PM
Quote from: fordman on November 17, 2021, 10:55:03 AM

Given that any freedoms for the unvaxxed don't come into effect until December 15, there is no need for Supercars to make any announcement. Unvaxxed people cannot attend

Probably so, I susect we all know by now what the go is.

fordman

Just read fine print on their site does confirm passports will be needed.

fordman

just remember local council elections on race weekend.

Trevor

we are there from Thursday
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!