News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Hungary

Started by mikeamerica84, August 03, 2021, 01:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Hats off to Ocon and the boys! 
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

reckon that has to go down as one of the best GPs for quite some time (apart from the first corner shenanigans)

disappointed for a bunch of drivers to be eliminated because of one driver not using enough caution, but it does happen sometimes.

hilarious to see Lewis taking the second start on his own... would have been hilarious if he got a jump start penalty :D

sucks for Daniel... whole bunch of front runners knocked out (and yes he was spun too) but he still got lapped and no points :( that's gotta hurt!!

stoked for Ocon... and SUPER impressed by Alonso, kept his lines and made LH work for it... and then to top it off waited at the podium for Ocon and made sure everybody knew who won the race...

well done to Williams with both cars in the points. nice to see them get a little reward but I doubt (other than George) that they will have much hope of getting any more through the season

and then disappointment for Vettel... could only get 300ml of fuel out rather than a litre (which allegedly had 1.4 litres in it?) and got stripped of his P2 after a ripper race... what the hell do they need 1 litre of fuel for? how many tests are they doing that requires a full litre?? plus I would have thought that the race fuel would be supplied to the teams at this level each race weekend to be sure everyone uses the same so they would only need a few mil to test the car sample against the provided sample?

all in all, was a race worth staying up for :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

I was slightly surprised/amused that it was said during the GP that if the GP of Japan gets canceled, they are looking at a double header at Circuit of the Americas.  If so, i wonder if they will use the long course for both events.  I would imagine so for the short course (that Supercars used the one year they were here) wouldn't let the F1 cars stretch their legs.  They'd lose one big DRS zone and as we all know these days, that is status quo.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

if they do a double they'd be mad to just use one track when multiple configs are available... but it'd also be cool to see them use a second track but I also understand it would cost less to not move them about the country
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!