News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Disgusting CFMEU behavior

Started by coyote302, September 21, 2021, 07:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote302

I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Zac

So, no ultra right-wing anti-vaxxers protesting. Thanks for letting us know, coyote.
It looked like some of them joined in a legitimate protest and hijacked it, but
it's a relief to know it was only those crazy left-wingers stirring up trouble.  :)
Thanks for that.   

stevo qld

Left Wings and Right Wings: both wings need to be clipped.

Personally, i don't care who they are or what their motive was, the Army and Police should have collected the WHOLE lot and bussed them to the most distant Magistrates Court in Victoria, which probably isn't all that far in Victoria.  Hopefully one where the Magistrate is on leave and they have to wait for her/him to get back.

Apparently only a relative few were arrested, from TV reporting.

One has to feel sorry for Dan. Who would seriously want to represent this rabble as Premier?????

QuoteAndrews condemns 'terrible behaviour' as protesters storm through Melbourne's CBD
Posted 11h ago11 hours ago, updated 26m ago26 minutes ago
Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.
WATCH
Duration: 1 minute 20 seconds1m 20s
Play Video. Duration: 1 minute 20 seconds
Hundreds march through Melbourne in protest of mandatory vaccinations.
You can watch this and read at the same time with picture in picture
Help keep family & friends informed by sharing this article

COPY LINK
More than 2000 protesters shouting anti-vaccination messages have marched through Melbourne's CBD, as the construction industry reels from a snap two-week shutdown imposed overnight.

Key points:
Police shut traffic along the West Gate Bridge as the crowd marched across the freeway
Several protesters identified themselves as CFMEU members opposed to mandatory vaccinations
Union leaders say far-right extremists have also been involved in orchestrating the protest
After spending several hours roaming around the CBD, the crowd marched down the West Gate Freeway, forcing police to divert traffic.

After marching onto the West Gate Bridge, the protesters turned back into the city and were met by a line of riot police, who appeared to fire tear gas or rubber pellets at the crowd.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Shane Patton said managing the mostly male crowd of around 2,000 people had proved challenging for the roughly 500 officers who responded.

"Any police force would have been challenged by the spontaneity and the sheer mass of numbers we saw from this group, and the tactics they employed throughout the day," Commissioner Patton said.

"Crowds like this, they're for cowards. Cowards who seek to hide their identity and conduct other activities, to do other things that if they were by themselves they wouldn't have the courage to do."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/victoria-construction-industry-shutdown-melbourne-protest-police/100478450

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on September 21, 2021, 08:34:26 PM

Personally, i don't care who they are or what their motive was, the Army and Police should have collected the WHOLE lot and bussed them to the most distant Magistrates Court in Victoria,
Now, that sounds like the ideal way to deal with protestors in a democracy. Get the army and the police to round up the whole lot. Right on, brother - oldtimer, sorry.

stevo qld

Quote from: Zac on September 21, 2021, 08:56:14 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on September 21, 2021, 08:34:26 PM

Personally, i don't care who they are or what their motive was, the Army and Police should have collected the WHOLE lot and bussed them to the most distant Magistrates Court in Victoria,
Now, that sounds like the ideal way to deal with protestors in a democracy. Get the army and the police to round up the whole lot. Right on, brother - oldtimer, sorry.

Law breakers should be treated to the fullest extent of the Law.

The Majority i.e. the Democracy should be disrupted in this way by mob rule.
Maybe we should blame Soccer. If we had Soccer Football established in this country as in Europe, the hooligans could beat each other up at football matches and let the majority of law abiding citizens get on with their lives.

QuoteDefinition of democracy. 1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority. b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=democracy+definition+government&cvid=54aea7aaf81a434f80a38ac5c20c4d44&aqs=edge.3.0l9.12545j0j1&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Back to coyote's original post:
Quote from: coyote302 on September 21, 2021, 07:35:00 PM
Ultra Right Wing Anti Vaxers? I think not, typical behavior by this union. The ALP should distance themselves from these thugs.
The CFMEU should distance itself from these thugs. Most of us ('The Majority) don't like that union, and probably with good reasons, but it does support vaccination, its state office was attacked, and its state secretary spoke against the protesters. That's a reasonable distancing from a protest that seemed a bit anti-vax to me. While stevo is googling for quotes on democracy, he can google for 'Melbourne protest organisers' or something like that. Give it a few days, stevo, once some of those arrested have fronted court, and we'll see who was involved.

I just had a google too. This is the first one that came up:
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/construction-shutdown-sparks-huge-protest-as-fault-lines-exposed-20210921-p58tkw.html

LG

I don't really care what their handles are it was disgusting and criminal  behaviour.
If it was supposed to be a peaceful protest by some members of the CFMEU why did they not turn and walk away when the violence started?

Zac

I don't know. Maybe some did. Maybe "the majority" there had no connection to any union and various handles have been given to those who were there. I doubt anyone here supports the way that march/protest/whatever turned out, but the title of this thread, 'Disgusting CFMEU behaviour' is probably the wrong handle for it.

Ospif1

Quote from: coyote302 on September 21, 2021, 07:35:00 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbourne/premier-condemns-protests-in-melbourne-cbd-following-two-days-of-unrest/ar-AAOEED0?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Ultra Right Wing Anti Vaxers? I think not, typical behavior by this union. The ALP should distance themselves from these thugs.
Can you share the proof you have of who was involved?

PVDA

There was way too many brand new clean hi viz shirts and jackets, I reckon there was a spike in sales so a lot of non tradies could look like tradies.

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on September 22, 2021, 08:09:03 AM
I don't really care what their handles are it was disgusting and criminal  behaviour.

Spot on, LG.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Nobody here is doubting that the behaviour was criminal and disgusting. The thread was about whose behaviour it was.

LG

Quote from: Zac on September 24, 2021, 04:55:20 PM
Nobody here is doubting that the behaviour was criminal and disgusting. The thread was about whose behaviour it was.

Well there was some CFMEU members, perhaps some other tradies and some "professional protesters."
There was certainly a lot of people wearing nice new tradie clothing.

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on September 25, 2021, 02:00:33 PM
:o ;D

I love how all the store signs are reversed but the Trump flag isn't.