News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Newcastle back as 2022 Season Opener

Started by drivexby, September 30, 2021, 09:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Awesome news. Still prefer Adelaide, but this is a solid replacement for the time being.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

kennymiesta

It's certainly going to have a different feel about it being the first round as opposed to the last. Should hopefully see a little more risk taking.

SetonFan

I'm glad to see them pursuing this as it likely means they will go ahead with the 12 Hour in a local capacity.

Troy01505

Quote from: kennymiesta on September 30, 2021, 06:55:24 PM
It's certainly going to have a different feel about it being the first round as opposed to the last. Should hopefully see a little more risk taking.

Not sure about that, some drivers just try to come out unscathed to get a good start on the year. Only way we'll see more action is to either have a bigger point difference between positions or cash per placing.

mikeamerica84

Welcome aboard, Kenny.

Allow me to introduce you:  Kenny is a good hitter on a few sites I frequent to "find" my Supercars fix.  And years ago, he was a regular on an old website run by our good buddy Craig (Wiked), which is now no longer.  A welcome addition to our "new" site.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Mar 4-6 would seem to put to bed early any talk of the F1 labour day weekend in Vic. (the next weekend)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

kennymiesta

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on October 01, 2021, 11:05:35 AM
Welcome aboard, Kenny.

Allow me to introduce you:  Kenny is a good hitter on a few sites I frequent to "find" my Supercars fix.  And years ago, he was a regular on an old website run by our good buddy Craig (Wiked), which is now no longer.  A welcome addition to our "new" site.

Cheers Mike! It's good to be on board!

SetonFan

Quote from: Sonic on October 01, 2021, 04:02:10 PM
Mar 4-6 would seem to put to bed early any talk of the F1 labour day weekend in Vic. (the next weekend)
The GP is likely to be 10th April so I reckon Round 3 of both our calendar and F1.

CP

Quote from: Sonic on October 01, 2021, 04:02:10 PM

Also means that any covid concerns around that part of the world may have quelled by then. It is pretty bad down that way at the moment.