News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super-duper cars SMP (spoliers)

Started by REM, October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djr18fan

Quote from: Kytabu on November 20, 2021, 08:17:55 AM
Quote from: djr18fan on November 20, 2021, 05:21:16 AM
Menu bars are completely different on the mobile version of the supercars site.
"Optimising" for viewing on a phone makes the track schedule harder to find.
For the mobile site, scroll all the way to the bottom where the points standings are then come back up a little for the schedule.

Impressive start from Payne in both the Super2 and Additional Driver sessions!

Nothing there on mine.
I go menu, TV schedule, (which gives no breakdown of TV times other than broadcast start & finish. Then there's a link to track schedule in the Foxtel text.

There used to be a track schedule that would show in the readers local time, with option to switch to event time zone. I can't find that anymore.

11pm finish tonight. Better than a night race in Perth I guess.

stevo qld

11 pm finish????

neither 7 or Foxtel show show anything after 9.30 and 9.45 respectively. (presumably southern politician adjusted daylight saving time)
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Kytabu

Just arrived at the track. Skies don't look too bad at the minute. It's actually quite warm considering it's overcast.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

TheArrow

Quote from: Kytabu on November 20, 2021, 11:40:59 AM
Just arrived at the track. Skies don't look too bad at the minute. It's actually quite warm considering it's overcast.
I was planning on going tomorrow, but the threat of rain and possibility of no race if it gets heavy enough... It's not worth the ~2hr drive down and grandstand tickets to shelter from the rain.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Roadways6

Quote from: TheArrow on November 20, 2021, 12:36:27 PM
I was planning on going tomorrow, but the threat of rain and possibility of no race if it gets heavy enough... It's not worth the ~2hr drive down and grandstand tickets to shelter from the rain.

Are they selling grandstand tickets?

When I went on week 2 grandstand entry was free with GA

TheArrow

Quote from: Roadways6 on November 20, 2021, 01:15:46 PM
Quote from: TheArrow on November 20, 2021, 12:36:27 PM

Are they selling grandstand tickets?

When I went on week 2 grandstand entry was free with GA
They had made it free that weekend due to the rain. I checked on Thursday, well after the rain forecast was pretty much locked in, and they still had reserved, unreserved grandstand, and GA as all separate ticket options.

Kytabu

We can upgrade our GA tickets to grandstand for $30 I think. I don't mind being out in the rain, though ;D.

Bloopy

Quote from: stevo qld on November 20, 2021, 11:37:55 AM
11 pm finish????

He's looking at when the race finishes in NZ time. The actual coverage on NZ TV finishes at 11:55pm though by the looks of it!

LG

Anton still has the fastest car out there but his tyre wear will be far worse than the other brand of cars racing.

skaifeman

Quote from: LG on November 20, 2021, 06:39:34 PM
Anton still has the fastest car out there but his tyre wear will be far worse than the other brand of cars racing.

He certainly has struggled at SMP recently.

I think Kostecki is looking the best here, under the radar of the commentators too.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Very light, misty rain at Turn 1 at the moment. Bloody cold now too.

TheArrow

If the positions stay (roughly) as they are, this would be the first race since race 1 at Hidden Valley 1 last year with a podium not including either a DJR or a Redbull car.

skaifeman

The rain stole that from Waters and Brown. Well done to Cam for holding his podium!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Quote from: TheArrow on November 20, 2021, 08:41:52 PM
If the positions stay (roughly) as they are, this would be the first race since race 1 at Hidden Valley 1 last year with a podium not including either a DJR or a Redbull car.

What's the forum version of a commentators curse?