News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst Enduro Cup / Tipping Contest

Started by mikeamerica84, November 10, 2021, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

I am game for setting it up for the Mountain.  We'll pair up like usual based on the Table:  1-12, 2-11, 3-10, etc.

For the tipping contest..... Pick the Top 5?  Top 10?  Whole field?  What do you guys want?  I am figuring a formula of 5 points if you hit the car/position on the nose, 3 points if you are within 2 spots, 1 point if you are within 4 spots.

I am open to all options.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Kytabu

Perhaps pole position, fastest lap of the weekend, fastest race lap, top five, most places gained, and how long it takes Skaife to say "Brock always said great race tracks have consequences".
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

That sounds quite busy.  It could be on for young and old!

Thanx, Kye.

mikeamerica84

Okay, men.  Check this Bathurst 1000 entry list of mine and help me out with any shortcomings:

2  Walkinshaw Andretti United      Bryce Fullwood       Warren Luff          Holden Commodore ZB
3  Blanchard Racing Team           Tim Slade            Tim Blanchard        Ford Mustang GT
4  Brad Jones Racing               Jack Smith           David Wall           Holden Commodore ZB
5  Tickford Racing                 Jack Le Brocq        Zak Best             Ford Mustang GT
6  Tickford Racing                 Cam Waters           James Moffat         Ford Mustang GT
7  Kelly Grove Racing              Andre Heimgartner    Matt Campbell        Ford Mustang GT
8  Brad Jones Racing               Nick Percat          Dale Wood            Holden Commodore ZB
9  Erebus Motorsport               Will Brown           Jack Perkins         Holden Commodore ZB
11 Dick Johnson Racing             Anton de Pasquale    Tony D'Alberto       Ford Mustang GT
14 Brad Jones Racing               Todd Hazelwood       Dean Fiore           Holden Commodore ZB
17 Dick Johnson Racing             Will Davison         Alex Davison         Ford Mustang GT
18 Team 18                         Mark Winterbottom    Michael Caruso       Holden Commodore ZB
19 Team Sydney                     Fabian Coulthard     Jonathon Webb        Holden ZB Commodore
20 Team 18                         Scott Pye            James Golding        Holden Commodore ZB
22 Team Sydney                     Garry Jacobson       Dylan O'Keeffe       Holden Commodore ZB
25 Walkinshaw Andretti United      Chaz Mostert         Lee Holdsworth       Holden Commodore ZB
26 Kelly Grove Racing              David Reynolds       Luke Youlden         Ford Mustang GT
34 Matt Stone Racing               Jake Kostecki        Kurt Kostecki        Holden Commodore ZB
35 Matt Stone Racing               Zane Goddard         Jayden Ojeda         Holden Commodore ZB
39 Triple Eight Race Engineering   Broc Feeney          Russell Ingall       Holden Commodore ZB
44 Tickford Racing                 James Courtney       Thomas Randle        Ford Mustang GT
51 Erebus Motorsport               Richie Stanaway      Greg Murphy          Holden Commodore ZB
88 Triple Eight Race Engineering   Jamie Whincup        Craig Lowndes        Holden Commodore ZB
96 Brad Jones Racing               Macauley Jones       Chris Pither         Holden Commodore ZB
97 Triple Eight Race Engineering   Shane van Gisbergen  Garth Tander         Holden Commodore ZB
99 Erebus Motorsport               Brodie Kostecki      David Russell        Holden Commodore ZB

I want to make sure the horses are in front of the carts before we open the gates.

Kytabu

All correct, Mike, but still doubt over whether the Murphy/Stanaway wildcard will be able to happen with NZ border restrictions and still a potential cloud over Reynolds.

stevo qld

Reynolds is yet to be confirmed in the 26 car, pending approval of his jabs and the timing thereof by the NSW authorities.

I read that Kelly Grove is scouting for a backup driver.
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/luke-youlden-gets-second-sydney-supercars-chance/

New Zealand motor racing legend Greg Murphy says there's little chance of him driving at this year's Bathurst 1000, despite Supercars yesterday including him on a confirmed list of entrants.

The four-time winner of The Great Race had been looking to pair up with fellow Kiwi Richie Stanaway in a wildcard entry for Boost Mobile Erebus Racing.

However, Murphy says he and Stanaway have struggled to secure MIQ (managed isolation) spots to return to New Zealand and he can't see himself being involved in this year's Bathurst 1000, which takes place on December 5.

"I don't have any ability to get back into New Zealand," Murphy told Stuff.

"I would have pulled out by now, but everyone wants to hang onto the bitter end and get rid of any possible scenario.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/supercars-legend-set-to-abandon-bathurst-1000/ar-AAQyBsk?ocid=msedgntp
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

We'll continue to play it by ear.  I can see the 26 Car shining on but the NZ entry looks bleak, yes.

Thanks for the input, guys.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: stevo qld on November 11, 2021, 03:02:41 PM

New Zealand motor racing legend Greg Murphy says there's little chance of him driving at this year's Bathurst 1000, despite Supercars yesterday including him on a confirmed list of entrants.

The four-time winner of The Great Race had been looking to pair up with fellow Kiwi Richie Stanaway in a wildcard entry for Boost Mobile Erebus Racing.

However, Murphy says he and Stanaway have struggled to secure MIQ (managed isolation) spots to return to New Zealand and he can't see himself being involved in this year's Bathurst 1000, which takes place on December 5.

"I don't have any ability to get back into New Zealand," Murphy told Stuff.

"I would have pulled out by now, but everyone wants to hang onto the bitter end and get rid of any possible scenario.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/supercars-legend-set-to-abandon-bathurst-1000/ar-AAQyBsk?ocid=msedgntp
51 Car has been stricken from the list.  I'll have a tipping format after SMP IV.

skaifeman

I'll be keen to jump in, Mike.
Name the rules and I'll give my best guess.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Not sure if you have seen the news, Mike, but Ash Walsh will be replaced by David Wall in car #4.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on November 17, 2021, 09:03:44 PM
Not sure if you have seen the news, Mike, but Ash Walsh will be replaced by David Wall in car #4.
No, I haven't. Kye.  I modified the list. 

Still waiting for the David Reynolds saga to end one way or another, too.

Kytabu

Reynolds will be racing this weekend so I think it is safe to say he is in for Bathurst. That should be the grid finalised pending any issues arising between now and the race.