News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Thanksgiving

Started by mikeamerica84, November 26, 2021, 04:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Today is Thanksgiving here in the USA.  A National Holiday.  The ritual of getting together with friends and family to be together and feast.  Main course is usually turkey.

It all started way back when in the days when the first European settlers got here and broke bread with the Native Americans.  It was to be a peace making ritual.  Well.... eventually things went sideways for the latter, but you get the idea.

Do you guys have anything of the sort like this vice the Christmas Holidays?

Too bad you are not here.  We'd stuff our bellies with turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, mashers, etc., and drink until the beer and wine came out of our ears.  You'd be invited into this house.

Happy Thanksgiving!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

djr18fan

We celebrate the Queens birthday. By doing nothing except maybe going shopping.
Pretty much the same as all our public holidays except Christmas, which can involve outdoor activities in summer weather.

We do have 10 days paid sick leave each year. So overeating &drinking on any weekend can be followed by a self selected day off to recover.

skaifeman

The big question Mike.
Are you a Detroit or Chicago fan for the thanksgiving game?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

have a great day with the fam!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on November 26, 2021, 08:57:30 AM
The big question Mike.
Are you a Detroit or Chicago fan for the thanksgiving game?
I don't really follow the stick and ball sports anymore, but back in the day anytime Detroit squared off against Chicago, in any sport, being a Detroit boy (East Side), I waved the Tigers, Lions, Pistons, and Red Wings flags.

I have to say, the Lions-Bears game was on the TV today, but I really wasn't paying attention.  All I heard were the moans from the Detroit fans here.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Bloopy

Very close to the exact food my family has for a midday dinner on Christmas day in New Zealand, minus the pumpkin pie. The only other time of year we've had a proper roast turkey was right in the middle of the year at my maternal grandparents' house. Their idea being to have a Southern Hemisphere mid-winter faux Christmas dinner.

I don't remember ever having pumpkin pie, though shops selling American-style dessert pies (including by the slice) are becoming more common here so I wouldn't even have to lift a finger if I time it right.

murph_fan51

Quote from: djr18fan on November 26, 2021, 05:11:57 AM
We celebrate the Queens birthday. By doing nothing except maybe going shopping.

We do have 10 days paid sick leave each year. So overeating &drinking on any weekend can be followed by a self selected day off to recover.

;D ;D ;D
debris debris debris